PunterJohn

Guildford's Tarnished Gems

28 posts in this topic

I've read very mixed reviews about Surrey Gems (guildfordgems.co.uk) but was in Guildford on business and decided to risk it - big mistake. I was lied to and messed about big time. This 'establishment' has apparently just moved back to the town after a long leave of absence, but perhaps should have stayed away. I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences.

Alarm bells started to ring when no-one answered the phone until 10.15am (website says open from 10am). More alarm bells when it was clear that the advertised price wasn’t all that it seemed – extras for everything.  Kissing? An extra £20. Reverse oral? An extra £20. ‘Really?’ ‘Oh, hang on,' said the woman on the phone.' 'I think it might be £10 extra for those. Not sure. Check with the girl.’ Not trustworthy at all.

Anyway, I booked a girl for an hour at 12.30pm. More alarm bells when the woman wouldn’t give me the address despite a confirmed booking - ‘just get to Portsmouth Road’ – a really long and busy 'A' road in Guildford.

I got to the start of the road and called at 12.20pm. Phone constantly engaged. Finally I got through to be told 'she’s running 10-15 minutes late because the previous gentleman was late’. Not good.

When I pushed for what time the girl would be ready I wasn’t given a straight answer. After much evasion and nonsense the woman on the phone finally admitted that the punter before me started his session at 12.15pm – for an hour! She wasn’t running late - they'd double booked and lied about it.

The woman said she'd call me back after finding out how quickly I might be seen. She didn’t. I was left to hang around like a mug on the busy road. I then rang her - six times before an answer - to be told, yes, I could see the girl I'd booked... two hours later at 2.30pm. Nice. I’m afraid my lunch break didn’t stretch that far.

To describe this place as amateur is an insult to amateurs. With just two or three girls working, you surely have to be spectacularly inept and try extremely hard to double book anyone. If they can't even get that right...

From the website it looks like some House of Divine girls are working there, but I haven't got a clue why. It's like a Champions League footballer turning out for a dodgy pub side.

I posted this because I think that other punters need to be aware of what a shambles this place is. Do yourself a favour and save your hard earned £s for somewhere that takes a booking seriously and doesn't treat customers like shit.

From what I have read the place is run as a copycat of an indie flat, girls answering the phones. I'm guessing the girl who answered wasn't sure as to what the other girl did or didn't charge extras for. It's not a receptionist there in charge of organising the bookings and knocking on the door when someone runs over, changing booking durations when someone is late etc

thanks for that bud as near me.

"More alarm bells when the woman wouldn’t give me the address despite a confirmed booking - ‘just get to Portsmouth Road’ – a really long and busy 'A' road in Guildford."

i would have blowed them out at that point as i like to look the place up before i travel on google maps to get a feel for the place and check out car parking .

Thanks for letting us know, I have been toying with the idea of popping over there for a while as I have pretty much explored the desert that is Farnham - Fleet - Farnborough.  I think I may have to stick to my trips up to The Smoke instead.

Cheers

Went here when it was Surrey Gems in Camberley but only once despite the girls all looking lovely, I had to wait outside for 10-15 mins, which should have put me off.

The girl I saw was very nice to look at and did her job very well but I got the impression that the next 2 punters were waiting outside, I'd paid for 30 or 40 mins can't remember exactly but she was trying to get me finished within 30 seconds! 

Edited by Olderigetthemoreipunt

Thanks for your comments. I really should have called it a day earlier.

Re Chloe's point about it being run like an indie flat - the woman I spoke to gave the impression of being 'in charge' - making bookings, etc. She implied that someone else had taken my booking in the morning, which accounted for the cock-up, but it sounded like the same person to me.

One final thing I didn't mention. When I was initially told that the girl was running 10-15 mins late, I asked for the address so that I could come in and wait. This was declined as I was told 'we don't have room for anyone to wait'. As it's clearly so badly run there are likely to be several pissed off punters kicking their heels on the street when they inevitably 'run late' again. Until they all drift off to pastures new, of course.

Thanks for the warning PJ. Although I'm normally cautious with new members posts, your story does have the ring of truth.

Some of the girls at SG have worked at HoD-related parlours in MK where they were solid performers...a few of my faves work there, but it's too far for me to travel.

I'm pretty sure the ages of the girls are a work of fiction, I seem to recall some of them being advertised as older in MK, where there was an age honesty policy in place.

It was said they moved over to Surrey so that they could charge more for extras and ultimately earn more per day. It was also said that Surrey punters are more polite and don't quibble about paying for the extras.

It does sound like they aren't running it professionally if they can't even get the booking system straight.

Thanks for your comments. I really should have called it a day earlier.

Re Chloe's point about it being run like an indie flat - the woman I spoke to gave the impression of being 'in charge' - making bookings, etc. She implied that someone else had taken my booking in the morning, which accounted for the cock-up, but it sounded like the same person to me.

One final thing I didn't mention. When I was initially told that the girl was running 10-15 mins late, I asked for the address so that I could come in and wait. This was declined as I was told 'we don't have room for anyone to wait'. As it's clearly so badly run there are likely to be several pissed off punters kicking their heels on the street when they inevitably 'run late' again. Until they all drift off to pastures new, of course.

Okay, I am running with old info xx

I know a girl who used to work there and she told me that the house took so much of what the clients paid that it was barely worth her while to go there'

Hey all

I have used gems maybe 6 times before they relocated to Camberly and had some good bookings and some where I was pissed around through being made to wait and just left. I stopped using them.

Now they have returned back to Guildford and seem to be the same agency as Independent Angels from Woking, a much professional agency that I have used and always meet the best girls and got a great experience. Angels appeared about a 6 months after Cloud 9 got busted and in my opinion run by the same people. Always a great service.

I don't know if Gems was a part of the old Cloud9/Angels gang but suspect not due to unprofessionalism.

Haven't been since they have moved to Guildford but probably will soon.

Will report back soon

I've used SG many times, and seen some really lovely girls, not one of whom still works there. Venturer and I commented on a previous thread about SG (or GG or whatever they now call themselves). They did team up with Independent Angels and operated SG out of Frimley, and were 'Re-born' in Woking as IA. so two establishments but with essentially the same girls working two different buildings. Woking closed again very quickly and now both 'brands' work as one from the same location (check both websites and you'll see same 3 girls on same day at both places.)

The girls I knew (and still see elsewhere) would charge around £150 for an hour, about the same as most places, but SG decided to increase the 'rent' from £85 a day back in 2011) to £240 a day (July 2013). With 3 girls working, there were just not enough 'customers' for them to make any money.  I heard this from 2 different girls and believe them,  Both left as after deductions for the day, and their own costs, (travel, condoms, lube etc etc) they needed to earn £300 a day just to break even. On quiet days, they would go home empty handed and naturally were upset. After all who'd do this job for nothing.

I noticed the influx of HoD girls, but see how fast they move on.. Where is Kimberley (Honey of Annabellas), and Adele has disappeared again... (Sadly).

I'll balance this by saying I loved my time in all 10 yes 10 locations that SG have used in the last 2 years, always clean, modern and discreet. I never had the bad experience of Punterjohn, Bad luck there and it's true Chloe, the girls answer the phone, and if they are busy, no one will answer again till they are done. very occasionally the 'owner/maid' was there. I was lucky and  was always seen on time and saw gorgeous girls (the 2 above included). But I think the girls are the most important thing and they do the work, seems to me the SG owners are doing just fine thanks and as long as they keep pulling in new girls will continue to do so, but hey... my buck stops here..

I could never understand why girls would work somewhere where you had to pay the house up front at the start of the day or a set fee regardles of how much or little you have earned. Before the recession I can understand but now...no way, you just cant guarantee x

1 person likes this

I could never understand why girls would work somewhere where you had to pay the house up front at the start of the day or a set fee regardles of how much or little you have earned. Before the recession I can understand but now...no way, you just cant guarantee x

It is a simple reflection of power... when you don't have your own working apartment you are compelled to try and find somewhere to work... then those with such places try and maximise their take of the surplus value of our labour. It is always the same when the "landless" struggle to find somewhere they can make a simple living.

Nothing but Kulaks and Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili knew exactly what to do with them... 

It is a simple reflection of power... when you don't have your own working apartment you are compelled to try and find somewhere to work... then those with such places try and maximise their take of the surplus value of our labour. It is always the same when the "landless" struggle to find somewhere they can make a simple living.

Nothing but Kulaks and Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili knew exactly what to do with them...

I'm going to have to google that after my fifth coffee x

There are so many places though were you pay per booking. Half and half houses seemed to be dying out 6 years ago but now there are a lot of them again. Pure greed and exploitation. You need half ffs x

I was thinking of visiting them at some point hoping to save some money, can someone advise what you get from the basic service, im guessing it straight sex, OW and a kick goodbye at the end.  like most punts

I was thinking of visiting them at some point hoping to save some money, can someone advise what you get from the basic service, im guessing it straight sex, OW and a kick goodbye at the end.  like most punts

What would you expect other than a good bye at the end?

If you want dinner and delightful conversation you usually have to book the dinner dates x

The set up has always been weird there. They have never given out the address straight away, something to do with the girls working alone. They had a maid in Camberley/Frimley Green who was polite, not too sure if they have gone back to the old set up now they are back in Guildford.

There has been a change in management. I still see Julia, now indi, who keeps me in the loop.

The reason it went from GG to SG is because the short, fat redhead owner left 7 months ago because of a big argument with the old tall blond woman. Apparently the blond madam is a force to be rekoned with and pretty nasty with it. The fat girl was doing all the work and taking all the risks whilst the older one just came in and took the money and bossed everyone about. Maybe this is why the standards of running the placve has gone downhill. 

It is obvious that IA and SG are the same outfit. Shame really that IA have lowered their standards and joined forces with what appears to be a money grabbing establishment.

The girls are leaving and becoming indi purely becuase its cheaper to do it themselves. £240 is just obscene. How greedy can the owners be?

What would you expect other than a good bye at the end?

If you want dinner and delightful conversation you usually have to book the dinner dates x

Dinner at the end would be nice to finish the session compared to the kick I normally get :wub: but I still get the kick after the dinner anyway :unsure:

D0Biggins is right, the girls left largly because they didn't have a choice. FFS a daily charge that went up from 170 to 240 in 3 months, from 2 girls to 3 girls per day, and falling footfall, they had no chance.  Frimley was an awful move, parking was hopeless weekdays, phone answering was terrible, the maid upset the girls as she just didn't have a clue... I went there several times and spent far too much time consoling my favourite girls (not strictly what I'd gone there for, but hey, I'm the caring type :wub: ), seriously tho' at times they were almost too stressed or upset to 'work' and frankly I think thats awful. I'd seen them happy for ages, business was good, and they were earning well.

When the lady referred above left, She was helpful friendly and professional, I last saw her when GG were in Guildford Town (Nr HSBC) Regulars will know where I mean... ' Flat 4 '.... I was with 'Kimberley' at the time when the Police paid a visit, :eek: , But (Fat Lady) dealt with it calmly, properley and with no arrests or clients hassled (me included).. Ha.. Kimberley tried to hide . but boobs too big to squeeze in the wardrobe... both nearly wetting ourselves with laughter ...memorable....

When my fave girl decided to leave , she called the owner, no reply, tried again, no reply, had to text her why she was leaving... no response... CLASS

...Kulaks and Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili knew exactly what to do with them... 

I'm going to have to google that after my fifth coffee...

Chloe, Google is really bad at phonetics so I am guessing it threw up nothing!  Iosef Vissarionovich are the Given and Patronimic Names of a certain person better known to us in the west as Joseph Stalin, and taking pronunciation (I am imagining Inna's Accent here) and context into account Kulak(s) is better known in the west as Gulag!

Thank you HMG for a head full of really fcuking useless information!

Back on topic I haven't been to this particular establishment since I saw a certain Natasha there (in Woking - IA)about 3 or 4 years ago, it seemed OK at the time but based on the comments so far I think I will save up and spoil myself, from what I recall from a chat during a follow up visit with the aforementioned lady there was all manner of acrimonious shenanigans going on way back when.  It does indeed sound like Greed, pure and simple!

ALN

Niratak, I'd be interested to hear who your fave girl was.

The establishment always goes into serviced appartments when they get moved on and stay there for as long as possible, for a while they were in the same block and same floor as Julia. She left because the blond lady was a total fraud and there was no work, just to find they set up in the same block. Talk about taking the p*ss.

What gets me is the fact these girls keep going back. They have to do their own phones, provide their own condoms and sometimes their own washing powder. The apartments cost about £170 a day. Do the math, 3 girls all paying £240, cut out the middle man and they save themselves £185 a day!

Chloe, Google is really bad at phonetics so I am guessing it threw up nothing!  Iosef Vissarionovich are the Given and Patronimic Names of a certain person better known to us in the west as Joseph Stalin, and taking pronunciation (I am imagining Inna's Accent here) and context into account Kulak(s) is better known in the west as Gulag!

Thank you HMG for a head full of really fcuking useless information!

Back on topic I haven't been to this particular establishment since I saw a certain Natasha there (in Woking - IA)about 3 or 4 years ago, it seemed OK at the time but based on the comments so far I think I will save up and spoil myself, from what I recall from a chat during a follow up visit with the aforementioned lady there was all manner of acrimonious shenanigans going on way back when.  It does indeed sound like Greed, pure and simple!

ALN

Yes, Inna's reference to Stalin was a bit obscure for 21st century Brits.

In the context, I would think she did mean "kulaks" - they were a sort of agricultural bourgoisie, (landless, but relatively well off, who hired other peasants to work rented land), so they were a target of the mass of poor peasants, and Stalin.

Niratak, I'd be interested to hear who your fave girl was.

The establishment always goes into serviced appartments when they get moved on and stay there for as long as possible, for a while they were in the same block and same floor as Julia. She left because the blond lady was a total fraud and there was no work, just to find they set up in the same block. Talk about taking the p*ss.

What gets me is the fact these girls keep going back. They have to do their own phones, provide their own condoms and sometimes their own washing powder. The apartments cost about £170 a day. Do the math, 3 girls all paying £240, cut out the middle man and they save themselves £185 a day!

Amy :wub:  :wub:  :wub:     Gorgeous gorgeous little Spanish Girl, smiley friendly and just did it for me.... as they say.... She had me at 'Hello',,,,,, sigh,,,,,

Gone now, no doubt somewhere else, but last time I saw her She was so stressed at the lack of money , the fact there were 3 girls and just a handful of 'us' going in, I just sat and talked to her for an hour.... and you know what , I don't regret it for a moment, I couldn't see how anyone could just take a 'well here's your money, get on with it' attitude when the girl is clearly upset..  I wish her well...

Kimberley was great too, so too was Christina,

There is something strange going on with SurreyGems (Guildford Gold?) and Independent Angels (Cloud 9). They advertise the same ladies, on the same day BUT at different rates and at different locations. It just doesn't make sense.

How can the same person be in Guildford (Camberley/Frimley?) and Woking. They must have fast, sporty cars.

ALso the rates worry me. I would prefer to pay £50 (obviously) rather than £80 but not if the £50 becomes £80 after extras (with haggling and bad feelings).

The ladies advertised have an outstanding reputation at HOD where the prices seem to be set (apart from the obvious extra(s)). Why are they going to second rate establishments?

I have visited Cloud9 and had memorable experiences. Also Guildford Gold which was a clip joint. I just don't know what is going on. Also this talk about fat blond ladies confuses me. I guess it's something that punters don't generally (thankfully) have to deal with.

I think the best thing is to buy a train ticket up town and try HOD (the John Lewis of cat houses).

I noticed that Inna had a recent review in Surbiton. An interesting lady if she is familar with Joe Stalin.

PS Is it me or are Russians (a nasty generalisation but I don't know any better) slightly crazy. They hate gays, love Putin & will do anything for the glory of mother Russia. Personally I tolerate gays, hate Cameron and couldn't give a toss about the UK (or more precisely England). Perhaps that's just me.

I was thinking of going tomorrow (well today now actually) but I see that "both" places are closed for the holiday.