Sophie C

Receptionist Wages....

26 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea what the industry standard reception wages are these days for the higher end agencies?

Many thanks

If I was applying for the job I would expect double the minimum wage, plus the option of "road testing" the new comers.

In addition, I would not expect to be asked to work outside the hours of 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday!

I would demand luncheon vouchers, paid holidays, a company car (BMW 530.), and a lottery ticket every Saturday.

I trust that is helpful.

If I was applying for the job I would expect double the minimum wage, plus the option of "road testing" the new comers.

In addition, I would not expect to be asked to work outside the hours of 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday!

I would demand luncheon vouchers, paid holidays, a company car (BMW 530.), and a lottery ticket every Saturday.

I trust that is helpful.

All applications carefully considered cannot promise the lottery ticket though!

Anyone have any idea what the industry standard reception wages are these days for the higher end agencies?

Many thanks

I only know one , where reception gets payed a figure for each booking taken and completed . Interesting question though .

"plus the option of "road testing" the new comers."

i put myself forward for this once at a sheperds market walk up i used to frequent... they were always getting girls knock the door asking if there were any vacancies and were always hiring duds... needless to say they didnt take me up...

in those walk ups, back then, the general agreement for the maid used to be 10% of the takings, taken out of the girls profit... 50% for the house, 40% for the girl, 10% for the maid although there were of course exceptions.

i think it will probably depend on the financial structure of the establishment...

In kilburn once the maid opened the door to tell me the girl had not turned upto work. I asked the maid if I could have sex with her, she seemed a little surprised but £40 later I left feeling a lot better!

In kilburn once the maid opened the door to tell me the girl had not turned upto work. I asked the maid if I could have sex with her, she seemed a little surprised but £40 later I left feeling a lot better!

Now that's using your initiative! Good skills.

Many thanks

There is no industry standard. Some pay a set wage, some pay a set wage with a bonus if you hit a target, some offer a very low set wage then a percentage of the girls takings, some offer a very low wage then a set amount from each girl going up to different levels dependent on the number of bookings the girls get regardless of how much they earn from them. Some have a set wage and the girls pay a set tip at the end, a tenner or twenty each etc. Some offer no wage but you get a percentage or set amount from each girl dependent on either the money the girls earn or the number of bookings. 

Some pay a set wage, some pay a set wage with a bonus if you hit a target, some offer a very low set wage then a percentage of the girls takings, some offer a very low wage then a set amount from each girl going up to different levels dependent on the number of bookings the girls get regardless of how much they earn from them. Some have a set wage and the girls pay a set tip at the end, a tenner or twenty each etc. Some offer no wage but you get a percentage or set amount from each girl dependent on either the money the girls earn or the number of bookings. 

Answer the question, Chloe.

:)

Edited by vivluvsme
1 person likes this

Answer the question, Chloe.

:)

awww do I have too?

Shucks, okay. They get paid in Broccolli. The good ones get tender steam as oppose to buy by weight and the exceptional ones get purple sprouting  ;)

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Sophie C may be a little miffed about not getting a straight answer (other than the broccolli system).

But it seem it is just one of the ways having the experience, or having direct access to the experience, is invaluable and it might be best to ask a friendly or an ex madam or receptionist from a local establishment if they will divulge the information accepted in that area for that type of place..

Sophie C may be a little miffed about not getting a straight answer (other than the broccolli system).

But it seem it is just one of the ways having the experience, or having direct access to the experience, is invaluable and it might be best to ask a friendly or an ex madam or receptionist from a local establishment if they will divulge the information accepted in that area for that type of place..

Did she really expect one here from a bunch of idiots such as us? :D

Yes! (but point taken). And she got the best answer from Chloe even though to be the best it needed to be complicated. Which is why it must help so much to have access to people who know how things are done (or the list of ways how things can be done).

If I were Sophie C I would be pm'ing the likes of Chloe and Holly and picking their brains.

I assume she is connected to a punting operation being set up and wanting a handle on some fundamentals as well as wanting to be able to make the place and experience in her own vision.

Read some posts here where the recep getting some of the girls take, reminds me of movie stars take home pay, £10M - £1M for manager, another £1M for guy to pick up dry cleaning etc and the end of it he takes home a fraction for his hard work. Life of a WG, no wonder the prices are high.

Hmmmmm lol. Thanks guys. Best go get a load of broccoli then x

Whatever the earnings are, you should also consider the legality of the role and potential consequences.

Many thanks

That depends on what you class as a Higher end agency...

Also depends on what the requirements of the job are.

If it's just answering the phone, then a set wage would be fine.

If its answering the phones, door, greeting clients, getting them refreshments, and making sure the place is clean and tidy... then it's a maid.

So that would be more.

General London Prices are 10% of what the girls earn.

There are a few who do £100-£150 a day flat rate, with a bonus if they hit more than X clients.

Just depends on what you want.

Both have good and bad points.

Read some posts here where the recep getting some of the girls take, reminds me of movie stars take home pay, £10M - £1M for manager, another £1M for guy to pick up dry cleaning etc and the end of it he takes home a fraction for his hard work. Life of a WG, no wonder the prices are high.

I hope you're joking.

There is a huge difference legal wise of being a maid on a premises and being a recpetionsit that answers from home. I wasnt talking about maiding x

There is a huge difference legal wise of being a maid on a premises and being a recpetionsit that answers from home. I wasnt talking about maiding x

Not really. If they try to go along the control for gain route there is little difference, if anything the maid has a stronger leg to stand on as the girl will at least be in her presence when some bookings are taken. Someone miles from the girl is still controlling by taking bookings for a girl without asking her if she wants that booking . A maid or receptionist isn't as culpable as the owner of course, the buck stops with you. If the police are involved you have to do the right thing and not let your staff take the fall

With one agency, I will not name them, I was paid £50.00 a shift plus a percent on bookings taken, the shift started at 11pm and finished at 7am so unearthly hours. but I do know of other agencies who pay more per shift.

When I did it Sophie I had a prior arranged percentage agreed from the girls I took work for per booking.  It's difficult if your not 100% sure your girls are reliable (mine were all personal friends and I doubled up as a safe buddy).  I didn't work for an agency and the girls all had their own sites, I just handled the bookings.  Not sure I'd do it now though.

reminds me of movie stars take home pay, £10M - £1M for manager, another £1M for guy to pick up dry cleaning etc and the end of it he takes home a fraction for his hard work. Life of a WG, no wonder the prices are high.

I hope you're joking.

Possibly not; Rupert Everett gave an interview once where he was asked about the obscene salary he received for a terrible film called The Next Best Thing.  He explained that by the time his agent had taken their cut, and he'd paid assistants/managers/housekeepers/accountants etc and, of course, the taxman, he was frustrated at how few millions were left.

And Porker Paul, when can you start? :lol:

Possibly not; Rupert Everett gave an interview once where he was asked about the obscene salary he received for a terrible film called The Next Best Thing.  He explained that by the time his agent had taken their cut, and he'd paid assistants/managers/housekeepers/accountants etc and, of course, the taxman, he was frustrated at how few millions were left.

And Porker Paul, when can you start? :lol:

A week next Thursday, after a late breakfast; in Porker Towers we have to wait till the Social Security cheque has arrived, and then we have a good meal. Then I shall be ready for the arduous duties!!