Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourSlave

Remember Mr. Lucas The Christian Guy From The Debate In Edinburgh?

15 posts in this topic

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/letters/sex-workers-1-3060097

He was one of the supporters for the recent failed Rhoda Grant proposal to criminalize the purchase of sex in Scotland. Here he is again writing an article for the Scotsman.

He's saying unbiased reporting shouldn't use the term "sex worker". He calls saunas "illegal brothels", he claims these "criminal organisations" shouldn't have a good working relationship with the police but instead "have the full force of the law to bear on them".

And perhaps worst of all, he implies because sex workers are seen naked by clients routinely there is no need to seek their consent for anyone else to see them naked, and they have no right to compain if a male cop barges in on them being strip searched.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/letters/sex-workers-1-3060097

He was one of the supporters for the recent failed Rhoda Grant proposal to criminalize the purchase of sex in Scotland. Here he is again writing an article for the Scotsman.

He's saying unbiased reporting shouldn't use the term "sex worker". He calls saunas "illegal brothels", he claims these "criminal organisations" shouldn't have a good working relationship with the police but instead "have the full force of the law to bear on them".

And perhaps worst of all, he implies because sex workers are seen naked by clients routinely there is no need to seek their consent for anyone else to see them naked, and they have no right to compain if a male cop barges in on them being strip searched.

He's obviously a head case and the more like him that feel the need to make their anti sex worker stance in public the more they will inevitably alienate people in general! Also with an attitude like this - how dare he call himself a Chrisrtian, HOW DARE HE!

He seems a good debater and his logic is inescapable if you accept that the saunas are brothels and that these are illegal business ventures.

It seems a very unforgiving approach and doesn't seem very Christian - Jesus is credited with some encounters with prostitutes and doesn't come out with attitudes like Lucas.

Following his logic, since Christians think the crucifixion was a good thing for Jesus we should  crucify all Christians.

Edited by WykeTyke

Following his logic, since Christians think the crucifixion was a good thing for Jesus we should  crucify all Christians.

i think you're being a bit nasty. You have to admit real or not it is very moving and is very inspirational even for non-Christians.

i think you're being a bit nasty. You have to admit real or not it is very moving and is very inspirational even for non-Christians.

No, I'm not being nasty at all, I'm simply highlighting obvious flaw in his logic.

His words are blatantly stupid and not in the slightest inspiring.

Christians do not believe that crucifixion was "a good thing for Jesus". Jesus was, believe it if you can, I do, simultaneously a man, born of a woman, and God Almighty. He did not wish to be crucified, although knowing the Jewish quisling government's ways, he had a good idea that if he continued to preach his gospel, he'd be strung up. Crucifixion is one of the more painful, drawn out and humiliating ways of suffering a death sentence.

As Salafists are to decent ordinary muslims, so is Lucas and his like to God-fearing Christians.

Christians do not believe that crucifixion was "a good thing for Jesus". Jesus was, believe it if you can, I do, simultaneously a man, born of a woman, and God Almighty. He did not wish to be crucified, although knowing the Jewish quisling government's ways, he had a good idea that if he continued to preach his gospel, he'd be strung up. Crucifixion is one of the more painful, drawn out and humiliating ways of suffering a death sentence.

As Salafists are to decent ordinary muslims, so is Lucas and his like to God-fearing Christians.

It's because of the cruifixion real or not that Christianity still exists. This was meant to be the son of god who walked on water and turned water into wine. Yet on the cross died and supposeably felt pain like the rest of us. Yet 'god' did not intervene during this humilation and when he was cut from the cross he fell down dead.

Edited by met012

He's obviously a head case and the more like him that feel the need to make their anti sex worker stance in public the more they will inevitably alienate people in general! Also with an attitude like this - how dare he call himself a Chrisrtian, HOW DARE HE!

Exactly, Jesus was shacked up with a prostitute. There is apparently evidence in the gospels of people who actually knew jesus the human being NOT included in the bible, left out by people who were not even alive during his lifetime, that there was far more to the relationship between Jesus and Mary Magdelena than previously though. The fact that she dried his feet with her hair for a start. Apparently it was a lovers act of devotion back in the day. Says it all really. Turn the other cheek? Not if its for a prostitute. Forgiveness? Not if its for a prostitute. Live and let live? Not if its for a prostitute. Love your brother? Not if he consorts with prostitutes blahhhhhhbla

He was born of woman. He wasnt part alien or part man in the sky. He had gods spirit within him which to my translation means he was a highly enlightened person who perhaps did have some connection with someone or something somewhere, wether that was a god, a spirit or his own inner mind being more open than most none of us will ever know for sure. Faith, what one has in the absence of evidence. There is proof jesus existed, there is no proof of other things though.

It's because of the cruifixion real or not that Christianity still exists. This was meant to be the son of god who walked on water and turned water into wine. Yet on the cross died and supposeably felt pain like the rest of us. Yet 'god' did not intervene during this humilation and when he was cut from the cross he fell down dead.

I dont think he died and came back to life. I think he suffered great bloodloss and his hearbeat was as low as it could possibly go, he managed to hang on for a bit, recover a bit to the point where he regained consciousness then (probably as a result of  infection) died. He didnt float off into the sky till he disappeared above the clouds. People have been pronounced dead since then only to miraculously wake up. Would it then be proof of divine spirit if they then died  soon after nowadays, no, it would be classed as bloody unlucky and a bit of a shame but thats life and thats that.

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Well he wouldnt be able to have a second coming will he died would he. If he is up there its a shame its taking so long, i have a proper big bunch of questions I would love to ask if he ever appears again. 

Mmmm wasnt the devil supposed to rise up and have his golden age just before jesus reappears again. You know what will happen if its all true dont you, Lucifer will make a financial killing and when jesus is reborn no one will bloody believe him and he will probably be put onto beta blockers to spend the rest of his life dribbling onto his "The end is night" t-shirt.