rob69

Christmas holiday

31 posts in this topic

Hi

Has anyone got any good ideas for a Christmas holiday ?

Pref somewhere warm and with p2p fun

I would say Thailand, but prices rise around Xmas, how long you got?

There are some good packages to Malta at the moment, about 70 degrees F this time of year, and there seem to be a good few WGs around Sliema and St Julian's. :o

Been to Thailand too many times and also they are asking over £1100 for a flight over Christmas so thought about somewhere new.

I can manage about 2 weeks will take a look at Malta

There are some good packages to Malta at the moment, about 70 degrees F this time of year, and there seem to be a good few WGs around Sliema and St Julian's. ;)

Tony - I'm interested in your thoughts. The overall tone of the Malta forum on ISG (for what it's worth) suggests that the scene there is pretty sparse. Could you perhaps say more about what/who you have in mind? Thanks.

Canary islands are a good bet and lots of fun, virtually guarenteed good weather and plenty of "clubs"

Canary islands are a good bet and lots of fun, virtually guarenteed good weather and plenty of "clubs"

I would go for the Canary Islands rather than Malta (better weather), you will struggle to find good deals over the Christmas period. :o;)

Any reasonable and good quality p4p in Tenerife ?????

Yes, i had a lot of free punts there ,but that was in my Twenties .....

There are "clubs" in Tenerife, I doubt very much the prices would be reasonable.

I visited one of the "massage parlours" a few years back and the prices were dearer than London, I walked out. :o:(

Yes, i had a lot of free punts there ,but that was in my Twenties .....

Yes a few clubs in Tenerife

Cassanova sprins to mind and not too bad. It was a couple of years ago. Drinks expensive and girls

Hi

Has anyone got any good ideas for a Christmas holiday ?

Pref somewhere warm and with p2p fun

You will see me by the pool in Tenerife :)

I have got an appartment in Puerto de la Cruz but just so fed up with Teneriffe so fancied something new

There are "clubs" in Tenerife, I doubt very much the prices would be reasonable.

I visited one of the "massage parlours" a few years back and the prices were dearer than London, I walked out. ;):(

My guideline for overseas punting now ,is london prices .

Anything , more expensive than for a comparable service in london ,i just walk out .

The whole point of going on an overseas holiday is to really afford it ,ie everything should be cheaper than london prices .

Otherwise i might as well stay in london ,and as Jimmy correctly stated it is a Buyers market these days .

My guideline for overseas punting now ,is london prices .Anything , more expensive than for a comparable service in london ,i just walk out .

The whole point of going on an overseas holiday is to really afford it ,ie everything should be cheaper than london prices .

Otherwise i might as well stay in london ,and as Jimmy correctly stated it is a Buyers market these days .

I have to disagree, if I punt abroad then I expect the prices to be lower than London.

What you have to remember is that when you travel long haul you will have daily expenses of around £80 a day before you think about punting--

On a 14 night holiday -----

Flight £500

Hotel £420

Food and drink £300 (probably more) ;)

I have to disagree, if I punt abroad then I expect the prices to be lower than London.

What you have to remember is that when you travel long haul you will have daily expenses of around £80 a day before you think about punting--

On a 14 night holiday -----

Flight £500

Hotel £420

Food and drink £300 (probably more) ;)

Yes ,sorry meant lower prices than london ,and much lower .

Yes ,sorry meant lower prices than london ,and much lower .

A long haul holiday for me ,wouldn't necessarily be about punting .

Landed in oz in may ,and the girls in sydney were out of this world .

But wgs ,were like (Knock on the door ,but you can't come in ) ,price wise compared to london ,so i didn't indulge ..

But really loved Sydney ,and melbourne

A long haul holiday for me ,wouldn't necessarily be about punting .Landed in oz in may ,and the girls in sydney were out of this world .

But wgs ,were like (Knock on the door ,but you can't come in ) ,price wise compared to london ,so i didn't indulge ..

But really loved Sydney ,and melbourne

I agree, during the last 12 months I have been to

Manila

Bangkok

Las Vegas

Hong Kong

Las Vegas was non-punting but I still enjoyed it. :D;)

Got a result on "last minute.com"

Flight to Bangkok and accomadation on soi 4 for 13 days £980

Will not stay in Bkk for long but will use service appartment there as my base as its in with the price.

Only bad part is 6 hour transfer in Dubai both outbound and inbound.

Roll on 24th Dec :D

Got a result on "last minute.com"

Flight to Bangkok and accomadation on soi 4 for 13 days £980

Will not stay in Bkk for long but will use service appartment there as my base as its in with the price.

Only bad part is 6 hour transfer in Dubai both outbound and inbound.

Roll on 24th Dec :D

Which hotel on Soi 4 ?????????

I agree, during the last 12 months I have been to

Manila

Bangkok

Las Vegas

Hong Kong

Las Vegas was non-punting but I still enjoyed it. :D;)

you must be getting some big tips in your cab this year:D

you must be getting some big tips in your cab this year:D

Not really, it's been one of my worst years.

I simply have very low outgoings, no mortgage, cab paid for and no ex-wife poncing from me. :D;)

Omni Tower service appartment Soi 4 Sukhumvit ,

Omni Tower service appartment Soi 4 Sukhumvit ,

Good location, I have stayed very near there, The Dawin, part of the Dynasty group. Minutes away from Nana Plaza. :confused:

Not stopped there before but it was all part of the deal, I normally also stay at Dynasty hotel if I stay around soi 4 not too keen on Nana hotel.

To be honest most places off Sukhumvit are fairly good, First visit to BKK in 1994. I stayed at Federal on soi 11 and have been back there many times still the same people who work there.

Good location, I have stayed very near there, The Dawin, part of the Dynasty group. Minutes away from Nana Plaza. :confused:

Hi Jim,

Im staying at the Dawin next week, I had a look around it in June and it seemed to tick my boxes, but didnt take too much notice as they just showed me 1 room, pool etc

A mate booked it and not sure if hes booked a superior or deluxe, the std room seems a bit small but what are the others like?