Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linford

Being On Time Bookings

22 posts in this topic

hi guys  and girls i enjoy punting and traveling as a hobby . i use the purple site a lot for punting.  i travel out of town a lot  for punting .  especially for in calls   i get frustrated sometimes when i make the time and effort to be on time for a  booking . i often made waiting  for the wg  on end of the street till she texts me to come up .  if it a area or road  i don,t know.  i feel  uncomfortable waiting  especially if it  isolated with no shops .  i am not one for texting especially i am dyslexic i prefer ring especially  if i made waiting 20mins  any ideas thanks  

Hi Liinford - not really sure what to suggest as this has only ever happened to me once. Being brutally honest - if it was 20 mins then the girl wasn't expecting you to turn up. If you use AW do you put in booking requests so that you can try and build up some positive feedback ? You say that you prefer speaking on the phone with an SP, once you have made the arrangements perhaps ending the call by reconfirming the time of the appointment "I will be around at 2pm" may get the message across that you will be there on time and expect the same.

I am always punctual for my meets and would never turn up 10 mins early, likewise I expect the SP to be ready as well.

Are you arriving at the agreed time, or 20 minutes early?

If you are being made to wait 20 minutes past the appointment time then that isn't on, and isn't professional - it's up to her to manage her time and her appointments correctly. If however you are arriving 20 minutes early I can understand she may not be ready and it's up to you to occupy yourself.

Nothing wrong with being early, in fact I prefer it to someone arriving late but I do ask clients to check with me that it's ok to come over. Have had one or two knocking on the door 20 minutes early without checking, and I'm just not ready or ignore the door(I rarely answer unless expecting someone) so they stand there like a lemon. Luckily this hasn't yet co-incided with the rare occasions when the gap between my bookings has gotten very narrow. I like at least a full hour, but should someone run late/overrun or I decide I can see someone with a shorter gap the margin can become reduced somewhat and I don't need people turning up at any other time!

Edited by Strawberry

Turning up 20 mins early is a bit silly but being asked to hang around for 10 mins is OK.

Next time you are in town with 10 mins to spare just take a look around at the number of folk just hanging around apparently aimlessly; they won't all be punters, I bet.

You feel conspicuous because you know what you are doing there and feel that you are conspicuous or that you stand out from the crowd.

If I have time to kill I walk around the block as though I am heading somewhere. Then I feel as though I fit in.

However I agree that some ladies' punctuality leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if us blokes got in the habit of walking after 5 mins the penny might drop.

hi guys  and girls i enjoy punting and traveling as a hobby . i use the purple site a lot for punting.  i travel out of town a lot  for punting .  especially for in calls   i get frustrated sometimes when i make the time and effort to be on time for a  booking . i often made waiting  for the wg  on end of the street till she texts me to come up .  if it a area or road  i don,t know.  i feel  uncomfortable waiting  especially if it  isolated with no shops .  i am not one for texting especially i am dyslexic i prefer ring especially  if i made waiting 20mins  any ideas thanks  

I drive so can sit in my car when this occurs, but perhaps buy a paper and read that. I am always early to arrive in the area of my punt as i allow for the unexpected so am well used to waiting, but i often ring or text the WG and say i am in the area and quite often its the case this has suited the WG who has asked me to come straight in. Its very important to me that my punts start at the time that was agreed not later, there is a reason i asked for that time.

However I agree that some ladies' punctuality leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if us blokes got in the habit of walking after 5 mins the penny might drop.

I think being asked to wait 5 or 10 mins is acceptable and actually happens reasonably frequently. If I am asked to wait for 15 mins or longer though (by someone I don't know and trust), I'll usually call it a day. If I can't trust a girl to be reasonably punctual (and hence professional), why should I trust her to give a good service?

If youre being made to wait that time then thats not good.All you can really do is either wait or walk.
If you're like me,and have little sense of direction you may end up frequently early due to allowing time for getting lost etc.In those cases i sometimes go for a wander,if theres a park nearby,go for a sit.Pop to the shop etc.Theres plenty of ways to occupy that amount of time.
As for feeling nervous or uncomfortable,thats only natural.You've very likely got a good dose of adrenaline running through your system that is going to make you feel allsorts.It's important to remember that no ones watching you,and most people dont care why you are in that area,most wont evven notice you.If you start getting twitchy however,thats when people do start to notice.Best advice i can think of is to just relax.

If youre being made to wait that time then thats not good.All you can really do is either wait or walk.

If you're like me,and have little sense of direction you may end up frequently early due to allowing time for getting lost etc.In those cases i sometimes go for a wander,if theres a park nearby,go for a sit.Pop to the shop etc.Theres plenty of ways to occupy that amount of time.

As for feeling nervous or uncomfortable,thats only natural.You've very likely got a good dose of adrenaline running through your system that is going to make you feel allsorts.It's important to remember that no ones watching you,and most people dont care why you are in that area,most wont evven notice you.If you start getting twitchy however,thats when people do start to notice.Best advice i can think of is to just relax.

I generally buy a newspaper and sit in the park under a tree to read it. That looks natural and unobtrusive.

Whatever you do don't go to the pub for some "Dutch Courage". That never goes down well.

Edited by porker paul

I always plan my trips and try to arrive early as I mostly travel to places i havent been or don't know.  This means I give myself extra time to find the place and judge how safe and comfortable I feel. I also always carry my kindle with me and if i am early I just find somewhere to have a read while listening to music.

If however I am asked to wait (which I have only a few times) then I don't mind so much but there is a limit. Anything up to around 10 minutes is ok but after that is pushing it.  For agencies thats a no no as that means it's not well run and as I book well in advance that shouldn't happen. For Indies this can sometimes happen and you have to base your decision on how well the SP communicated with you before hand. I wouldn't wait 20 minutes for an advanced booking with someone I have never met before. Last minute booking maybe.

Well a lot of other guys are not as punctual as you due to all kinds of things in life xx

If I arrive a bit too early, it is amazing how slowly the time goes by while I wait!!

I try and be early whenever possible....but sometimes shit happens (especially in London)...

I think being asked to wait 5 or 10 mins is acceptable and actually happens reasonably frequently. If I am asked to wait for 15 mins or longer though (by someone I don't know and trust), I'll usually call it a day. If I can't trust a girl to be reasonably punctual (and hence professional), why should I trust her to give a good service?

A very good point on the expectation of services and 5 - 10 minutes is my maximum too. 

This reminds me of a man who arrived very early but thankfully it was his first visit so did not have my exact building or flat number. He rang and I asked him to wait until nearer the agreed time..... if I was ready early then it would not have been a problem... but I wasn't.

To my surprise he had brought his dog with him in the car so told me he would take it for a walk. He wandered off with poochie  and lost track of time. He ended up being late!  At least he left his dog in the car.

Back to topic though.... I would never keep anyone waiting for more than a couple of minutes. 

This reminds me of a man who arrived very early but thankfully it was his first visit so did not have my exact building or flat number. He rang and I asked him to wait until nearer the agreed time..... if I was ready early then it would not have been a problem... but I wasn't.

To my surprise he had brought his dog with him in the car so told me he would take it for a walk. He wandered off with poochie  and lost track of time. He ended up being late!  At least he left his dog in the car.

Back to topic though.... I would never keep anyone waiting for more than a couple of minutes

I make no claim to be an animal/tree hugger but that is seriously stupid behaviour!! Animals can die in 30 minutes in a car.

I make no claim to be an animal/tree hugger but that is seriously stupid behaviour!! Animals can die in 30 minutes in a car.

Calm down Paul.  :)

It was winter time and the dog was fine.... plenty of air and no intense heat.

Do you think for a second I would have let the guy stay if I thought his dog was suffering in any way.

I use public transport in and around London and I always plan to arrive early. If I know there is a chance Im going to be late I text the girl as soon as possible to let her know.

When Im early I always text the girl to let her know I've arrived at her local station and tell her, Im going for a coffee, a walk round the block or going to look round the local shops. This further confirms the meeting and sometimes, only sometimes, you get to see the girl a little bit earlier.

Back to topic though.... I would never keep anyone waiting for more than a couple of minutes. 

My dog *sadly passed* was a huge part of my life, so much so most of my clients knew all about him via my blog and many was the time I had guys actually emailing asking to book Shadow along with his mistress so I took him with me on bookings.  Of course he never came into the bedroom though but often got walked by clients afterwards.  I also had clients that would bring their dogs along and leave them in the garden or kitchen with mine, I guess taking to dog for a walk is one of the better excuses to get away.

Back on topic.  I'm a stickler for being on time myself so didn't like it if a guy was late or early if being honest, but it happens so you have to try to work around it if you can.

Edited by Holly Maddison

Puntucallity is a two way street, I am paranoid about being late for anything and have been known to book into a hotel before flights or ferries (well always do) for fear of it.

Being late has a knock on effect on the other parties day and then onto those they have dealings with.

I think its very for the client/ sp to be on time as it just a show of coursesey

I always get to my meetings 10-15 mins early and send a text to say i have arrived - about 10% of the time i get a text back saying sorry can you wait 10-15 mins and then come up as I am in the shower!!!

I always arrive early,and window shop,walk in the park,then about 5minutes b4 booking, l text the lady and say be with u 2-3 minutes

Edited by djs4862