Recharge

6 Jailed Over Child Prostitution

5 posts in this topic

I saw the above headline on teletext news.

Six men have been jailed at Leicester Crown Court for using the services of a 16 year old who told them she was a prostitute. I find this confusing. Is the age of consent higher if a girl/woman wants to be a WG?

It was not clear from the brief write-up if the men were in a group or six individuals. The judge did describe the girl as being vulnerable but this was not elaborated on in the story. However, the headline leaves me with the perception that the offence was because she is/was 16. If the vulnerability was for some other reason when does it become an offence to have sex with a consenting adult?

Please note, I am only interested in 30+ year olds.

I think I'm right to say it is 18.

the age of consent for non-commercial sex is 16, but it's illegal to buy sex from somebody younger than 18.

the age of consent for non-commercial sex is 16, but it's illegal to buy sex from somebody younger than 18.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23896937

Think there was an element of controlling  / pimping here, so it was not as clear as the OP saw on teletext.

and one of em was an illegal.

I saw the above headline on teletext news.

Really?  Teletext?  Is that still going?  I am amazed ... you learn something new every day!

1 person likes this