Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlickWilly

Great News From Norway!

19 posts in this topic

Erna Solberg's Conservative party have just won (with their coalition partners) the recent Norwegian election! :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_parliamentary_election,_2013

As part of their manifesto, they will repeal their version of the insane and extremely dangerous Swedish model law which is highly anti sex worker! The reason for this is mainly it has been a massive failure leading only to more crimes and abuses being committed against sex workers!

It will not be a major priority as reform of their tax system (cutting taxes) and improving their healthcare system, probably with money from their share of Irish oil and gas reserves through Statoil (they currently stand to benefit more than irish people from these!)!

However, the Insane and highly dangerous Swedish Model Law will be repealed!

A victory for humanity and common sense against evil! :D

1 person likes this

Erna Solberg's Conservative party have just won (with their coalition partners) the recent Norwegian election! :P

As part of their manifesto, they will repeal their version of the insane and extremely dangerous Swedish model law which is highly anti sex worker! The reason for this is mainly it has been a massive failure leading only to more crimes and abuses being committed against sex workers!

It will not be a major priority as reform of their tax system (cutting taxes) and improving their healthcare system, probably with money from their share of Irish oil and gas reserves through Statoil (they currently stand to benefit more than irish people from these!)!

Great news. :)

Wonderful news for Norway but folks in Sweden will have to continue to shoot across the Oresund bridge to Denmark <_<

I've always said banning prostitution causes more problems than it solves

If that comes to fruition, that's great news and thanks for the info. 

I like the picture of Erna Solberg on that wikipedia link - she's got a cute face and a cheeky smile.

Yes, I Would.

Oops, this is a serious story, and I should be able to think of something intelligent to add, but can't except to say well done Norwegian voters for thinking for themselves , and cheers SlickWilly for the heads up.

I like the picture of Erna Solberg on that wikipedia link - she's got a cute face and a cheeky smile.

Yes, I Would.

Oops, this is a serious story, and I should be able to think of something intelligent to add, but can't except to say well done Norwegian voters for thinking for themselves , and cheers SlickWilly for the heads up.

That picture is well photoshoped, I have seen photos of her where she looks like she has the makings of a good dominatrix though! Which might be no bad thing to drive the repeal of that insanity through!

That's fantastic news! I'm a Conservative myself and I believe that maybe governments can justify interfering in the sex trade to protect young people and trafficked women, but it can not justify interference in the trade in commercial transactions of sex between 2 adult, consenting parties.

Loony left ultra feminist ideas such as criminalising the punter only drive the trade away from respectable establishments and into the hands of the traffickers and the criminals. I'm glad Norway is seeing sense, and hope the repeal of the Swedish model goes through sometime in the near future.

Good news indeed, but do they have a chance of being successful?

Good news indeed, but do they have a chance of being successful?

Repeal of this insane and inhuman law is not going to be a priority for this coalition, but it will happen within their tenure! Actually their main problem will be spending all their oil and gas money which is flowing in vast numbers due to Middle East instabilty!

Once one country in particular a sane rational one as Norway is has repealed then surely the game is up! Sweden can't do it as it would be admitting defeat!

It will also be a lovely one up the hole for Mad Hattie when she tries it again post GE 2015! :P

That's fantastic news! I'm a Conservative myself

Loony left ultra feminist ideas such as criminalising the punter only drive the trade away from respectable establishments and into the hands of the traffickers and the criminals.

Its not just the left,  tory scum such as philip holoborne, a few years ago, wanted to bring in a private members bill to criminalise punters.

Its not just the left,  tory scum such as philip holoborne, a few years ago, wanted to bring in a private members bill to criminalise punters.

And don't I know it! In the Netherlands the CDA, a party of right-wing Christian Conservative nutters who were the senior coalition partners from 2002-2010, and the junior coalition partners from 2010-2012, tried to use their power to undo the previous 40-50 years of Dutch tolerance and destroy the sex trade piece by piece. I hope their current unpopularity keeps them out of power for a long time to come. 

Harriet Harperson et al in the UK tried to use the Netherlands as an example of a country that had lost its patience with the sex trade, but all that had happened in reality was that in fear of Al-Qaeda and muslim extremists the Dutch people voted the CDA into power, and once the CDA had power they tried to force their false morality onto the nation.

No it won't.

Christian Democrats will hold the balance of power.

Oh this is wonderful news thanks for letting us know.

And in Sweden we see Norway as our little brother... apparently at the forefront of a sexual revolution. As usual though, we need to see the actual implementation of this before we rejoice.

But from what we know so far: Bra jobbat Norge!

But from what we know so far: Bra jobbat Norge!

My thoughts exactly.

The Norwegian Conservative Party Manifesto :
PAGE 77 : http://publikasjoner.hoyre.no/hoyre/163/
'Abolish the ban on the purchase of sexual services from persons over the age of 18 and upgrade the assistance services for prostitutes'

The Swedish model has been a disaterous failure only the Swedes are so welded to it they cannot admit it!

Edited by SlickWilly

The Norwegian Conservative Party Manifesto :

PAGE 77 : http://publikasjoner.hoyre.no/hoyre/163/

'Abolish the ban on the purchase of sexual services from persons over the age of 18 and upgrade the assistance services for prostitutes'

The Swedish model has been a disaterous failure only the Swedes are so welded to it they cannot admit it!

Yes that sounds great, but they did not get enough votes and need the support of the Christian Democrats!

The Christian Democrats was the first party to make the purchase of sexual services a criminal offence as a part of the program

http://www.pion-norge.no/pion/forum/threads.php?id=1003_0_50_0_C

The Christians have already had several victories:

** Norwegian schools will get a significant boost, and curriculum will include a course in Christianity, other religions, lifestyles and ethics.

** Alcohol policies will be retained (another compromise by the Progress Party, extracted by the Christian Democrats).

** There won’t be any oil drilling allowed around the sensitive Arctic area of Jan Mayen, nor will the new government move forward with oil and gas exploration off Lofoten and Vesterålen. Those were environmental promises extracted by the Christian Democrats and Venstre.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2013/10/01/new-government-defies-skeptics/

The new government will evaluate the ban. Sex worker Hege Grostad want to raise politicians' knowledge of sex work.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fnyheter%2Finnenriks%2Fartikkel.php%3Fartid%3D10126822

Sounds like I'll be seeing some of those lovely blondies next time I'm in Tromsø then.