Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedarkknightrises

How Long Do You Wait Before Realising She/he Is Not Coming.

25 posts in this topic

I prefer Outcall bookings ( usually evening times)  to the hotel I am staying at ( work means I stay at a lot of hotels ).

I have been stood up 4 times this year on a outcall booking. Twice at the last minute I received a text saying she had to cancel etc & the other 2 times heard nothing from the ladies in question.

I always give the full hotel address, phone number( mine & the hotel's), my name &  my room number so the SP can check I have booked & checked into the room.

I do my research beforehand & try & book a SP who has good feedback, reviews & seems reliable etc.

The 2 ladies who did not bother to get in touch at all have over 50 positive reviews on AW & some on this site......

I think I am doing everything right .... maybe I was just unlucky 

I give it 30 mins & if they don't get in touch or answer any texts,calls etc in that time I either make dinner arrangements ( I hate having a punt on a full stomach ) or if it's not too late try & see if I can fix another booking.

How long do you wait before realising you have been stood up? ..... open to both guys & girls.

About 20 minutes, then if I can't get hold of them I presume they're timewasters.

Sounds like you have been particularly unlucky but I've had this too, once a girl arriving a couple of hours later than arranged but she had kept me updated and another time complete no show. So I only ever do out calls now if there is a confirmed aw booking so at least I can give negative feedback if this happens without some apology / explanation - haven't needed to do it but I think it would be deserved in those circumstances

How long would I wait? I'd say if there was no message by an hour after the time it's a no show

I prefer Outcall bookings ( usually evening times)  to the hotel I am staying at ( work means I stay at a lot of hotels ).

I have been stood up 4 times this year on a outcall booking. Twice at the last minute I received a text saying she had to cancel etc & the other 2 times heard nothing from the ladies in question.

I always give the full hotel address, phone number( mine & the hotel's), my name &  my room number so the SP can check I have booked & checked into the room.

I do my research beforehand & try & book a SP who has good feedback, reviews & seems reliable etc.

The 2 ladies who did not bother to get in touch at all have over 50 positive reviews on AW & some on this site......

I think I am doing everything right .... maybe I was just unlucky 

I give it 30 mins & if they don't get in touch or answer any texts,calls etc in that time I either make dinner arrangements ( I hate having a punt on a full stomach ) or if it's not too late try & see if I can fix another booking.

How long do you wait before realising you have been stood up? ..... open to both guys & girls.

I only do Incalls nowadays but years ago i did Outcalls to my hotel room sometimes and was stood up a number of times, i waited half hour or so before trying to book another WG.

It's happened to me a couple of times, and both times I had a feeling it might happen as the comms were pretty flaky. In general if I've had no contact 20 minutes after the agreed time, I'll assume I'm being stood up.

Edited by hendrix

I reckon about 20 minutes without any communication means the date is off. If they keep me posted and I am not too tight for time I am prepared to wait a while longer.

After about 5 minutes of oral, digital fingering. :wacko:

About 20 minutes, then if I can't get hold of them I presume they're timewasters.

Sounds about correct.

I reckon about 20 minutes without any communication means the date is off. If they keep me posted and I am not too tight for time I am prepared to wait a while longer.

Agreed.

After about 5 minutes of oral, digital fingering. :wacko:

Cheeky  :)

I must be an impatient so and so.... if an in call visitor has not arrived or contacted me by 10 mins after the agreed time I get agitated. 

On the rare out calls I do..... I try to be exactly on time but if I get there even 5 mins late I feel guilty and am full of apologies.... but I will have texted or called  to say I am almost there and will be a few mins late.  

There is no problem at all if someone texts or phones to say they will be a little late but the few who just turn up late without an apology get a black mark in my book.

After 15 mins I will ring to see if they are lost.If I don't hear anything after 30 mins they are logged in my phone as a no show.

A text after 10 minutes late. if no reply after 15 minutes then they go into room 101 never to be seen again !

To be fair I don't get many guys booking and not appearing, your sixth sense seems to work perfectly, and there are times I really dont expect MrX to turn up to the point of not bothering to get ready/travel etc

If I feel he's not 100% sure he really wants to meet or I get the mpression he wont turn up, I'll save us both a lot of bother and cancel the meeting before problems occur.

I knew a chap that paid a lady in advance for an incall - waited outside a big block for 3 hours before giving up.

I once had an appointment with SexyNataly11 several hours after I was due to arrive in the UK.

The plane was severely delayed but I kept her informed, she waited for me and I went straight to her place, showered, shaved and cleaned myself there ready for a great booking, despite my nerves being in shreds.

A very kind, thoughtful, lady.

I once had an appointment with SexyNataly11 several hours after I was due to arrive in the UK.

The plane was severely delayed but I kept her informed, she waited for me and I went straight to her place, showered, shaved and cleaned myself there ready for a great booking, despite my nerves being in shreds.

A very kind, thoughtful, lady.

I think most ladies would be ok with it as long as you have a genuine reason, keep them informed and updated and as long as they have no-one else booked in immediately afterwards.

A text after 10 minutes late. if no reply after 15 minutes then they go into room 101 never to be seen again !

To be fair I don't get many guys booking and not appearing, your sixth sense seems to work perfectly, and there are times I really dont expect MrX to turn up to the point of not bothering to get ready/travel etc

If I feel he's not 100% sure he really wants to meet or I get the mpression he wont turn up, I'll save us both a lot of bother and cancel the meeting before problems occur.

Yep I get this and sometimes I'll pick it up in his questions or voice, and I have cancelled/turned a booking down on the basis I don't think he sounds genuine, or would be too nervous to go through with it. Certain phrases, turns of phrase, or ways of asking things alarm bells. Sometimes I've ignored the clues and 50% of the time they cancel, don't confirm remainder do so depends how much of a 'risk' I'm willing to take, which isn't much these days. 

Edited by Strawberry

I knew a chap that paid a lady in advance for an incall - waited outside a big block for 3 hours before giving up.

Ah ..that's just not nice :(

If I have an appointment with someone and they do not show after around  ten minutes and do not make contact, I find something else to do.  I do not contact them.  If they don't contact me, it's their loss long term and I am that little bit wiser.

Ah ..that's just not nice :(

If I have an appointment with someone and they do not show after around  ten minutes and do not make contact, I find something else to do.  I do not contact them.  If they don't contact me, it's their loss long term and I am that little bit wiser.

I know a guy that paid £300 in advance, booked a hotel in her area and travelled over 200 miles to get there just to receive a text message off her saying she had changed her mind. 

I know a guy that paid £300 in advance, booked a hotel in her area and travelled over 200 miles to get there just to receive a text message off her saying she had changed her mind. 

Shocking, a reason i would never pay in advance of the day, in my case i rarely know i fancy a punt until i wake up anyway so if i did book in advance i might not fancy a punt on the day agreed but would obviously punt anyway and it might not be as good as i wished due to me not being 100% up for it.

For this very reason, I would never pay for a booking in advance.

and why did you change your mind? :)

I seldom indulge in outcalls, and only ever with a regular with whom I have built up some level of trust. And I have never been disappointed by no-shows. Some lateness perhaps, but there has always been good communication.

and why did you change your mind? :)

My mind!!!!  Do you want a slap :angry:   I have NEVER let a guy down or behaved in this way.  This lady however retired for a while but is back so if anyone wants her details I have no qualms about passing them on...

*Holly sticks........... Her tongue out at Lancelot...* :o  :P

Edited by Holly Maddison

My mind!!!!  Do you want a slap :angry:   I have NEVER let a guy down or behaved in this way.  This lady however retired for a while but is back so if anyone wants her details I have no qualms about passing them on...

*Holly sticks........... Her tongue out at Lancelot...* :o  :P

As a matter of fact yes - I didn't know you do that

I have never booked outcalls, but for incalls I always call the lady before leaving my house (usually half an hour before our appointment, or less). For an outcall I would do the same, and then I would ask her to make my phone ring when she is close to my address. This has saved me some no-show for incalls, and some times when the lady had forgotten our booking, and had to reschedule it (maybe just half an hour later).