badmaash

Massage Parlour Licence?

8 posts in this topic

Hi

If I open up a beauty shop and in the shop want to offer massage then I have to get a licence + qualifications to do this.

If someone opens up a nuru/erotic massage shop, do you still need a licence?

Thanks

B

Yes ,   if it's a legal shop not a working flat , then you need a licence from the local council . They are covered by health and safety  .

Yes ,   if it's a legal shop not a working flat , then you need a licence from the local council . They are covered by health and safety  .

I thought that the council would have even wanted the body rub establishments to get a licence.........

Some local authorities require premises providing those services to have a Massage and Special Treatment licence from the local authority. Those in London are governed by the London Local Authorities Act 1991 (as amended).

I know the Chinese massage shops that offer happy endings etc do need a licencse from the Council.

You will probably need insurance as well, to make it seem legit.

Some local authorities require premises providing those services to have a Massage and Special Treatment licence from the local authority. Those in London are governed by the London Local Authorities Act 1991 (as amended).

Yeah, I was interested in the London area

I doubt a body rub provider will bother getting the licence though - it is probably more suitable for strip clubs - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukla/1991/13/section/20/enacted

Just an update on this:-

In Nottingham you can apply for two types of licences - a part body massage licence at £249 or a full body massage licence at £488.00!

For those of you of a masochistic disposition, the full details are in the attached link where you can spend a happy hour working your way through the application form.  

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/article/22311/Massage