Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mutinyonthecounty

Punting Out Of Boredom

26 posts in this topic

Because of my job - I work from home about 2-3 days a week - over the past 6 months or so I've found that my punting has increased from maybe 1-2 a month to sometimes 1-2 per week. I will sometimes have weeks off from punting, but these have become increasingly rare these days. The problem is I guess is that a lot of the time I am choosing to punt be because I'm bored working from home (and easily distracted too I think !!). I still have good punts and shuffle around a panel of 4 girls I see regularly - but the punts have lost their specialness and are almost wallpaper now as before they were something to look forward to and anticipate. I think the answer is to be more disciplined and tone it down a bit - or maybe get a new regular on my panel. I don't know - but would be interesting to see whether anyone else has come across the same thing. Incidentally - I've been punting for 30 years so maybe this is it now and how it feels.

1 person likes this

Because of my job - I work from home about 2-3 days a week - over the past 6 months or so I've found that my punting has increased from maybe 1-2 a month to sometimes 1-2 per week. I will sometimes have weeks off from punting, but these have become increasingly rare these days. The problem is I guess is that a lot of the time I am choosing to punt be because I'm bored working from home (and easily distracted too I think !!). I still have good punts and shuffle around a panel of 4 girls I see regularly - but the punts have lost their specialness and are almost wallpaper now as before they were something to look forward to and anticipate. I think the answer is to be more disciplined and tone it down a bit - or maybe get a new regular on my panel. I don't know - but would be interesting to see whether anyone else has come across the same thing. Incidentally - I've been punting for 30 years so maybe this is it now and how it feels.

In late 2010 i was becoming jaded when punting and even the sight of naked WGs wasnt of that much interest to me anymore, so i took 6 months off both punting and posting on here, i did actually punt a few times but from mid 2008 to late 2010 i was punting at least 3 times a week sometimes 5 most weeks. I had found the paradise of LMP Parties in mid 2008 so punted through them at least 3 times a week at 6 parties for a year when they were open. I needed a break, i returned with renewed enthusiasm, and i have also been punting for 30 years.

I would agree that once in a while you need to take a break from regular punting or it does just become - regular.

I'm kinda having a bit of a break this year having only punted once a month so far as opposed to about once a week in

previous years.  I think a lot of it was due to habit rather than the actual need for a punt. My bank balance is healthier too !

I think it can become easy to do something 'just because I can', you miss the original reason and the gloss is rubbed off. Good point for a break and rethink.

If you have been punting for 30 years and it didnt become wallpaper and only recently you have upped the number of punts you have and it has become wallpaper then the obvious answer would be to reduced the number at least for a while as the frequency seems to be the only thing that has changed, I doubt after all this time it would become "just the way it is now" without another factor involved.

Oddly for me,i don't mean this in a silly sense but get a hobby.If your increase is down to sheer boredon them find something else to do with that extra time and go back to your old frequency.If its more than just boredom then maybe take Smiths advice and take a break for a while.Also agree with Chloe about another factor being involved.I don't know your situation,ie living with others but could it be possible that you are punting more as a way to make up for a lack of human contact?

In the OP's situation I would cut down on the frequency and look for new ladies to visit. Sometimes too much of the "same old" can be boring. You need to spice up your punts in some way.

I have found myself punting in the past, basically because I could!!.

I now predominantly stick to a regular (allow I do stray occasionally :D !), and have got that down to maybe twice a month. 

I also now set myself little jobs or tasks to complete - before I treat myself to a punt. These are normally jobs around the house or garden: decorate the spare bedroom, do a full spring clean of the house etc etc.

Maybe setting yourself a goal / target, prior to punting could help?? ;)

Thanks guys - some really good points raised. I will definitely reduce the punting over the next few months - I think this is the key to it and will hopefully come back with renewed enthusiasm !!

I think I will also take the advice of cracking on with a few jobs which I have bee putting off as well, and put a bit more into my job perhaps too. On the human contact front that is an interesting point as once my wife has gone to walk and I've took my boy to school I have the rest of the day to myself to spend in whatever way I see fit (work allowing of course), so a bit more discipline around my day would not go a miss.

This describes my situation almost down to a "t"; exactly the same cause and effect, save that I've been working from home for longer -- a few years now -- and have thus become even more bored with punting than you have. The reality is that the more you punt, the more it become evident that it doesn't offer much outside of an immediate physical release so if you want something more than that, it becomes a problem. When you punt occasionally, there's an excitement factor which makes the experience more than but when you punt regularly, it's hard not to avoid seeing the industry for what it is which, in reality, isn't much to write home about (in my opinion, obviously). Good luck finding an answer to the problem. Indeed, if you do find one let me know.

1 person likes this

I have a 3 hour slot each week in st albans - have the dough and opportunity - yet rarely now do it. I find myself thinking beforehand about the punt - what it is likely to entail - and for the 100 it costs me I find myself preferring to spend that time to myself - walking - reading - posting to this board on my laptop. I go throught the aw listings the night before and nothing seems to take my fancy. I suppose that those 3 hours I spend on my own are not sufficiently boring to make me want to spend a ton on an experience I have had dozens of times already.

In getting on for 30 years, I have punted because:

I am bored

I am stressed

I'm horny

I've been successful

I've had a shit week

I can

and many others. Punting can seem a way of life and a panacea sometimes, probably because it's addictive. Good luck, Mutiny

1 person likes this

Quit complaining and be thankful you can afford it!! :P

1 person likes this

No one is complaining. Certainly not me. Why would I complain at the loss of interest in a pointless pursuit the result of which is an extra 100 pounds plus in my pocket every week. I said I had lost my mojo for punting. Not that I was upset that was the case. Quite the reverse, in fact.

1 person likes this

I can relate Mutiny.

I'm having a high punt year. This has not led to boredom yet, but a few are less special than before. For me the change is opportunity ... I used to never have opportunity. Now I can rearrange things quite effectively and so punt way more often. Like willbred, there are so many reasons possible, there is always a reason. I think I need to plan a limit.

Thanks for helping me reflect on this.

partylover, I am not complaining - not think any posters were - just reflecting, and trying to be in control.

partylover, I am not complaining - not think any posters were -

I was just playfully teasing at the OP. I mean come on.....to come on a punting forum with a "boo hoo, I am punting too much" thread :lol:

Either do like smiths did and take a break, or man up and get stuck in :lol:

It's just a bit silly when people seem to want sympathy for choosing to have too much of a good thing. Some far more grateful people would love to have the chance :P

Edited by partylover

When I left university, I suddenly found myself working an office full of really old people; in their 40' and 50's they were!. One of them was a Polish Jew who had escped the camps and come to Britain; talking to him opened up a whole new world. But the most stunning and shocking thing he ever said to me was "that sooner or later, sex with the same person becomes boring".

I was in my early 20's and had not had enough sex with all partners combined to have even suspected this diabolical truth, though years later I found it was true.

That said, there comes a time where one WG can begin to looks pretty much like another. 2013 has not not been a vintage year for me so far, but on the basis that if you kiss enough frogs then you finally find a princess, I am throbbing with anticipation as to my appointment at 4pm today; first time appointment and she looks sooo nice on here website...but they generaly do :unsure: . Incidentally, I now dream of working (and even fornicating) with people in their 40's and 50's :(.

When I left university, I suddenly found myself working an office full of really old people; in their 40' and 50's they were!. One of them was a Polish Jew who had escped the camps and come to Britain; talking to him opened up a whole new world. But the most stunning and shocking thing he ever said to me was "that sooner or later, sex with the same person becomes boring".

I was in my early 20's and had not had enough sex with all partners combined to have even suspected this diabolical truth, though years later I found it was true.

That said, there comes a time where one WG can begin to looks pretty much like another. 2013 has not not been a vintage year for me so far, but on the basis that if you kiss enough frogs then you finally find a princess, I am throbbing with anticipation as to my appointment at 4pm today; first time appointment and she looks sooo nice on here website...but they generaly do :unsure: . Incidentally, I now dream of working (and even fornicating) with people in their 40's and 50's :(.

That is shit luck - many people meet their partners through work - you ought to apply for jobs that put you in with a chance of crumpet

That is shit luck - many people meet their partners through work - you ought to apply for jobs that put you in with a chance of crumpet

I met my ex through work - and would advise people to be hesitant regards this, and to consider all the pro's and cons of this way of meeting people. Since we split, I have had no end of grief - of people who fancy my ex, and her now current fella.

I dont really understand why, as the split was amicable. But there nowt as queer as folk <_<

I met my ex through work - and would advise people to be hesitant regards this, and to consider all the pro's and cons of this way of meeting people. Since we split, I have had no end of grief - of people who fancy my ex, and her now current fella.

I dont really understand why, as the split was amicable. But there nowt as queer as folk <_<

Try telling that to a guy who has never had a girl of his own

Sorry as I have already posted this quote in another thread but an old Irish guy I worked with back in the 70's had another way of putting the same thing - "If you keep wiping your feet on the same old doormat you'll eventually wear out the Welcome"  :D

And I met my ex-wife at work.  If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be where I am now (sarcasm mode engaged) 

One problem with punting is that of "timing". For one thing, I'm at my peak ( :) ) in the wee hours of the morning and I know of few WGs working such hours; what ever happened to the "Ladies of the Night"???. Then there's the other factor that even if you book just one day in advance, the mood may have waned by the time of the appointment as all kinds of work/domestic excrement may have landed in the meantime. Whatever the reason, I too am finding that punts aint wot they used to be.

Maybe somebody like a sports psychologist could help?

Those above who have said "take a break" have got it right.

Like the OP I have punted out of boredom or because the opportunity arose (e.g. going to London to meet some friends, so why not set off early and have a punt because I'm there anyway).

The unsurprising conclusion is that a punt is only really satisfying if you really want a punt.

Take time out, save some money and return refreshed.

Combating boredom is behind much that we do, perhaps.

The critic, William Empson, once told a friend that, when lying awake at night, mental arithmetic was a perfectly good alternative to wanking. Anything that distracts us from the present...