m0unty

Start Arranging Now Or Wait?

13 posts in this topic

In browsing a lot of WG websites it seems a lot of them prefer to do scheduling via phone call or sms. Living across the pond, my dialing code is +1, not +44; and when I do finally arrive on your fair shores, it'll be without my SIM card (I'll just grab a local PAYG for the duration of my trip), so using my current phone number to make arrangements won't work when I need to confirm later. Should I start sending out emails now explaining myself or just wait until I get a local phone number? I'll have about three or four days between when I fly in and when I plan to take the plunge. Is that (generally) enough lead time to secure a spot on a WG's calendar? Obviously some are more busy than others, I realize, but I don't know what a WG considers "busy."

In browsing a lot of WG websites it seems a lot of them prefer to do scheduling via phone call or sms. Living across the pond, my dialing code is +1, not +44; and when I do finally arrive on your fair shores, it'll be without my SIM card (I'll just grab a local PAYG for the duration of my trip), so using my current phone number to make arrangements won't work when I need to confirm later. Should I start sending out emails now explaining myself or just wait until I get a local phone number? I'll have about three or four days between when I fly in and when I plan to take the plunge. Is that (generally) enough lead time to secure a spot on a WG's calendar? Obviously some are more busy than others, I realize, but I don't know what a WG considers "busy."

It all depends on the ladies you are interested in seeing and how they work. If you already have a short list just send out some emails asking how their availability is around the time you will be here and how much notice they usually need. x

I usually book my punts via email about a week in advance. The standard modus operandi is to treat this as a provisional booking and to confirm by phone on the day. If the lady you are booking is reasonably professional, this method works fine. Some girls will only take bookings by phone on the day, but I tend to avoid this as I like to know for sure who I am seeing, when.

I'd send a few emails out and see what sort of response you get.

Edited by Kantos Kan
1 person likes this

It all depends on the ladies you are interested in seeing and how they work. If you already have a short list just send out some emails asking how their availability is around the time you will be here and how much notice they usually need. x

This approach will also tell you which ones are interested and capable of responding to a simple query.  Some aren't.

I agree with KK and BC. Send the mails when it suits you, and explain your situation.The best ladies will be able to e-mail you back and make provisional arrangements I'm sure. Those who cannot cope with such a scenario are not worth wasting time on.

I agree with KK and BC. Send the mails when it suits you, and explain your situation.The best ladies will be able to e-mail you back and make provisional arrangements I'm sure. Those who cannot cope with such a scenario are not worth wasting time on.

what he said

I usually book my punts via email about a week in advance. 

Same here.  Only ever had one problem so far with a mix up over the booking but otherwise been fine.  Personally I trust it far more than making a booking over the phone although i always phone on the day itself to confirm, and also so that she can hear my voice

This approach will also tell you which ones are interested and capable of responding to a simple query.  Some aren't.

Sounds good. Does this advice hold true for parlors, too?

This is true, its also true though that some are not capable of sending a simple query email and making it legible. OP...make it to the point and polite. 

Had a guy yesterday call and demand if i had replied to his email..i asked him when he sent it..he said July..the answer to that then would be either yes or hell no. x

(did he forget he had sent it?)

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Yes. Parlors are even more same day. Call them when you get here.

Generally speaking parlours (note the spelling!! :P ) will take same day appointments. Back in the day when I used them I used to turn up without phoning ahead, but that was in the days before the interweb! A quick call to the relevant establishment should clarify that.

I hope you enjoy your trip over the pond.

Some parlours accept advance bookings and some only take them on the day. When I used to use Cloud 9 down in Surrey, they would publish their schedule for the week on the Sunday night and take bookings for the whole week by phone from then on. Again, bookings were provisional and a confirmation on the day was required. I believe HoD do something similar.

If it's not clear from the parlour website, phone up and ask.

Always remember it's going to cost her extra to text you on a foreign mobile, in or out of the country.

My advice is email first, then phone to confirm from a UK number when in the country.