BadHobbit

Rooms By The Hour

13 posts in this topic

Hi.  I've recently been contacted by a lady I knew (very much in the Biblical sense) some years ago, and we've agreed to meet up again in London, as she lives in Essex and I in Hampshire.  The trouble is, I'm now married and have no excuse to stay out overnight in London - home is less than an hour away.  If possible, I'd like to book a hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon or early evening.  Has anyone done this, and if so, where could you recommend, and are there any things to be aware of?  I'd like somewhere clean and pleasant but not too pricey, not too far from mainline railway stations.

Why not ask the lady to book a hotel, then after your visit she has until departure time to take other bookings to cover her costs and turn a profit.

Why not ask the lady to book a hotel, then after your visit she has until departure time to take other bookings to cover her costs and turn a profit.

It is not at all clear from the original post that the lady is a WG so that suggestion may not be feasible.  Jasmine's link offer the better bet.

You could book a Travel lodge or any other similar hotel. Turn up and check in at noon or soon after. They won't care what time you check out, even if it's just after 3.00.p m.

You could book a Travel lodge or any other similar hotel. Turn up and check in at noon or soon after. They won't care what time you check out, even if it's just after 3.00.p m.

Beware, if you want to check in before the standard time of 15:00, you have to pre-advise by phone and pay a £10 fee,

It is not at all clear from the original post that the lady is a WG so that suggestion may not be feasible.  Jasmine's link offer the better bet.

If that's so then why post it on a prostitution forum...that makes it off topic

There are quite a few Ibis hotels in my area, and they have a check in time of noon which is good. I also believe it's possible to book a day room with them as well, although I've not seen that option on their website.

Booking through Hotels.com is worth doing as they have a loyalty scheme where you get a free night when you have 10 points. Only 2 to go before my freebie ;)

Edited by Burty

Just check the Metro.Theyve normally got a few short stay/afternoon booking hotels advertised

Thanks folks for the very helpful (and very swift) advice and feedback.  I'll follow it up.  BTW, the lady is/was a WG, but she doesn't work London so she probably has no better idea there than I do.

Hi.  I've recently been contacted by a lady I knew (very much in the Biblical sense) some years ago, and we've agreed to meet up again in London, as she lives in Essex and I in Hampshire.  The trouble is, I'm now married and have no excuse to stay out overnight in London - home is less than an hour away.  If possible, I'd like to book a hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon or early evening.  Has anyone done this, and if so, where could you recommend, and are there any things to be aware of?  I'd like somewhere clean and pleasant but not too pricey, not too far from mainline railway stations.

My advice is if you cant get a decent day rate price and i have found 9-5 mentioned above as expensive as many hotels 24 hour rates, try Trivago and Late Rooms, i have many times had good deals through them, and just book a normal 24 hour rate room which you can check into between 2-3pm mainly and just leave when your ready to. As long as i had paid in full they have never cared when i booked out, its none of their business anyway of course.

With Travelodge which isnt listed on the above sites they are usually only cheap when booked well in advance in my experience.

Lots of hotels offer day rooms - just narrow it down to two or three, and phone up. No need to pay the all night rate in my experience. Also, quite a few excorts let out their place for others to use, with fees between £30 and £50/hour.