Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoBob

Newbie Reviewer Feeling A Bit Pissed Off

19 posts in this topic

Having been a user of this site for many years, I was persuaded (by Galahad in the Chat Room) to submit a review. The review was rejected, no doubt for excellent reasons. I am alway happy to accept constructive criticism, but there seems to be no way for me to find out why my review was rejected.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask for help with this, but there are no links at all on the reviewer pages to get help.

Cheers.

Having been a user of this site for many years, I was persuaded (by Galahad in the Chat Room) to submit a review. The review was rejected, no doubt for excellent reasons. I am alway happy to accept constructive criticism, but there seems to be no way for me to find out why my review was rejected.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask for help with this, but there are no links at all on the reviewer pages to get help.

Cheers.

My advice is to PM Galahad and ask him, he is the only person that could answer this.

Can you not pm Galahad?

Well yes I could, but I would have expected the process for accepting and rejecting reviews to be in the public domain.

It could be as simple as the person you reviewed is on the 'not to be reviewed' list.Or maybe as he has just given punternet a facelift the terms and conditions type thingy is currently lacking. I am sure all will be revealed if you just pm and ask.

It could be as simple as the person you reviewed is on the 'not to be reviewed' list.

Where do I find the 'not to be reviewed' list?

You can't see it, its private as far as I know. 

Cheers.

As smiths said, PM Galahad. It could be a technical reason or perhaps you didn't complete the required fields? Who knows?

I'm sure that he will.

I doubt - in fact I am certain - that G does not want to be bothered by everyone with rejected FRs asking why.

The best info is the advice given in the FR submission section that explains why reports may be rejected 

BUT

I am not posting to be negative.

First thing I would do is log in and click on the My Account tab, you should be able to see your previously submitted FRs.

I have a group of rejected FRs and the reason is shown. Usually they have been because SP/parlour is on no report list or I lost track of how many FRs I had done on the same place within 3 months.

Once logged in, no need to actually write an FR of course.

Second, if that does not help, it seems to me that if G has personally encouraged you to submit an FR that you are in a better position than most to try asking him. I would begin with the fact that he encouraged you to submit an FR.

This may not work but it is an advantage you have over the hundreds of us who have rejected FRs.

Edited by vivluvsme
2 people like this

I did ask Galahad and he reported that it was the result of a technical problem that is now fixed. So newbie reviewer is no longer pissed off.

I did ask Galahad and he reported that it was the result of a technical problem that is now fixed. So newbie reviewer is no longer pissed off.

I love a happy ending ;):D

It could be as simple as the person you reviewed is on the 'not to be reviewed' list.Or maybe as he has just given punternet a facelift the terms and conditions type thingy is currently lacking. I am sure all will be revealed if you just pm and ask.

G says that individual reasons cannot be entered into as rejected reviews are not kept. This sounds reasonable.

I too have had older and newer reports rejected as being on the no reports list.

The Ladies in question are not on this list, have nevere heard of it and there seems to be no feedback.

I too have had older and newer reports rejected as being on the no reports list.

The Ladies in question are not on this list, have nevere heard of it and there seems to be no feedback.

Is it possible that you made a reference to a profile on a certain other site? That would cause automatic rejection.

I stopped doing reviews ages ago - and from the number of reviews published here it seems the numbers dwindel all the time.

My big beef is not with p/n - but with AW - i spent 30 minutes doing a FR there and after submitting it just never appeared - i assume rejected without any reason so i thought - well sod that I'm not wasting any more time with this.

I thought that if you submitted a review to AW it was automatically published but that it was up to the lady as to whether or not she attached it to her profile.

I submitted a review that the lady did not attach but when I searched for reviews under her name I found it.

Perhaps one of the ladies can offer clarification?

Is it possible that you made a reference to a profile on a certain other site? That would cause automatic rejection.

Not guilty, your honor. Have just looked (keep them) and the report didn't say anything about the other site.

Guilty, your honor of not reading and understanding the T&Cs of this and most other sites! I suspect I'm not alone in this?

Could the wording behind 'no reports list' be clarified, please? I had one report rejected that was for a Lady who I know that I was her first client ever and who can't possibly be on aforementioned list, yet it was rejected.

Thanks for the reply above.

If AW think an FR is dodgy they won't publish it in theory, but I've never seen any evidence at all of them applying any moderation to either that or the feedback so I doubt it's disappeared and it's more likely that the lady hasn't ticked it on her profile (either because it's unflattering or simply because she doesn't know how - the tickbox is hidden away in the profile editor).

You can search for FRs from the homepage and this shows up all of them whether the SP has decided to show them or not. Some of the negative ones are even better than the ones here :lol:.

I love a happy ending ;):D

Me too :D

I think its fair to say we all do :)