Coventrypunter

Tippling Errus Whyle Beeng Wotched

7 posts in this topic

I have noticed at work most people lose their ability to type accurately while someone is looking over their shoulder.

is this general, and why is that?

I have noticed at work most people lose their ability to type accurately while someone is looking over their shoulder.

Interesting - I've never noticed that.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

Maybe it's something to do with changing your typing position?  I know that when I'm trying to type something with someone else, I move round slightly to give them a better view of the screen - and that different position really throws off my ability to type.

They're probably desperately trying to hide that open PN window before you get too close to examine their preferences.

When I first saw this thread in the "Recent Topics" bit  (where the font is slightly smaller) I thought it said "Tipping Emus etc" and I was hoping for some extraordinary new speciality.

Never mind.

I can't type properly to save my life so I don't have any smart answers.

Sorry.

:)

It just called self conscious. When you have to do something with someone watching you then you are more likely to mess up. I can walk in a straight line in the highest of heels but if I had to actually do it with someone watching me deliberatley I would trip right over on my face. I can dance quite well but when in public I cant even do the tiniest wiggle..sod public...if there is even one person watching. I guess we all have it but at different levels, I so envy the people who only have the tiniest dose as I have a huge wedge of it.

Those of us who touch type will know that you only have to place your fingers one key along from where they should be to make absolute

gobbledigook. 

I once sent a memo at work which referred to the salaries of staff.

"Mr Graham has once again queried his earrings"

It was quite a time before I lived that one down.

:unsure:

1 person likes this