wanderlust

What would you miss?

13 posts in this topic

Quotes from Belle de Jour / Brooke Magnanti in today's Telegraph:

"Like very many other jobs, you do turn on an aspect of your personality," she said. "It isn't that Belle wasn't me - Belle is the more confident part of me."

"I miss the moment when you walk into a hotel, and get that feeling of 'I'm about to do a job and I'm about to do it well," she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6657366/Brooke-Magnanti-aka-call-girl-Belle-de-Jour-misses-being-a-prostitute.html

Mad Hattie & Poppy must really love her saying things like this...... But, that asides, what would you miss if you packed in?

Sex obviously as it's a desert at home, and all the wonderful ladies I have met.

"Like very many other jobs, you do turn on an aspect of your personality," she said. "It isn't that Belle wasn't me - Belle is the more confident part of me."

"I miss the moment when you walk into a hotel, and get that feeling of 'I'm about to do a job and I'm about to do it well," she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6657366/Brooke-Magnanti-aka-call-girl-Belle-de-Jour-misses-being-a-prostitute.html

Mad Hattie & Poppy must really love her saying things like this...... But, that asides, what would you miss if you packed in?

I can understand that. I would miss the rush of walking into a hotel and sashaying past the concierge. (My heart still thumps when I'm headed for the lifts.) I'd also miss the mystery of knocking on the hotel room door and the nail biting couple of seconds until the door opens.

I'd miss the clients who give me a back breaking hug and say a simple "thank you". I'd miss the clients who aren't afraid to have a food/pillow fight at 3am.

I'd miss the clients that have been with me for years and pick up pressies for my cats when they're on business abroad. :eek:

Most of all, I'd miss the ladies, the memories in the making and the real laughs we have on tour.

what a lovely post Laura almost a poem :eek:

I'd miss the cash.

And a bit less venal, but still selfish...the anecdotes, the variety of stuff I suck out of my clients' heads. The emails and the postcards I get from my regulars - but I'd still get them as and when I "retire".

One chap doing something interesting in Iraq, and emailed me a whole series of pics of him a while back sitting looking happy on Saddam's thrones in various palaces, client wearing full body armour with guns. I found this hilarious, given that when in London for R&R, I introduced him to fish and chips and recommended places for him to buy speciality teas.

The high after a good job, and going to lots of places I'd never have seen otherwise.

I miss the adrenaline rush of waiting for that person to arrive, whether they have just buzzed and they are on there way up or if they have just called to let me know they are on there way. I also miss the freedom I had when I done the job, working 3 jobs a day and having every evening and rest of the day to myself.

........the anecdotes, the variety of stuff I suck out of my clients' heads.........

Works both ways----- I'd miss the stories girls tell me too.

I'd miss the thrill of it all, especially that heart stopping moment when the girl slips my money into the tea caddy when she thinks i'm not looking.

I would say the money firstly followed by the lovely gentlemen I see that teach me so many new things and also the girls I love working at a parlour because I have loads of laughs and fun with the girls and get to chat about things i couldnt in a normal jobs.

Oh & I get to have baths with Danni he he.

SEX, and meeting girls from so many different parts of the world.

I've been out of action for almost a year now and theres a hell of a lot I'm missing, guess thats why I still go on the forums. I miss the sex obviously and the intimacy that I had with some clients, but most of all I miss the fun aspect.

I don't miss that feeling of terror (some call it excitment) as I'm waiting for a new client though.

Works both ways----- I'd miss the stories girls tell me too.

Me too. That's one big plus in seeing a girl more than once, the conversation improves.;)

Other than the money and the free time to fit in many other things around it, I would miss the stories my clients tell, those small things they teach me and the great advice my trusted regulars give. Oh and their sympathy when I fall or hurt myself in their company... my friends are all too used to it to bother.