Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MichaelWilkinson

Indies V Agency Girls

23 posts in this topic

Do you tend to get a different sort of experience depending on whether you book an agency girl or an indie? I've only booked agency girls so far, so maybe I'm missing a trick.

I have little experience with agency girls, but I've seen a girl who started out as an indie and went on to work for an agency. She was extremely popular and had great reviews on the agency sites, but I continued seeing her as an indie. The only differences being a) I paid less than agency rates and b.) she actually earned more as she wasn't paying agency commission...

I'd say there's little to no difference between a good indie and an agency girl, apart from the fact the indie is likely to cost less, and you may also benefit from a little extra time now and again which I'd imagine is less likely with an agency girl.

Edited by Burty

Why should there be a difference?

At the least, I've never thought that agency girls were "better" than indie girls or vice versa.

I have little experience with agency girls, but I've seen a girl who started out as an indie and went on to work for an agency. She was extremely popular and had great reviews on the agency sites, but I continued seeing her as an indie. The only differences being a) I paid less than agency rates and b.) she actually earned more as she wasn't paying agency commission...

I'd say there's little to no difference between a good indie and an agency girl, apart from the fact the indie is likely to cost less, and you may also benefit from a little extra time now and again which I'd imagine is less likely with an agency girl.

I've haven't noticed any difference between the two, in terms of how they deliver the service. I enjoy both and they're equally professional. 

For indies, I'd say that I probably feel mentally more relaxed, knowing that with an indie there are less people around. It's also possible to be a bit more flexible with time with an indie and pay for extra time. This is a major plus point for me.The major disadvantage with a freelancer, or indie, is that there's no right of reply in the event of a poor service. A major disadvantage.

With parlours/brothers, I can do them on a more spur of the moment basis. I also get to see who I'm going to punt and will have options. This is good for the punter because I can get a feeling for their 'working personality'. That is, who I have a 'good feeling for'. With an indie, I'd either have to go through with it, walk away or employ a Plan B. The only thing is that I'm more conscious of time and there's often no flexibility to extend. The main advantage I'd like to stress with a parlour/brothel, is that the reputable ones do afford the punter a right of reply in the event of a bad service. This is a major plus point for me and I certainly know that the decent establishments will get rid of girls who don't provide a good service because to keep them is bad for business.

So for me, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by drzhivago

Do you tend to get a different sort of experience depending on whether you book an agency girl or an indie? I've only booked agency girls so far, so maybe I'm missing a trick.

Apart from at a couple of sex party providers now gone my worst punting experiences were through Agencies years ago. I would no longer ever consider punting through an Agency, in London at least they charge far too much for my liking as well anyway. I view Agencies as outfits that just push the price punters pay up. Unlike a Parlour which always provides a WGs premises to work out of many Agencies dont offer the premises yet the cut the WG agrees to pay is often the same if not higher, that just gets passed on to punters of course.

So Indies, Parties and Parlours only for me.

1 person likes this

I spent the first 4 years with an agency and the rest as indie.  My work ethic has remained exactly the same throughout..... but that could be down to me being quite hooked on this game from day one until now.

A couple of downsides to being tied with an agency were.... constantly being aware not to over run on time or the agent may think a private deal is going on... which it never was.  Also the pressure to be be ready and waiting constantly for very short notice bookings.  I always had my own in call place though so never worried about other girls or their clients being around which I know is a problem for some men and girls.

As independent it is so much more relaxing.  On any given day I can decide to start at whatever time I feel like.... unless there is a pre-booked meeting in my diary. With an agency if I gave my availability hours I had to stick to those rigidly otherwise again if I decided to take some time off and altered my hours then it could be construed as playing about doing private deals............. which I never did.

All in all I can say in my own experience being independent is much better for the constitution and of course rewarding in that all fees go to me.  ;)

Sadly though I have read comments in the past which indicated that many folk and the ladies themselves regard agency girls as somewhat lower on the echelon scale. This is so wrong.  

Everyone will have their own experiences and stories.... some guys won't touch agencies with a barge pole... and not because of the girls so much... more because of the set up of those agencies and who may be behind the scenes.  The independent lists will probably have their fair share of bad providers but the whole business is hit and miss and by it's very nature... meeting up with total strangers.... every new venture is a gamble.  Do your homework by all means but it is no guarantee your instincts will be right.... or wrong!

3 people like this

Hi there,

i have been both indie and agency, and I would say to you that the difference between the two is communication before - you communicate with your indie directly.  The other difference is the time.  Indies are masters of their own timekeeping.

Sadly though I have read comments in the past which indicated that many folk and the ladies themselves regard agency girls as somewhat lower on the echelon scale. This is so wrong.  

I have noticed a perception amongst some people of an unofficial 'pecking order'. The women who class themselves as Courtesans or Companions, look down on the Indies, who look down on the parlours, who look down on the street girls. I've never understood this, as it's all sex related work, the main difference being the particular place of work and the comforts or lack of, that go with each.

1 person likes this

Why should there be a difference?

At the least, I've never thought that agency girls were "better" than indie girls or vice versa.

I agree with this.

And, generally, I've met with Independent Girls after I have already met them in the past while booking through an Agency, as girls frequently start through an Agency and then build their own client base up to be Independents.

The only thing I would say is that because of that, Indies might often be more experienced than some Agency girls but then that is not always the case -  if a girl is loyal to an Agency or a girl is confident enough to start off immediately as an Indie.

I have noticed a perception amongst some people of an unofficial 'pecking order'. The women who class themselves as Courtesans or Companions, look down on the Indies, who look down on the parlours, who look down on the street girls. I've never understood this, as it's all sex related work, the main difference being the particular place of work and the comforts or lack of, that go with each.

I have no idea why some look down on others. Often the case is that if a girl is completely honest about her working history she has worked in several different ways before she has finally put the "cortisone" ticket on herself. I have the word "elite" in my banner, thats the only place I have it though as you are limited space wise, its not on my website or aw profile. I dont see myself as better than other girls, Im just trying to get across that I offer a good service and that I have a nice apartment. 

I think all this snobbery is just ridiculous. We are all putting out, there are girls in parlours with degrees who speak several languages and can debate in all of them the politics/finances of several countries as good as any of the guys who are booking them, they are not" just parlour girls", they are worldly wise and often their own personal business but they are not stuck up, they are just girls like the rest and thats how they see themselves, why someone thinks she can proclaim she is better than the rest just because she sticks a higher price ticket on herself is still beyond me. My personal opinion is that they are not entirely comfortable with the fact that they are a prostitute so they try to separate from the rest, attempt to persuade everyone that there is something different/special about them...really they are just trying to convince themselves. 

If this definition of a courtesan is to be believed half the street girls of central london are really courtesans if they  hang around in the right area and have a lot of very rich or high class clients paying for a quickie..

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist255-s01/courtesans/defining-the-courtesan.htm

or you are a kept woman with several benefactors. I dont think sitting in your nice flat and knocking it out by the hour really qualifies, perhaps I am wrong. If anything its the girls who manage to get their clients to pay for their bills, rent, boob jobs, holidays, cars, school fees etc who are the modern day courtesans and probably dont even realise it.

I think the difference between and Indie and a girl who works in a parlour is simply seen at the beginning and ending of the booking and its not down to the girl herself but the working set up. An indie has more freedom with her time. As already stated, she can wander over the time limit if she wants too, you cant do that in a parlour, you have to be walking out of the room bang on the hour. At the beginning there is the freedom to chit chat a little first, maybe have a coffee in the lounge etc or a long shower together or even a long bath, this is difficult in a parlour setting for obvious reasons, guys can book to have a bath and of course you can share a shower but whilst in there you know there is a girl waiting in the lounge to shower before her next client so again, its a short sharp shower you have.

Within the actual booking though a girl will either be good or bad regardless of indie parlour or agency. I am less harassed in my own head though personally working for myself because as Lynn already stated, when you tell an agency you will work on such and such days and you simply wake up that morning feeling like all you want to do is stay in bed then every disaster possibly happens on the way to work you still have to go, working for yourself you can just write off the day knowing that you might just not be able to hide your bad mood on that particular day. If I have what I now class as a lot of bookings (which is what I classed as a so so day in a parlour) then I know its because I have chosen to take those bookings not because i have had the forced on me. 

Parlours should be forced to give a girl a lunch break, a definate time when a girl will not be expected to go to a walk in, will not be expected to do anything other than chill out, put her feet up, have some food, it changes your whole day knowing that you will have that little bit of time to yourself to restore your energies. Regardless of how busy, its nice knowing you have that time to yourself. 

p.s..Dr Z,,this entire thread wasnt aimed at you.

1 person likes this

Personally, I favor the independent over parlour / agency arrangements.

Firstly, I like to think that the fee - however much that may be - is going to the girl. She's doing the work, and I must admit, I don't like to think that somebody else is earning from her labour. Secondly, I think independent girls offer a more discreet service. Lets face it, what guy actually want to be seen by the world and its dog visiting a known "hot" address? You're not likely to be bumping into other punters either! I think independent girls are more relaxed, and under less pressure. Oh, and the chance of an independent being raided... much, much less!

Are the punts better? They are often more "comfortable", and less regimented. One of the best punts I've ever had was with a agency / parlour girl. She's independent now, as her place was raided (I wasn't there!). Some of the worst punts I've had, have been with agency / parlour girls. On average, the independents are in the lead here.

However, in the main, it's down to the girl rather than her working circumstances.

JaB

Personally, I favor the independent over parlour / agency arrangements.

Firstly, I like to think that the fee - however much that may be - is going to the girl. She's doing the work, and I must admit, I don't like to think that somebody else is earning from her labour. Secondly, I think independent girls offer a more discreet service. Lets face it, what guy actually want to be seen by the world and its dog visiting a known "hot" address? You're not likely to be bumping into other punters either! I think independent girls are more relaxed, and under less pressure. Oh, and the chance of an independent being raided... much, much less!

Are the punts better? They are often more "comfortable", and less regimented. One of the best punts I've ever had was with a agency / parlour girl. She's independent now, as her place was raided (I wasn't there!). Some of the worst punts I've had, have been with agency / parlour girls. On average, the independents are in the lead here.

However, in the main, it's down to the girl rather than her working circumstances.

JaB

I tend to agree with you about the fee, which is why I preferred booking the girl I saw independently rather than through her agency.

The agency provided the girls with apartments for incalls, and the girl I saw could only do outcalls when she was indie. Thinking about it cost wise, it may actually have been £10 or £20 more expensive for me to book her independently vs her agency incall rate, as I paid for the room, but I preferred it that way. She went down the agency route as she had other things going on in her life and didn't want the hassle of arranging her bookings etc herself. She just decided the days she wanted to work and left the bookings to the agency and was happy to see a handful of regulars independently and fit them in around her agency work.

I don't like the idea of paying a middle man, so personally prefer indies. Parlours aren't really my thing.

Another aspect of agency v indie:

I can only speak of my own experiences with an agency.... others may have completely different stories but if I met one of those clients who I really did not want to see a second time I could tell my agent and she was very good about it..... I rarely asked not to see someone again but I was acutely aware that had I done this more often it could have affected my relationship to and confidence with the agent and she and only she had the finger on the button when it came to allotting me my clients (income).

As an indie I have the comforting feeling that I can within reason pick and choose who I want to see or not see again.  

All of the above can determine how good a service a girl can give and could make or break a wg with regard to her making clients feeling 100% welcome.

If an agent gives a girl an appointment with someone she has dreaded seeing again for whatever reason and the appointment is refused.... that agent can withhold work...... not nice but I have the feeling it is common.

2 people like this

Dr Z, I have never seen this said by any working lady on any forum.  I do not know where this myth comes from but it certainly does not come out of the mouths of working girls.  Is it the parlour girls themselves who say this?  Do punters convey this to them that indies think they are better perhaps?  Lots of indies start out in parlours I believe.  Maybe it is one of those 'punter perpetuated' urban myths x

Dr Z, I have never seen this said by any working lady on any forum.  I do not know where this myth comes from but it certainly does not come out of the mouths of working girls.  Is it the parlour girls themselves who say this?  Do punters convey this to them that indies think they are better perhaps?  Lots of indies start out in parlours I believe.  Maybe it is one of those 'punter perpetuated' urban myths x

I have more than once a few years back. There were one or two interesting threads started by a particular female member.

Edited by Chloe Kisses
1 person likes this

The advantage of indie over agency is that you can talk to the girl first and get a feeling as to whether you will gel. Also on outcalls the agencies are strict on time and the girls can do the "Cinderella" Act and rush off on the dot to ring the agent. The indie girls are more relaxed about time and will often have a coffee afterwards. This makes for a nicer feel to the meeting and less like a transaction.

I have more than once a few years back. There were one or two interesting threads started by a particular female member.

Yes i have read such posts on here myself. It was to do with the perception that Parlours WGs never showered or washed between punters just using a wet wipe instead. This isnt my experience of Parlour WGs as i posted at the time. Perhaps some dont but perhaps some Indies dont, i wouldnt know as i am not there to see them do so of course.

Some look down on Parlour WGs seeing them as working a production line, well some Indies do exactly the same obviously but the punter simply isnt as aware of it as with a Parlour where its blindingly obvious the WGs and owners/managers want to be as busy as possible.

I like punting in Parlours if the price is right, only one in London anywhere near convenient to me has what i view as the right price though, the days of Parlours being the cheap option are very long gone in London thats for sure, and i have punted with many excellent WGs in Parlours over the years.

I have also seen a sort of reverse snobbery from parlour girls to indies..i.e you indies don't know what its really like,you have it cushy that sort of thing.Seen it on other forums and have certainly come across some indies who look down on parlour ladies.

2 people like this

If there is snobbery going on it must be down to individuals only.  My friend ran a parlour, and I used to go there and sit with the girls, have a coffee and a few laughs..  nobody looked down on anybody.  we are all doing the same thing for goodness' sake !

I have seen it written and implied on forums, plural. It has also been said to me by Indies, face to face about both parlour and street girls. Why do you find that so odd? Do some people not look down on others, once they've ascended the perceived social ladder themselves?

It is no 'myth'.

Edited by drzhivago
1 person likes this

I have seen it written and implied on forums, plural. It has also been said to me by Indies, face to face about both parlour and street girls. Why do you find that so odd? Do some people not look down on others, once they've ascended the perceived social ladder themselves?

It is no 'myth'.

anyone who thinks they are on some sort of higher scale in this business must be out of their tree. The only scale are how much you charge and thats not exactly regulated so means bugger all. 

I have also seen a sort of reverse snobbery from parlour girls to indies..i.e you indies don't know what its really like,you have it cushy that sort of thing.Seen it on other forums and have certainly come across some indies who look down on parlour ladies.

I have not encountered this personally, I have seen girls go wwww and turn their noses up when a girl admitted to having worked on the streets in the past though. I have also been jumped on on this forum because someone misinterpreted my words, assumed I was having a dig at street girls and decided to white knight it for a bit. That to me is also a bit of reverse snobbery, as if they are the latest fad fashionable charity or something. You either give a shit or you dont, not just words on a forum (not aimed at you personally there Bibs)

It is no 'myth'.

We don't all have this view though.. and I do not like the punter who says you indies look down on parlour girls, making it seem like we all do, because I certainly do not.  My best friend was a parlour girl.  We used to have a standing joke about her wrist because it used to ache from all the hand jobs she did.  She said she had hand jobbers wrist, and I said I had blow jobbers neck and then we would laugh.