David Watts 123

Would It Be Worth Having An Edinburgh Sub Forum On Here?

22 posts in this topic

I'm fairly new to the forum and I was just wondering about wether it would be worth having an Edinburgh sub forum on here. Does anyone else agree/disagree? There already seems to be a few guys on here who would like to see more individual girl threads instead of the recommendations threads which go back quite a while.

Apologies in advance if this has came up before and I've missed it on another thread. It's just that it was one of the first things that struck me when I started looking at the individual regional threads as Edinburgh seems to have an excellent punting scene which may even improve if recent developments with the saunas continues the way I think it will.

It may be worth having, either on its own or as part of a wider Scottish forum.

Take a look how successful the Birmingham forum has shown itself to be over the past year. If a handful of posters hadn't gone about discussing and requesting such a board, we'd have had the square root of jack, but as things stand now, it is quite popular (and way busier than the Manchester board too).

Good luck, as I hope you succeed in getting it.

I would support that AS LONG as we don't end up with a hundred page long useless thread called "Recommendations for Edinburgh Newbies".... Or whatever.

2 people like this

I am a rare visitor to Scotland's finest city, but I can see the advantages of a separate section.

1 person likes this

I would support that AS LONG as we don't end up with a hundred page long useless thread called "Recommendations for Edinburgh Newbies".... Or whatever.

Agreed, the 2 Glasgow ones are a nightmare....especially the older one

I live in Glasgow but am a frequent visitor to Edinburgh. From my point of view it would be of benefit especially now the saunas are likely to disappear 

I have to agree it makes sense. And yes the recommendations for newbies thread is too long but if you could go straight to the newest comments that would help.

I think making this section a Glasgow AND Edinburgh or a Scotland sub forum would be the best way to go.

I think making this section a Glasgow AND Edinburgh or a Scotland sub forum would be the best way to go.

Don't hold your breath Nibbsy. I suggested that to Galahad on Day 1 and lets just say the idea was not received with the hoped-for enthusiasm.

1 person likes this

Only just seen this thread but as my mum came from Edinburgh (Leith in fact, before anyone knew anyone actually lived  there) and I have punted in Glasgow:

Having had a bit to do with asking for the Birmingham forum to be set up, thanks for the comment about its success although it hasn't yet laid the city's paid for sex life bare yet to be honest.

I would support any group getting the forum multiplicity they want although by people starting any new thread when its relevant with the city it refers to, you almost get what you want (hope that won't be frowned upon by powers that be).

I am slightly surprised by your comments about long threads about who punters have seen I did agree but when I made a passing comment on the pointlessness of the utterly huge Soho walk up thread, I was met with a chorus of disagreement so I assumed it was me who was out of step. And the longest Milton Keynes forum is about who have you seen lately.

some 'mouth breathers'   on here  don't seem to get the concept of threads.  Most of them are way too unwieldy to use .

That was my view but tthose who defend them refer to looking in on, say, the Soho one in London just to keep up to date on recent comments and ladies.

Unfortunately for them, Soho appears about to be demolished and made like every other inner city business/shopping area with the girls already being evicted.

1 person likes this

Gotta say I think a Glasgow and Edinburgh section would've made more sense, given the cross-punting that goes on, and the travelling times between them - which are less than those across London, which has a section all to itself (for much more obvious reasons than Glasgow).  Plus, London's got 8 million inhabitants, whereas we've got 5 million in all of Scotland - so maybe even a Scotland section would have made sense!

Ah, well: ours is not to question why...

I would be in favour of an Edinburgh section rather than a joint one with Glasgow. Mainly because I only ever punt in Edinburgh. I wouldn't travel as far as Glasgow to punt. But, whenever I've looked at Glasgow WG's on a site, there always seems to be more and they always seem to be so much fitter. So, in order to save my sanity I need to be kept away from any Glasgow recommendations.

I think there should be a separate sub for Edinburgh - I'm surprised there isn't one already actually.

I am after a recommendation for Edinburgh, so yes I would be interested! :)

I thought an Edinburgh sub forum was a good idea but, judging by the number of posts on the Glasgow sub forum (2 in 2 months,I think) it would appear to have become redundant.

Yes, I admit I have not used it as frequently as I should have. I had my reasons!!!

I thought an Edinburgh sub forum was a good idea but, judging by the number of posts on the Glasgow sub forum (2 in 2 months,I think) it would appear to have become redundant.

Yes, I admit I have not used it as frequently as I should have. I had my reasons!!!

I think basically they took so long getting their shit together to make a glasgow sub-forum, that most of the serious punters in Scotland have gone elsewhere for information.  I can never be bothered to trawl through that stupid Edinburgh thread - it's too long and out of date to be any use. 

Gotta say I think a Glasgow and Edinburgh section would've made more sense, given the cross-punting that goes on, and the travelling times between them - which are less than those across London, which has a section all to itself (for much more obvious reasons than Glasgow).  Plus, London's got 8 million inhabitants, whereas we've got 5 million in all of Scotland - so maybe even a Scotland section would have made sense!

Ah, well: ours is not to question why...

if the all-UK regional sub forums materialised like some people want it to, Scotland would for sure be covered within one forum.

The regional system seems to work elsewhere.

1 person likes this

I'm fairly new to the forum and I was just wondering about wether it would be worth having an Edinburgh sub forum on here. Does anyone else agree/disagree? There already seems to be a few guys on here who would like to see more individual girl threads instead of the recommendations threads which go back quite a while.

Perhaps not, the number of posts for Glasgow are low, but I would suggest that the Glasgow sub forum be made Scotland.

1 person likes this

if the all-UK regional sub forums materialised like some people want it to, Scotland would for sure be covered within one forum.

The regional system seems to work elsewhere.

Agreed.

Perhaps not, the number of posts for Glasgow are low, but I would suggest that the Glasgow sub forum be made Scotland.

The Wales forum seems to be doing quite well, no reason why a Scotland one shouldn't do like wise.

As things stand, the Glasgow forum is effectively dead.