vivluvsme

Birmingham Parlour Raids

29 posts in this topic

I originally put this within parlour thread but worth its own thread I would say:

I have heard word that 4 parlours in Birmingham have been raided:

Kitty & Co, Annabelles, Ambassadors and First Class.

And where, pray, did you hear that?

The raids are becoming pretty regular. I read about the raids/eviction notices on the Soho Walk Up thread, I read of raids in Birmingham and also now in Edinburgh.

You have to question if this is part of a campaign to target parlours in general. Worrying for those of us who enjoy a visit to such places,

Isn't Annabelle's in mk

Nothing on twitter they been raided?

Nice line up on 1st class of ladies

Annabellas then, I think.

used to be Aspirations (old sign still up) in Stirchley.

Could it be a case of suspected trafficked girls, rather than parlours in general?

That was my train of thought too.

I have been totwo of them in particular quite a few times and while there were a lot of foreign ladies over the years, I never got the feeling of anyone being their by force or I would have stopped going.

But then things can change rapidly and some parlours go through phases of ceratin types of SPs including focussing on UK SPs or on EE SPs then changing tack.

Just been reported on BBC Local news on Breakfast TV. No mention of the actual parlours. But in my experience, Annabelles may have used trafficked EU girls...

This thread is also running in the Brum section. Can they be merged?

http://news.sky.com/story/1154647/sex-slaves-saved-in-birmingham-brothel-raids

Doors broken down. Mobile phones, laptops, workers' earnings and "items relating to prostitution" (condoms etc) seized. And the "victims" don't even consider themselves victims or want charges pressed against their alleged traffickers. Then the media reports they are rescuing sex slaves and fighting modern day slavery.

Another successful day in the land of the antis...

This thread is also running in the Brum section. Can they be merged?

Done.

The removal of alleged traffickers and their victims can only ever be a good thing. However, the timing of the whole situation intrigues me. The raids coincide with the sale of assets from the former owner of Cuddles and the launch last week of a new "super" police force.

Sign of the times?

I originally put this within parlour thread but worth its own thread I would say:

I have heard word that 4 parlours in Birmingham have been raided:

Kitty & Co, Annabelles, Ambassadors and First Class.

Lot of suspected and potential being used as words  i note. Until i see convictions for trafficking and/or coercion i wont be convinced. I have read the same words before and the end result were convictions for brothel keeping and/or controlling a prostitute for gain.

IF forced women were being made to work as WG against their wills i hope the people responsible for that are given very severe sentences if convicted.

There's an article here with police quotes: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sex-slaves-saved-birmingham-brothel-raids-062927417.html#3k5CV9J

Interesting use of language. Note:

the whole picture of this premises would lead me to believe that it is being used as an illegal brothel and perhaps the girls inside are being human trafficked. (DI Darren Haynes)

Perhaps?

"Tonight's action, first and foremost, is about protecting people who more often than not don't even realise that they are victims.

I applaud initiatives such as this if they are genuinely rescuing underage girls or girls trafficked against their will. However the phrase "don't even realise that they are victims" can be used in a broader sense, particularly when Feminazis describe prostitution and women above the age of legal consent selling sex to punters. The Feminazis want to criminalise the punters and make prostitution illegal, and I can tell you that their lobby groups have increasing influence with the lawmakers and policymakers of this country. When I hear police officers make broad and vague statements like this, it does make me start to think. And unnerves me a little bit. Where will they draw the line, I wonder?

The removal of alleged traffickers and their victims can only ever be a good thing. However, the timing of the whole situation intrigues me. The raids coincide with the sale of assets from the former owner of Cuddles and the launch last week of a new "super" police force.

Sign of the times?

interesting. The operation Sentinal raids in Milton Keynes last November coincided with the new police commisioner arriving. How strange, is Operation Sentinal possibly less honest police work and more a political/media spin tool used to make an impact when and where its felt its needed?

It will be interesting to see where this POCA smash and grab force raid next or more importantly...what the raid coincides with in that area.

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Check the story in the Birmingham Evening Mail, locations of raids listed, none, it seems in the Stirchley area. Which begs the question...how come some parlours (brothels) seem immune to any raids, whilst others don't. Quite clearly there's a whistle-blower out there who has witnessed human trafficking and unregulated, atrocious conditions...in that case I applaud the police for stamping out this activity.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/west-midlands-police-target-brothels-6186061

Check the story in the Birmingham Evening Mail, locations of raids listed, none, it seems in the Stirchley area. Which begs the question...how come some parlours (brothels) seem immune to any raids, whilst others don't. Quite clearly there's a whistle-blower out there who has witnessed human trafficking and unregulated, atrocious conditions...in that case I applaud the police for stamping out this activity.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/west-midlands-police-target-brothels-6186061

Thanks for that post and link- if that is genuinely the case then I fully agree with you.

If thats the case why chose the two places they raided in MK? There were no trafficked girls here. They were also very selective here. They raided the two busiest places whereas two other parlours who were less busy, one being the oldest one in mk, were not visited and still have not been.   Regarding a whistleblower though. It leads to some interesting questions as there are one or two individuals who have and still have a massive issue with the parlours raided in mk and one that was raided in brum. 

It does seem that these were brothels set up in houses rather than high street parlours so the information passed to me seems right in substance and wrong in specifics.

Apologies to the parlours named if they were not involved.

interesting. The operation Sentinal raids in Milton Keynes last November coincided with the new police commisioner arriving. How strange, is Operation Sentinal possibly less honest police work and more a political/media spin tool used to make an impact when and where its felt its needed?

It will be interesting to see where this POCA smash and grab force raid next or more importantly...what the raid coincides with in that area.

That's how I view it. Police work now seems to be as much about good PR as fighting crime.