Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolTiger

Police Want Condoms Banned From Edinburgh's Licensed Saunas..

20 posts in this topic

the police plumb new depths of stupidity....

the police plumb new depths of stupidity....

How can they justify this? The one thing that makes the work a bit safer being taken away? They know that guys are still going to want services. It shows more than stupidity. Its an open invitation to the worst sort of men to abuse women as its giving them the message that working girls are that little bit less than fully human. That's its really ok to hurt them. Its  shows out and out hatred for sex workers, and for all women.

People have to wake up and do something about this. Now. I don't like where its going.

"...on condition that no items of a sexual nature are allowed on the premises..."

Does this also mean that tits, cocks and pussies are also to be banned? :)

Edited by Corus Boy

Someone should arrange a meeting between the Chief Constable and the head of the GUM service.

1 person likes this

Don't know how many more times we have to say this: legalise, license and tax   

Well, the police are dumb. So much for safety measures.

I have added the link to the thread in the Legalities and Legislation section where the Edinburgh situation has been discussed at some length.

"...on condition that no items of a sexual nature are allowed on the premises..."

Does this also mean that tits, cocks and pussies are also to be banned? :)

These are all animals ;)

This will do nothing to "discourage sexual activities" and they know it. The only thing it might achieve is discourage safe sexual activities.

But obviously making themselves look good in front of the anti-crowd/rad fems/christians is more important than the well-being of those who work in the sex industry.

Couldn't they just install a [pay for] condom machine in the toilets instead like most pubs have? Would that be allowed?

Couldn't they just install a [pay for] condom machine in the toilets instead like most pubs have? Would that be allowed?

Guys could bring a condom with them, say in their wallet, I don't think that is banned yet

JDM

I actually found this quote from the article to be a bit troubling:

"NHS Lothian supplies 130,000 free condoms to Edinburgh's licensed saunas every year."

I get that this is meant to be socially and health conscious. I also get that this will probably save money in the long run. But the NHS giving condoms to the saunas also means that you have the taxpayer esentially funding a private business, and I really, really can't get OK with that. 

I thought all wg's can get free condoms, no?

I actually found this quote from the article to be a bit troubling:

"NHS Lothian supplies 130,000 free condoms to Edinburgh's licensed saunas every year."

I get that this is meant to be socially and health conscious. I also get that this will probably save money in the long run. But the NHS giving condoms to the saunas also means that you have the taxpayer esentially funding a private business, and I really, really can't get OK with that.

I agree they shouldn't really be supplied at taxpayer's expense at a private business premises, but to ban them completely from the premises is beyond stupid.

Is the Pope in charge of the Scottish Police now?

1 person likes this

Is the Pope in charge of the Scottish Police now?

1 person likes this

Details of the Council meeting in the attached link.  The police are made to look stupid.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/councillors-defy-police-to-grant-sauna-licences-1-3153310

The link from the BBC is incorrect; three saunas are closed; three others can have their licences renewed once they have changed their signs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24632997 

Details of the Council meeting in the attached link.  The police are made to look stupid.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/councillors-defy-police-to-grant-sauna-licences-1-3153310

The link from the BBC is incorrect; three saunas are closed; three others can have their licences renewed once they have changed their signs

My initial link was correct, but the BBC then updated the same page after the police withdrew the request for ban on condoms.

From this weeks on going charades it doesn't appear to be that difficult.