ladyofthemansion

Ladies! The truth! What would you do?

Barry offers to pay for the 8 hours. What would you do?   1 member has voted

1. 1. Barry offers to pay for the 8 hours. What would you do?

• Take it and text Garry, Harry and Larry and cancel them.
    • Take it but tell him he must stop one hour so you can see Harry the reg.
    • No way. You dont do those kind of things. You will honour the other bookings.
    • Your decision would be based on how skint you are or how nice Barry is.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

Imagine this is the start of your day. You have Barry booked in for 230 for an hour, Garry booked in at 5 for a half hour, Harry booked in at 7 for a half hour and Larry booked in at 1030 for a half hour. Out of all those Harry is a reg, the others are new. Not a particularly rich looking day but has potential to get better as day goes on. You know that the only one 100% likely to show is Harry. The others have made a booking for the first time so may be no shows.

Barry turns up at 230 as planned. Barry offers to pay for 8 hours and will allow you loo breaks, coffee breaks and will buy you dinner. That means you would have to cancel Garry, Harry and Larry.

Ladies! What would you do?

IBarry turns up at 230 as planned. Barry offers to pay for 8 hours and will allow you loo breaks, coffee breaks and will buy you dinner. That means you would have to cancel Garry, Harry and Larry.

Marry Larry, let Barry tarry, parry Garry and carry Harry.

I would go with Barry, in my experience first come first served...but as long as you can cancel the other appointments. If not can't you compromise...tie Barry to the bed with the promise of something really nice then get on with your other bookings.;)

First come, first served.

It does not matter who calls after you have accept a booking.

I would never cancel a shorter booking just because someone else calls to see me for longer. I couldn't even if I wanted to because of the way I choose work! ;)

First come, first served.

It does not matter who calls after you have accept a booking.

I would never cancel a shorter booking just because someone else calls to see me for longer. I couldn't even if I wanted to because of the way I choose work! ;)

You are saying first come first served but wouldn't Barry be first as he is there with the dosh in hand?

Marry Larry, let Barry tarry, parry Garry and carry Harry.

;)

LOL! :)

When I was a sales rep and we were booked to see maybe 3 clients in an afternoon/evening... we were always told 'Love the one you're with'. Meaning if the one who you're currently with is a goodun and you're highly likely to get the deal, then stay with him and the others can wait (tho you'd let the office know and they'd phone 'the others' telling them what had happened).

What would I do, if Barry turns up with the money for the 8 hours, I'd take it and tell him he has to give me 10 minutes out as I need to text and speak with my other bookings to rearrange them. I'd say I hadn't done so before as I need to make sure he was turning up and we were all good.

The first one I'd text to contact me would be Harry (the reg). I'd tell him something to postpone him (but as I'd just had a result so could he, unknowingly to him) and say I'm so sorry, but as it's short notice I'd offer him a double time session when he's next able to book. The other two I'd not seen before I'd text asking them to call me, and when they called me back I'd again be fully apologetic and say I'd be happy to see them if they still want to rebook.

It's a hypothetical question tho as it's highly unlikely I'd get a request for an 8 hour massage, the longest I offer is 2 hours. Although it's quite regular for a guy to want to extend his booking at the start of the massage, say from an hour to 1.5 hours, then if I can (still allowing myself 30 minutes between bookings) I will. Once the massage has started however I don't extend a booking as it ruins the flow of the massage as I will have to either go over places again to extend the time, or spend longer on certain parts that have already been worked up quite a bit already ;)

You are saying first come first served but wouldn't Barry be first as he is there with the dosh in hand?

Ok let me rephrase the first come first served then...

As I only see one gent per day, the person who's booking I first accepted is the one who will get to see me. Does not matter who calls after i've accepted his booking. Whether a newbie or a regular visitor, if you have accepted a booking, you should honour it

Hope that makes more sense ;)

I'd stick with Barry. It's such an extreme and unlikely situation that it's not really worth angsting over, is it? Any of my half hour regs would understand if I explained the situation. If the other two hadn't confirmed by 2.30 then they aren't coming anyway. No brainer really...

This is one of those really annoying situations. As such the professional thing to do is to go through with the original appointments - i.e. see those who have confirmed. However quite often I've turned down extensions and or turned down bookings on the day only to have a new client (or 2nd time appointment) mess around with the timings, cancel just after I've sent Mr A Regular wanting to extend or see me at short notice on his way. All after confirmation has been recieved from said clients.

Result can be a wasted afternoon and the old temptation to double book in future creeps in.

On top of other events recently it's tipped me towards not accepting bookings from new clients for a while.

Just not worth falling out about.

if appointments had been made and confirmed, i would turn down the 8 hrs. Afterall, it's not fair on those who had took the time to arrange their schedules to come and see me in the first place. Everyone deserves a chance, besides who is to say that Barry might offer this another day? If not wouldn't bother me. If the others were to turn up too and had a good time/would return etc, i feel the day would be far more rewarding xx

She said the appts hadn't been confirmed though. Only Hazza the half hour likely to turn up.

You worry too much. I'm sure the other guys would not be that upset if you cancelled, especially the one who is a reg. Motto: A bird in the hand is worth 4 others in the bush (or not in this case.)

(I would not see that many in one day anyway but if I did, and especially if I did, I would go with Barry absolutely. Whaddya want? He actually showed up, and means that you have a lot less traffic and re-arranging yourself and the room to worry about.)

Bottom line: It's biz.

Imagine this is the start of your day. You have Barry booked in for 230 for an hour, Garry booked in at 5 for a half hour, Harry booked in at 7 for a half hour and Larry booked in at 1030 for a half hour. Out of all those Harry is a reg, the others are new. Not a particularly rich looking day but has potential to get better as day goes on. You know that the only one 100% likely to show is Harry. The others have made a booking for the first time so may be no shows.

Barry turns up at 230 as planned. Barry offers to pay for 8 hours and will allow you loo breaks, coffee breaks and will buy you dinner. That means you would have to cancel Garry, Harry and Larry.

First of all if someone new has booked in with me, they have to confirm their appointment again the day before the appointment. I always find once they have done this they always show. So even if I had 2 newbies booked in i would not assume possible 'no shows'. Secondly I would not do an appointment at 10.30 pm, especially if it were only for 30 mins. Thirdly I don't think I would want to spend 8 hrs with any client, especially if it were my first meeting with them. I would suggest maybe a 3 hr appointment, with one hour for lunch instead, as a compromise.

And finally, if I did have an hour appointment and 3 half hours booked in for the day, I would still earn £340 pounds, which I would be more than happy with.

She said the appts hadn't been confirmed though. Only Hazza the half hour likely to turn up.

very true hun, but don't we take this risk everytime with new calls? Doesn't mean i will turn them down as everyone deserves a chance, don't they?

I ask for confirmation on the day by 9am, or if it's many weeks in advance then also some contact 7 days before.

That said I have had some chaps confirm then either not show or cancel at the last minute - sometimes after leading a merry dance regards times etc and in the meantime you firstly turn down others who are regulars, as well as sit around like a lemon for best part of a morning/afternoon.

Cancelling at exactly 9am is another interesting one - funny how they didn't know right until that time they couldn't make it. Although it means your time isn't wasted a lot of my business is arranged 1-2 days in advance, so in the meantime I've once again turned regulars away for that time. There are genuine reasons for some people not being able to make appointments but it can start to feel a bit funny sometimes!!!!

Call Sally and welcome Barry Garry Harry and Larry.

LOTM you do seem to get yourself into some pickles with your work.

Allowing you to go to the toilet !!!! how considerate.

I would always honour the bookings already made. AFter all dont we hate it when a client rings to cancel?

Saying that I wouldnt see any client who says he 'will allow me loo breaks'. In a long booking, i.e. 8 hours or overnight, loo and refreshments breaks are the norm anyway.

Barry turns up at 230 as planned. Barry offers to pay for 8 hours and will allow you loo breaks, coffee breaks and will buy you dinner.

I'm not a lady! I'm a solicitor! "offers" to me is the magic word! Has he shewn you (I'm looking at someone else's site, and extrapolating) say £1000 in cash (used £50s)?

If he has, then a bloke in the bed is worth two -in this case three - on the road! You can offer regular Harry an hour for the price of his usual half, if you are feeling slightly guilty towards him.

OK?

Edited by Irgendeiner
It wasn't her site!

very true hun, but don't we take this risk everytime with new calls? Doesn't mean i will turn them down as everyone deserves a chance, don't they?

Yes of course they do. But I ask everyone to confirm by midday at the latest and if they don't do so I assume they are not coming. Thus, in the unlikely event that someone arrived at 2.30 pm and wanted 8 hours, I would only have to factor Harry half hour into the plan.

I've certainly had bookings of an hour or two hours that turned into overnights, but never one that started in the afternoon.

Cancelling at exactly 9am is another interesting one - funny how they didn't know right until that time they couldn't make it

IME those WGs who require confirmation on the day usually have a small time-window for doing so.. so your point will often not apply.

Yes of course they do. But I ask everyone to confirm by midday at the latest and if they don't do so I assume they are not coming. Thus, in the unlikely event that someone arrived at 2.30 pm and wanted 8 hours, I would only have to factor Harry half hour into the plan.

I've certainly had bookings of an hour or two hours that turned into overnights, but never one that started in the afternoon.

Actually I lie, I did have one who had a 3-4 booking and ended up as an overnight, but as I had no other confirmed bookings it didn't matter.

Just wondering why am taking this topic so seriously ;)

I'm a regular.

If I got cancelled for that kind of reason, or suspected I had, I would never go back.....end of.

I book in good faith and assume the booking is accepted in good faith.

Anything else is unprofessional.

Barry/Harry/Garry and Larry?

I would be in utter shock that I had 4 gents who had rhyming names for a start.....

( seriously tho I would not cancel other bookings to accommodate him and don't do long bookings anyway )

It is not unknown to have 3 Davids in a row.......... :)

( I once had a wacky day where I saw... in this order too:

a Matthew

a Mark

a Luke

and a John

I kid you not! )

;)

Barry/Harry/Garry and Larry?

I would be in utter shock that I had 4 gents who had rhyming names for a start.....

( seriously tho I would not cancel other bookings to accommodate him and don't do long bookings anyway )

It is not unknown to have 3 Davids in a row.......... :)

( I once had a wacky day where I saw... in this order too:

a Matthew

a Mark

a Luke

and a John

I kid you not! )

;)

Jesus Christ:eek:

Did you have supper with John then?