willbred

George Mccoy

58 posts in this topic

With a regular this afternoon, who showed em an e mail she had received from the silly old buffer George McCoy following up on a call she had received via her number on AW. Apparently he's offering to put her in his " new" independents' directory for £20 per month.

The lady in question is inclined to ignore him and has been made aware that part of the subscription process is that he calls round for free service.

Just wondered whether any of the ladies on here have heard from him recently. With all the routes available onto the web, surely his version has had it's day??

With a regular this afternoon, who showed em an e mail she had received from the silly old buffer George McCoy following up on a call she had received via her number on AW. Apparently he's offering to put her in his " new" independents' directory for £20 per month.

The lady in question is inclined to ignore him and has been made aware that part of the subscription process is that he calls round for free service.

Just wondered whether any of the ladies on here have heard from him recently. With all the routes available onto the web, surely his version has had it's day??

Sorry, I'm relatively new to punting but I've seen his name around before.  If it's not breaking any rules can someone fill in a newbie with a bit of history?  Might even be useful for other newcomers 

Is that stupid old fart still going around, trying to contact women in order to get free punts!? :D I thought he'd long gone from the scene?

Is that stupid old fart still going around, trying to contact women in order to get free punts!? :D I thought he'd long gone from the scene?

He has succeeded in being offered many freebies over the years, not a bad number for him. He has more front than Sainsburys was the comment a WG said to me about him. ;)

1 person likes this

Someone please link the OP to some of the many topics on this individual.  I can't be bothered.

Any new(ish) ladies may think they have been cherry picked by GMc but that is not the case.

or............... OP..... just put a search in for the man..... he has been discussed here often enough.

2 people like this

To briefly sum up, McCoy used to publish a "guidebook" to give punters info.

He liked to call in on ladys for freebies as a thank you for him advertising their service

The advent of the internet has kinda rendered this old fart obsolete

1 person likes this

Christ ...  is he still alive ?

Yep..............and all those photos of him .... never shows the top of his head............. I think he wears a bullet proof cap.  :)

To briefly sum up, McCoy used to publish a "guidebook" to give punters info.

He liked to call in on ladys for freebies as a thank you for him advertising their service

The advent of the internet has kinda rendered this old fart obsolete

He has an online subscription version of his guides though, certainly not something i would pay for but who knows how many punters do.

Have met him once but I had been forewarned about his potential for trying for freebies so I had a friend with me at my flat.He basically rips off your reviews from other sites along with very outdated info and allocates you a star rating.

I had very few calls from being on his site and the odd guy that did call were of the contact mag ilk.He has recently being doing the rounds I have had a couple of missed calls from him.

Someone please link the OP to some of the many topics on this individual.  I can't be bothered.

Any new(ish) ladies may think they have been cherry picked by GMc but that is not the case.

or............... OP..... just put a search in for the man..... he has been discussed here often enough.

Thanks, Lynn. I had done my homework and was in fact able to show the lady your post in early 2012 which ended amusingly with reference to what you would have done with George's cap, had he not been on the other end of the phone offering you the chance of a lifetime. My question was aimed at ladies who might have been contacted recently and / or who didn't know about this parasite, who clearly rankles with you still!! :mad:

Thanks, Lynn. I had done my homework and was in fact able to show the lady your post in early 2012 which ended amusingly with reference to what you would have done with George's cap, had he not been on the other end of the phone offering you the chance of a lifetime. My question was aimed at ladies who might have been contacted recently and / or who didn't know about this parasite, who clearly rankles with you still!! :mad:

Rankles?  Just a bit  :)

I had "the phone call" too and politely but firmly declined his offer to meet up.  My outdated details were still on his site for a long time after that... details he had chosen to print and I had no say in the matter.

I think it is members only now.... so his site can not be browsed willy nilly.

Horrid creature, highly unpleasant. If you pop 'McCoys guide' into the search box then plenty should come up.

1 person likes this

I have met the man, we had a coffee and sparkling water in the sunshine in a public venue. He didn't ask for a freebie, nor did I offer him one. I had read and heard the rumours, but that didn't mean I had to offer and it wasn't suggested. Has he explicitly asked this lady for a freebie or has she assumed from his reputation that she'd be expected to do this?

Instead we had a reasonable discussion about his website, sex work laws and a few of our personal interests then went our separate ways.

Edited by Strawberry
1 person likes this

Like Strawberry my dealings with him did not include freebies nor were they asked for, he was courteous and I did get work from both his book and his website.  During the time that Harriet Harman decided to attack this site and start playing silly beggars he was very proactive with regards to lobbying MP's, encouraging ladies to do so etc in an effort to stop her, more so than any other male involved in this industry I think, so I thought he was misunderstood or maybe the victim of unkind gossip mongering spread by jealous punters. 

That was until he stupidly and callously sent a copy of his latest dying directory to every single newspaper in the country knowing that reporters would be very interested in what girls were working in their area.  Maybe he didn't think past the getting exposure for his book thing and realise the damage he was doing to the ladies that got exposed as a result of his stupid actions.  Not the brightest thing to do IMHO.

1 person likes this

Like Strawberry my dealings with him did not include freebies nor were they asked for, he was courteous and I did get work from both his book and his website.  During the time that Harriet Harman decided to attack this site and start playing silly beggars he was very proactive with regards to lobbying MP's, encouraging ladies to do so etc in an effort to stop her, more so than any other male involved in this industry I think, so I thought he was misunderstood or maybe the victim of unkind gossip mongering spread by jealous punters. 

That was until he stupidly and callously sent a copy of his latest dying directory to every single newspaper in the country knowing that reporters would be very interested in what girls were working in their area.  Maybe he didn't think past the getting exposure for his book thing and realise the damage he was doing to the ladies that got exposed as a result of his stupid actions.  Not the brightest thing to do IMHO.

I remember this, and no not the brightest thing but as far as he was concerned he was promoting his book, and some people really do think in such a simplistic way as to believe all free publicity is good. Our business operates on discretion and turning a blind eye/unspoken words, not being plastered all over the press.

I think he definitely has a reputation which precedes him and I think he does hope for freebies, however you don't have to feel like you should give anyone a freebie. I will admit when he first got in touch many years before I did finally meet him, it was difficult to distinguish him from the way in which some clients make bookings - said he'd be 'popping in' on his way past. Since he wasn't purchasing my services I decided to keep our meeting separate, boundaries clear hence meeting a the coffee shop venue.

1 person likes this

I remember this, and no not the brightest thing but as far as he was concerned he was promoting his book, and some people really do think in such a simplistic way as to believe all free publicity is good. Our business operates on discretion and turning a blind eye/unspoken words, not being plastered all over the press.

I think he definitely has a reputation which precedes him and I think he does hope for freebies, however you don't have to feel like you should give anyone a freebie. I will admit when he first got in touch many years before I did finally meet him, it was difficult to distinguish him from the way in which some clients make bookings - said he'd be 'popping in' on his way past. Since he wasn't purchasing my services I decided to keep our meeting separate, boundaries clear hence meeting a the coffee shop venue.

Meeting him in a coffee shop was a good(ish) idea but discussing the business in a public place with other coffee drinkers nearby could have been dodgy..... so I assume you tucked both of yourselves away in a corner..... and he did not have a loud voice.  :)   I have always thought of him in a John McCrirrick way..... rather brash and noisy.  

Edited by Lynn

Meeting him in a coffee shop was a good(ish) idea but discussing the business in a public place with other coffee drinkers nearby could have been dodgy..... so I assume you tucked both of yourselves away in a corner..... and he did not have a loud voice.  :)   I have always thought of him in a John McCrirrick way..... rather brash and noisy.  

There was a big enough distance and plenty of background noise for us not to be overheard. I've actually had more problems with one or two blokes being very loud and obvious on paid for dinner dates. Also if you chose your words carefully it need not be obvious what you are talking about, plus most people are absorbed in their own conversations and lives.

1 person likes this

He has an online subscription version of his guides though, certainly not something i would pay for but who knows how many punters do.

Think he's missed the boat TBH.

His online site charges punters so gets very few so the girls who pay to advertise get little business. A dying business if ever there was one.

AW made the most of its first mover advantage, as well as savvy punter-goes-free model, and has built a market presence that looks pretty unassailable right now. But certainly the low-tech McCoy is in an end-game.

2 people like this

George McCoy has me listed on his site, with details that aren't even correct. I like to be only one place on the net these days and not have too many pictures/ info about myself online. I tried to email him to take the stuff about me down but no reply, I certainly wouldn't pay to be on that website, no way.

Ch 5 did a programme on him, visiting various parlours. NEver saw it.

Ch 5 did a programme on him, visiting various parlours. NEver saw it.

He appeared on several programs including 'vice the sex trade' on ITV and some chat shows like Kilroy and Trisha.  Lynn he's not quite your John Mccririck, more your flat hat brigade type.

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article222169.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/george-mccoy-891430167-222169.jpg

1 person likes this

He appeared on several programs including 'vice the sex trade' on ITV and some chat shows like Kilroy and Trisha.  Lynn he's not quite your John Mccririck, more your flat hat brigade type.

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article222169.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/george-mccoy-891430167-222169.jpg

He is here without his cap  :)

I know he has taken part in numerous television debates and films about his own unusual work and not sure if anyone here has seen this one....I hadn't so  just watched it and he seems a sensible enough chap in this discussion.... to anyone who has little awareness of his reputation.  What do any of you think of it if you have the time to watch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHukn6AHHi4

I don't think many people would have identified him from his comments on here but more would wonder how the MP could say no one in his area was trafficked.

the former SP on the right who interrupted most seemed to have a good grasp of different elements, not seeing SPs as all alike, not denying that many SPs are in control of their chosen destiny and not avoiding the issues of trafficking and grooming needing fierce attention.