Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gibbs

"who Phones Who"? Or "which Way Do You Like It"?

8 posts in this topic

Ever since I started punting the lady has given me her number and I have called her. Sometimes the number is displayed on her website/profile and sometimes she has supplied it after an initial exchange of emails. I have never had a lady insist on calling me. Until recently !!!!

We did the usual exchange of emails. I sent in the booking request and expected her to then confirm the booking and give me her number.

She said in her emails that she does not "give any phone numbers out to those that I have not had the chance to meet with first" and that she called "from a private number".

It is, of course, entirely up to any lady as to how they want to communicate with a client but it did take me very much by surprise. Both because of her wanting to call me (phone bills?) and also that she would be calling from a "private" number. If she wouldn't give me her number until after we met then when I arrived at her apartment building how would I let her know that I had arrived?

It all seemed very strange and completely different from every other wg I have met.

She probably has a good vantage point from her house/flat and a good pair of field binoculars lol

She probably has a good vantage point from her house/flat and a good pair of field binoculars lol

I would have definitely agreed with you there except for one thing. The driving distance from my house to her flat is 183 miles. What a fantastic pair of binoculars. :D What a good job that the lady doesn't normally know what we look like until she opens the door. :)

Another strange thing. She actually gave me her full postcode and to calculate the correct mileage I went back to AW correspondence. In between my first post and this one she has changed her profile name. Weird. Spooky. Coincidence?

Ever since I started punting the lady has given me her number and I have called her. Sometimes the number is displayed on her website/profile and sometimes she has supplied it after an initial exchange of emails. I have never had a lady insist on calling me. Until recently !!!!

We did the usual exchange of emails. I sent in the booking request and expected her to then confirm the booking and give me her number.

She said in her emails that she does not "give any phone numbers out to those that I have not had the chance to meet with first" and that she called "from a private number".

It is, of course, entirely up to any lady as to how they want to communicate with a client but it did take me very much by surprise. Both because of her wanting to call me (phone bills?) and also that she would be calling from a "private" number. If she wouldn't give me her number until after we met then when I arrived at her apartment building how would I let her know that I had arrived?

It all seemed very strange and completely different from every other wg I have met.

I always only call WGs, i have zero interest in emails as i require a chat with them to confirm the services i require are actually on offer as that is the best i can do, if i dont get them its then because i was lied to. Its also to gauge the WGs attitude, ANY hint of coldness or negativity and thats the end of my interest nowadays. Only with regulars do i book simply by text if that suits them better, even then i prefer a quick chat to confirm the punt time.

In the case you mention i would be looking elsewhere as that doesnt suit me.

1 person likes this

In the case you mention i would be looking elsewhere as that doesnt suit me.

The booking didn't go ahead.

I won't phone numbers sent by email, or included in a booking request why?because when I did do I have several wrong numbers sent either as a prank, set-up or by genuine typo mistake. All resulting in either a wild goose chase due to it not being a convenient time to call, guy missing his booking, or someones partner wondering why some random female was phoning her fella. My number is out there, is correct and if I'm not available my voicemail indicates the times I will be free to speak.

Phone bills?

I have plenty of free minutes, my income and hourly rate is more than enough to absorb the occasional phone call, and of course it's a business expense.

This isn't to be confused with situations where I've requested, or agreed with a client that he'll phone at a set time in order to confirm his booking or for directions.

I've had similar situations before where the lady has required by number and then called me from a withheld number, sometimes only speaking to me once, a few minutes before the appointment to give the final details of the address such as a hotel room number, and I have never had a problem with it.  All the ladies were well reviewed and the email exchanges were satisfactory, giving me no cause for concern, so I had that security.  Yes, there is the problem of not being able to contact the lady if you are delayed: fortunately that never happened to me when I was in those circumstances and I suppose the ladies accept that that is the risk they take by organising things in this way if it is the way they want to do things and reckon the benefits to them (eg the control it gives them of who can contact them, the concomitant minimising of timewasting calls) outweigh those risks.  I certainly wouldn't cancel or not go through with an appointment if those were her conditions unless there were other things setting off alarm bells.

Some ladies have watched a lot of spy films I think, considering the byzantine mazelike lengths they ask their clients to go through to get to the front door. Security is good, but sometimes it can go a bit far. Me, I like a simple life.