Belle de Jour

Hi from Belle de Jour

206 posts in this topic

Hi all,

In all the hoo-ha over the last couple of weeks I'd not thought to check out the discussion here. Apologies for seeming to neglect the most obvious community, and also, hello! Please be gentle it's my first time, yadda yadda yadda...

Have not had time to read through all the commentary on here but wanted to address a few things:

1. Yes, my agency took a third. Unlike Billie's character in the show, I did outcall only.

2. Yes, I do have terrible skin! This is not something I'm uncomfortable about, but cheers for the feedback.

3. I'm not actually that tall (5'3"), it's just that everyone else in the media seems to be very short.

4. Yes, I have given money to charity over the years. I don't like to talk about it, and have spoken to the groups since coming out and we are all agreed it is best that my name not be explicitly associated with them. (Also: "considerable fortune"?!? I so wish. Writing pays a lot less than people assume... you have to be J K Rowling-level to be getting rich that way.)

5. Obviously I'm not a natural spokesperson for sex work and in no way ever intended to be, which is why I didn't go on the Moral Maze (much as I would lurrrrrrrve to meet Michael Portillo). There are many people who have far wider knowledge and insight of the business and I can only claim to speak for myself.

That's all really - am so pleased to see Punternet still up and going strong, hope everyone out there is being sensible and safe, and thank you for being nice about me >50% of the time!

all the best

Brooke

Nice to see you dropping in on us, Belle.

But you don't answer the question that's really on our minds (unlike those provincials who read the Daily Mail and the Times, who only want to know if you were paying tax), which is, of course, what name did you work under and are there any reviews still up?

And you're not going to tell us, are you?

Spoilsport!

Great to see you here! I have followed your story with interest. I'm 5ft 3 too! Small is good! Warm Welcome xx:D

Hi Belle,

Welcome!

Take care and have fun.

Great to see you on hear Belle - hope you pop by often?

Hi all,

In all the hoo-ha over the last couple of weeks I'd not thought to check out the discussion here. Apologies for seeming to neglect the most obvious community, and also, hello! Please be gentle it's my first time, yadda yadda yadda...

Have not had time to read through all the commentary on here but wanted to address a few things:

1. Yes, my agency took a third. Unlike Billie's character in the show, I did outcall only.

2. Yes, I do have terrible skin! This is not something I'm uncomfortable about, but cheers for the feedback.

3. I'm not actually that tall (5'3"), it's just that everyone else in the media seems to be very short.

4. Yes, I have given money to charity over the years. I don't like to talk about it, and have spoken to the groups since coming out and we are all agreed it is best that my name not be explicitly associated with them. (Also: "considerable fortune"?!? I so wish. Writing pays a lot less than people assume... you have to be J K Rowling-level to be getting rich that way.)

5. Obviously I'm not a natural spokesperson for sex work and in no way ever intended to be, which is why I didn't go on the Moral Maze (much as I would lurrrrrrrve to meet Michael Portillo). There are many people who have far wider knowledge and insight of the business and I can only claim to speak for myself.

That's all really - am so pleased to see Punternet still up and going strong, hope everyone out there is being sensible and safe, and thank you for being nice about me >50% of the time!

all the best

Brooke

Welcome to you Brooke.;) I see at the end of your post you say your pleased to see Punternet still up and going strong. May i ask if you used Pnet when you were working, and if you did, did you find it useful.:)

........ Writing pays a lot less than people assume... Brooke

Writing for scientific journals pays ever less, alas... Like, nothing, usually. Though the publishers often seem to do quite well.;)

Hi all,

all the best

Brooke

Brooke, good luck with the rest of your life.

I only regret never having met you in your 'Belle du Jour' role.

Intelligence, self-confidence and a sense of humour are wonderfully erotic characteristics in a woman, and you seem to have all three.

I hope you have lasting fulfilment in your current relationship.

Hi all,

all the best

Brooke

Call me an old cynic, but how does anyone tell the difference between a genuine post and somebody on a wind up.

Call me an old cynic, but how does anyone tell the difference between a genuine post and somebody on a wind up.

Good point, but its hard to see how the real BdJ could ever prove authenticity on a forum. i'd have thought the response to item no 2 maybe the clincher in her favour.

A there any of her ex-clients on the board, anyone recognise the photos as someone they had seen in the past ?

Good point, but its hard to see how the real BdJ could ever prove authenticity on a forum. i'd have thought the response to item no 2 maybe the clincher in her favour

No, anyone with a sense of humour could have composed that bit of the post. I assume she has presented credentials to Galahad.

Good point, but its hard to see how the real BdJ could ever prove authenticity on a forum.

By confirming on her blog that she'd posted here? I assumed that the Mods did some checks when anyone famous sought to post en claire?

By confirming on her blog that she'd posted here? I assumed that the Mods did some checks when anyone famous sought to post en claire?

Just checked her blog, and she doesn't. Agree that its probably a wind-up.

If the Mods can't prove it is her, I suggest this poster is banned.

Just checked her blog, and she doesn't. Agree that its probably a wind-up.

It would be nice to think it was a genuine post. But if Belle was pushed reluctantly into the media and public gaze then risking newspaper headlines of " Brooke joins Paid Sex Forum " does seem to put a question mark against it.

Welcome to the forum & thanks for the post.

xxxx

When the Mods need your suggestions I have no doubt they will ask for it.

Only kidding. ;)

Fully agree! ;)

I'm sceptical too. Different writing style to her blog. Good trolling, nonetheless.

Personally i think it's genuine... but then i am credulous as hell

"Comments, suggestions, complaints, etc. are always welcome - by e-mail, NOT on the board."

I noticed you in the Lions den, you stood out from all the rest,

not because you were roaring the loudest but because you are not a Lion;)

"Comments, suggestions, complaints, etc. are always welcome - by e-mail, NOT on the board."

I noticed you in the Lions den, you stood out from all the rest,

not because you were roaring the loudest but because you are not a Lion;)

Game, set and match. Well, game, anyway (by all accounts) ;)