lancelot

Have You Ever Paid - And Then Walked Out?

56 posts in this topic

An odd question I suppose.

In my early days I went with someone - got to her house - paid over a tenner - changed my mind and left, wrote off the money.

Or perhaps you have paid up front for a 1 hour session - and left shortly after the start.

i expect we all have. the woman was either useless, or astonishingly repellent.

Yes a long time ago. Paid 150 the girl was rude and smelt and started shouting at me when I requested a massage.

I walked and made an angry call to the agency. They offered me some compensation on my next booking

On a couple of occasions in my early days of punting. However experience has made my selection criteria far better now and on the rare occasion I do get it wrong and the girl turns out to be nothing like her profile or I just get a bad vibe I exit before handing over any cash.  Whilst it seems a little unfair to book and not go through with it, it would have to be a serious breach such as a bait n switch or clear signs of poor hygiene to make me walk.

Fortunately no.

However, after a few bad punts, I did learn to rely on my instincts quite early on - if you sense bad attitude or something is wrong before you hand over the cash, then walk (but with a polite explanation as a knife in the back often offends).

In my early days I went with someone - got to her house - paid over a tenner - changed my mind and left, wrote off the money.

Or perhaps you have paid up front for a 1 hour session - and left shortly after the start.

Not odd at all in my view. Yes i have paid and then walked a number of times. In recent times its been because the WG was all friendly before i paid her but once i had she turned into a cold harridan so i left and went to my plan B. I dont wish to be in the same room as such people let alone have sex with them.

What on earth was she only charging a tenner for?! 

1 person likes this

Lydia: Lancelot did said, that he paid a tenner in his "early days".  I assume it was sometime in the mid-end seventies, when £10 are equal at around £40-£50 at the today money.

It was 1983 and that was the going rate - a tenner than is like 50 now

1 person likes this

I was almost close in my estimation above. :-)

Edited by Xenia

Once and it was just the whole situation was very bad.Was only something like my third punt as well.

I was almost close in my estimation above. :-)

I didn't see your post but you estimated well for a non uk citizen - and it's just a rough guess about what a tenner is today. At that time I earned £8 for working a whole saturday in a supermarket - so £1 an hour - today the minimum wage is £5 p/h so yes I think £50 is about right.

£10 was the street rate - 1 strike and your out. This girl looked awful - no idea why I did it - when I got back to her place there was a baby crying - I was young and stupid.

I didn't see your post but you estimated well for a non uk citizen - and it's just a rough guess about what a tenner is today. At that time I earned £8 for working a whole saturday in a supermarket - so £1 an hour - today the minimum wage is £5 p/h so yes I think £50 is about right.

£10 was the street rate - 1 strike and your out. This girl looked awful - no idea why I did it - when I got back to her place there was a baby crying - I was young and stupid.

Well, I am Uk citizen, (since 1997), not that is relevant. Minimum wage its just over £6 now, or £5 if you are under 21. (I prepared to be stand corrected if I am wrong).

So, this is the only time its happened?  30 or so years ago?

Well, I am Uk citizen, (since 1997), not that is relevant. Minimum wage its just over £6 now, or £5 if you are under 21. (I prepared to be stand corrected if I am wrong).

So, this is the only time its happened?  30 or so years ago?

Yes 30 years ago - only did it twice and the street scene put me off the whole business - I tried some numbers in the back of the paper but the women all sounded the same - common and rough and dragging continuosly on a fag -  the next time was in 1996 and I paid out 200 so quite a lot of inflation there

1997 - I probably should have re-phrased as I guessed you would have come here post peresroika but certainly not early 80s - inflation in the early thatcher years was high (20%)

Ahh, I see! I forget how old some of you are!  ;)

Not exactly walked.The Lady wasn't quite as advertised & I couldn't rise to the occasion. Not all her fault. To her credit after a bit of a chat, she gave me half my money back. I didn't ask. She insisted.

Never walked but have occasionally felt like it. Maybe I have a high tolerance level? I also research thoroughly before a punt to lessen the chance of it being a disaster

Ahh, I see! I forget how old some of you are!  ;)

I am 49 - not exactly ancient - and could hold my own with a man half my age (dont try to visualise that)

Wow lancelot!  You big spender !

I am 49 - not exactly ancient - and could hold my own with a man half my age (dont try to visualise that)

Unfortunately I already did :)

This comes out with a lower figure than I expected - between 28 - 40 pounds, must say from my recollection 50 quid seems nearer the mark.

http://www.measuringworth.com/ppoweruk/

Interesting - I suppose that must be right then - so my 10 quid punt was really a cheapie even in todays money

Once, because the house manager advertised with fake pictures. But I asked for my money back, first, and got it without any fuss.

Yes. Mostly if I know I have to leave I will ask for a partial refund. Sometimes they give it sometimes not.

On a couple of occasions, after a complaint to the agency they have offered me a visit with another girl or discount. It is rare though and they don't all do it, some will just say tough! It is why sites like Punternet with the reviews are essential I find.