Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WittyWoo

Bumping Into People You Know At Clinics

7 posts in this topic

Today I went for me usual check-up at the clinic. The moment I walked through the door I spotted an old mate from school. Luckily he was looking the other way. To avoid an awkward meeting I kept me head down and went to wait in another part of the clinic. Have you bumped into people you know at GUM clinics?

I go for a routine check up regularly (and have always been OK) but have never expected to see anybody that I know there even though I go to my local hospital - suggests I don't expect my friends to have the same hobby? I'm certainly not ashamed of mine, but have sometimes wondered what they get up to - it's not the kind of conversation that we have when we go down to the pub!

Edited by raylondoner

I go to a clinic in another town to avoid this chance meeting!

It hasn't happened to me but...    The last time I went and was in the waiting area there were a number of other people around when a conversation started up between two nearby couples who clearly knew each other but had not expected to encounter each other.   I did hear the words "What are you here for?" :eek:  It seemed pretty light-hearted :cool: Remember you will both be there for essentially the same reason, and you both have cause to maintain discretion.  This would not imo be a good reason to decide not to visit a GU clinic.

1 person likes this

I have not seen anyone I know at a clinic... yet. 

I have remarked on this before.............. my only negative to visiting the clinic is thinking that the other patients assume a visit there is because of symptoms/an actual infection.  I always want to state to the array of people sitting pretending to read the magazines "I am only here for a check up!"

My guess is that not many individuals (other than sex workers) would go for a routine check.  

Edited by Lynn

My local clinic is 400 yards from my most regular brothel.

Have only visited twice in many years but if I recognised anyone it would be bound to be one of my past (or very recent!) sexual partners...

I use another town as my wife works at the local hospital where the clinic is and whilst understands my hobby, her colleagues know me...