wanderlust

Doubtful STI claims

55 posts in this topic

It is a serious matter to claim that anyone gave you an STI, yet claims continue to be made that are unlikely. A couple of weeks ago we had a poster, now banned (I think), assert that he'd developed both gonorrhoea and chlamydia 2-3 weeks after OWO with a Golders Green girl. This was unlikely because (i) the incubation period for gonorrhoea is usually less than a week and because (ii) it is doubtful whether chlamydia can be transmitted orally. The chance of simultaneously developing late gonorrhoea plus chlamydia via OWO must therefore be vanishingly small.

Now take FR94552, where the punter says he saw the lady on 20/11 and afterwards developed scabs on his lips which he diagnoses, probably correctly, as due to some sort of herpes virus. In the FR, dated 28/11, he warns other punters off the lady.

The natual history of oral herpes is that the primary infection, often caught as a child, is asymptomatic or associated with a sore throat, mild fever and ulcers inside the mouth. The virus then goes to sleep in the nerve ends and periodically awakes, triggered by stress or UV light, to give blisters, ulcers and scabs (in that order) on the lips. see http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/labialis.html

There is no way that the punter could have progessed from primary infection through latency to reactivation in 8 days. The likely explanation is that, quite randomly, an old herpes infection reactivated, perhaps for the first time, a few days after he saw this lady..... who had nothing to do with it at all.

I assume that this FR is based on an honest misapprehension and is not malicious; nevertheless the girl's business is potentially harmed. Can I suggest to the Mods that claims of infection should be subject to some more stringent test of plausibility?

It is a serious matter to claim that anyone gave you an STI, yet claims continue to be made that are unlikely. A couple of weeks ago we had a poster, now banned (I think), assert that he'd developed both gonorrhoea and chlamydia 2-3 weeks after OWO with a Golders Green girl. This was unlikely because (i) the incubation period for gonorrhoea is usually less than a week and because (ii) it is doubtful whether chlamydia can be transmitted orally. The chance of simultaneously developing late gonorrhoea plus chlamydia via OWO must therefore be vanishingly small.

Now take FR94552, where the punter says he saw the lady on 20/11 and afterwards developed scabs on his lips which he diagnoses, probably correctly, as due to some sort of herpes virus. In the FR, dated 28/11, he warns other punters off the lady.

The natual history of oral herpes is that the primary infection, often caught as a child, is asymptomatic or associated with a sore throat, mild fever and ulcers inside the mouth. The virus then goes to sleep in the nerve ends and periodically awakes, triggered by stress or UV light, to give blisters, ulcers and scabs (in that order) on the lips. see http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/labialis.html

There is no way that the punter could have progessed from primary infection through latency to reactivation in 8 days. The likely explanation is that, quite randomly, an old herpes infection reactivated, perhaps for the first time, a few days after he saw this lady..... who had nothing to do with it at all.

I assume that this FR is based on an honest misapprehension and is not malicious; nevertheless the girl's business is potentially harmed. Can I suggest to the Mods that claims of infection should be subject to some more stringent test of plausibility?

I agree but understand only Galahad and not Mods deal with FRs so maybe PMing him will help. The Golders Green lady you mention i have punted with more than once and i didnt believe the posters allegations, especially as i know his description of her that he gave was incorrect. She just received a very positive FR from a punter i know is definately a punter. IMO it was a malicious post. The Vicar agreed and i think he got 6 months pre-mod, possibly a ban.

Agreed. It was probably someone employed by Harman (at public expense) trolling..

I agree but understand only Galahad and not Mods deal with FRs so maybe PMing him will help. The Golders Green lady you mention i have punted with more than once and i didnt believe the posters allegations, especially as i know his description of her that he gave was incorrect. She just received a very positive FR from a punter i know is definately a punter. IMO it was a malicious post. The Vicar agreed and i think he got 6 months pre-mod, possibly a ban.

Just to clarify i think the Vicar gave the poster a timescale in which to reply, he didnt meet that timescale and the Vicar took action.

(ii) it is doubtful whether chlamydia can be transmitted orally. The chance of simultaneously developing late gonorrhoea plus chlamydia via OWO must therefore be vanishingly small.

Chlamydia can be transmitted orally. A friend of mine was diagnosed with it in her mouth/throat during a regular clinic checkup. She was told at the time not to give OWO until it was confirmed that it had cleared because of the risk of infecting someone.

Chlamydia can be transmitted orally. A friend of mine was diagnosed with it in her mouth/throat during a regular clinic checkup. She was told at the time not to give OWO until it was confirmed that it had cleared because of the risk of infecting someone.

Chlamydia is rarely or never transmitted orally as the bacteria do not thrive in the throat well.

There is not even a lab test available for testing the throat for chlamydia as the CDC deigned it unneccessary.

Chlamydia is rarely or never transmitted orally as the bacteria do not thrive in the throat well.

There is not even a lab test available for testing the throat for chlamydia as the CDC deigned it unneccessary.

Hmm are you sure?? I don't do owo but my clinic still checks for everything even though I take minimal risks. Every health site I have checked says it can be spread orally where you get your info from?? And and ex Bf of mine who was an ENT Consultant advised me never to do owo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/sexual_health/stis_chlam.shtml

Regarding the risk of oral transmission of Chlamydia, the best recent study I can find is:

Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2009 Nov 17. [Epub ahead of print- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19916883?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=1]

Occurrence of pharyngeal Chlamydia trachomatis is uncommon in patients with a suspected or confirmed genital infection.

Wikstr

Hmm are you sure?? I don't do owo but my clinic still checks for everything even though I take minimal risks. Every health site I have checked says it can be spread orally where you get your info from?? And and ex Bf of mine who was an ENT Consultant advised me never to do owo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/sexual_health/stis_chlam.shtml

The clinic will check for everything but the throat swabs are for other infections.

I get my info from previously being an army medic where the most common problem tended to be STI's. I kno wwhat can be tested for in what area and keep myself updated on all studies

Regarding the risk of oral transmission of Chlamydia, the best recent study I can find is:

Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2009 Nov 17. [Epub ahead of print- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19916883?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=1]

Occurrence of pharyngeal Chlamydia trachomatis is uncommon in patients with a suspected or confirmed genital infection.

Wikstr

According to the NHS, it can be caught from oral and can be tested for orally as well as vaginally.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chlamydia/Pages/Causes.aspx

All the info you need can be found on the CDC website

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/chlamydia/

Which says.... direct quote from site above..

"Chlamydia can also be found in the throats of women and men having oral sex with an infected partner".

All very well and good, but being a whore means having sex with a large number of men and I think that that would mean a higher risk of exposure to any sti, therefore I won't perform owo. The End.

yes --- although I love the thrill and pure intimacy of CIM, I find myself more and more attracted to non-cim providing ladies, as I feel rightly or wrongly that their overall hygiene/ safety standards might be higher.

but ifa WG does RO, you dont know where the guys mouth has been earlier that day---- is that a concern for WGs and how do they deal with that.

p.s -- very proud of my signature--- really loved it, smile everytime I see it !!:o. will of course remove it, if you would prefer. for the mo tho', just back the fuck off :o

All very well and good, but being a whore means having sex with a large number of men and I think that that would mean a higher risk of exposure to any sti, therefore I won't perform owo. The End.

Not quite the end......! Some STIs can readily be transmitted by OWO and, based on this, it is perfectly reasonable to decide to avoid it. But, as the paper I quoted shows, Chlamydia isn't one of them; its oral transmission is very inefficient.

Note also that, if the transmission rate per exposure is low (as with Chlamydia or, even more so, HIV) then the statistical risk of catching a disease is high only in those who are repeatedly exposed. Consequently the regular oral partner of someone with genital Chlamydia (the group in the Swedish study) is more likely to catch the infection than the WG who occasionally encounters an infected client among her many customers. Needless to say the dynamics are completely different for a disease, e.g. syphilis, where the transmission rate per single exposure is extremely high.

Not quite the end......! Some STIs can readily be transmitted by OWO and, based on this, it is perfectly reasonable to decide to avoid it. But, as the paper I quoted shows, Chlamydia isn't one of them; its oral transmission is very inefficient.

Note also that, if the transmission rate per exposure is low (as with Chlamydia or, even more so, HIV) then the statistical risk of catching a disease is high only in those who are repeatedly exposed. Consequently the regular oral partner of someone with genital Chlamydia (the group in the Swedish study) is more likely to catch the infection than the WG who occasionally encounters an infected client among her many customers. Needless to say the dynamics are completely different for a disease, e.g. syphilis, where the transmission rate per single exposure is extremely high.

You can quote all the studies in the world, if their is a risk, any risk I still want to avoid it. What is the chances of these kinda diseases mutating etc, any real medics or science types know about that?

You can quote all the studies in the world, if their is a risk, any risk I still want to avoid it. What is the chances of these kinda diseases mutating etc, any real medics or science types know about that?

Chlamydia is now beyond rife and has been for some time according to my local GUM. It is transmissable through OWO but only rarely so - you are more likely to catch gonorrhoea or HPV. We had a lady posting on SAAFE a couple of weeks ago who had chlamydia which was diagnosed in her eye, probably from a facial.

Chlamydia is now beyond rife and has been for some time according to my local GUM. It is transmissable through OWO but only rarely so - you are more likely to catch gonorrhoea or HPV. We had a lady posting on SAAFE a couple of weeks ago who had chlamydia which was diagnosed in her eye, probably from a facial.

Grim. I stick by my guns on this one then, I'm glad I don't partake in CIM, OWO or Facials.

Grim. I stick by my guns on this one then, I'm glad I don't partake in CIM, OWO or Facials.

I'm probably better posting on 6up's thread the other day about ladies who change services but I'll stick me arm up. I've not offered OWO for a month now mainly because of the info I've been given and the skanky girls operating near me.

I'm probably better posting on 6up's thread the other day about ladies who change services but I'll stick me arm up. I've not offered OWO for a month now mainly because of the info I've been given and the skanky girls operating near me.

Don't blame you. I have never offered that kind of stuff and always got by and had nice regs and been busy. I don't judge anyone, each to their own but my health to me is paramount. Give us a shout when you down that London! xx

I was in my local boots chemist and found a leaflet about this it said that people between 16-24 could catch this when i visit the wgs in soho i always wear a condom at first i was worried when i had sex first of all and i asked the lady do i wear a condom and she said yes.

With regards to chlamydia being transmitted orally, I know from first hand experience that it can be. It is rare but it does occur. I had a client who tested positive for it and he told me and it just so happened I was due for my check up anyway. I always use condoms for sex but did provide OWO. My GUM know that I'm a WG so I get full check ups. My vaginal swabs were fine but the swabs from my throat showed chlamydia. So because I have a partner he had to be tested and treated for chlamydia too. They didn't wait on his results, they treated him when he was tested. I was shocked to say the least and upset because I've gone through lifeprotecting myself. I knew it was possible to catch things in the mouth/throat but the risks were very small. Now its only oral with for me

With regards to chlamydia being transmitted orally, I know from first hand experience that it can be. It is rare but it does occur. I had a client who tested positive for it and he told me and it just so happened I was due for my check up anyway. I always use condoms for sex but did provide OWO. My GUM know that I'm a WG so I get full check ups. My vaginal swabs were fine but the swabs from my throat showed chlamydia. So because I have a partner he had to be tested and treated for chlamydia too. They didn't wait on his results, they treated him when he was tested. I was shocked to say the least and upset because I've gone through lifeprotecting myself. I knew it was possible to catch things in the mouth/throat but the risks were very small. Now its only oral with for me

Hard lines. The clinic treating your partner is logical on a precautionary basis since, if he does have an infection, he might pass it back to you and they will have to treat you again. Treating you both is cost- and time- efficient!

Is it notable that you had no vaginal infection. If you have OWO and BB with your partner and if (contrary to my assertions and the Swedish data above) transmission by OWO was efficient then you'd anticipate a vaginal infection too.

I was in my local boots chemist and found a leaflet about this it said that people between 16-24 could catch this when i visit the wgs in soho i always wear a condom at first i was worried when i had sex first of all and i asked the lady do i wear a condom and she said yes.

You can catch it irrespective of age!

The 16-24 age range is where the the increase in STI's is.