Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hank Chinaski

Looking For A Boozer Within Staggering Distance To Kings Cross Train Station.

11 posts in this topic

Looking for a Boozer within staggering distance to Kings cross Train station.

I need a pub to go to after a punt to sit for a couple of hours and get drunk.

Being a Northerner living in the South and Lack of Drinking Culture therein would like a pub that has a Juke box a pool table and are not too fussy about their clientele IE you dont have to wear a suit and the Bar staff are used to people getting arse holed and dont panic when your drunk and offer free coffee on the house.

A typical working class English Pub !

The Euston Flyer ticks most of your boxes, if memory serves; it's not quite near enough for you to hit your chin on Kings Cross station if you fall out of the door (and I don't know about free coffee), but it has nice Fullers beer and I'm sure there was a pool table and a juke box last time I was in it. That was a while back, though and somebody else will know better.

Like most places in the immediate area, they won't care how you're dressed and will just be grateful that you are :).

The Euston Flyer ticks most of your boxes, if memory serves; it's not quite near enough for you to hit your chin on Kings Cross station if you fall out of the door (and I don't know about free coffee), but it has nice Fullers beer and I'm sure there was a pool table and a juke box last time I was in it. That was a while back, though and somebody else will know better.

Like most places in the immediate area, they won't care how you're dressed and will just be grateful that you are :).

Thanks Amy will defo check out The Euston Flyer.

I dont want free coffee the punctuation in that sentance was scewed.

I was in a typical southern pub a while back and I walked in sober and must have spent £80 on ale at the end of the session I couldnt walk straight I knew it was time to go home so went to the bar to phone for a Taxi but the landlord thought I wanted more beer and said no I cant serve you on account of you being drunk have free coffee on the house. I thought WTF you moron give me change for the telephone. He looked very apprehensive yet he was happy to take my £80.

I'm a happy Drunk I was buying every fucker pints that day lol.

I meant that I dont want a boozer where they try to palm you off with free coffee when you are too drunk to stand or sit ! :)

Thanks Amy will defo check out The Euston Flyer.

I dont want free coffee the punctuation in that sentance was scewed.

I was in a typical southern pub a while back and I walked in sober and must have spent £80 on ale at the end of the session I couldnt walk straight I knew it was time to go home so went to the bar to phone for a Taxi but the landlord thought I wanted more beer and said no I cant serve you on account of you being drunk have free coffee on the house. I thought WTF you moron give me change for the telephone. He looked very apprehensive yet he was happy to take my £80.

I'm a happy Drunk I was buying every fucker pints that day lol.

I meant that I dont want a boozer where they try to palm you off with free coffee when you are too drunk to stand or sit ! :)

suggest theBREE LOUISE,it is next to Euston station but worth the walk from Kings cross.

Looking for a Boozer within staggering distance to Kings cross Train station.

I need a pub to go to after a punt to sit for a couple of hours and get drunk.

You expect the punt to be so bad you need to get drunk after?

Maybe a visit to the Flying Scotsman (pound in the glass strippers) beforehand would get you more in the mood ?

suggest theBREE LOUISE,it is next to Euston station but worth the walk from Kings cross.

Agree that the Bree Louise is the best pub in the area for real ale, however there is no Jukebox or pool table.

Had a search and came up with this link http://www.inapub.co.uk/pubs/facilities/London/Jukebox listing pubs in London with Jukeboxes.

From that list it looks like Millers and The Rocket list having both a jukebox and pool table and are both close to Kings X. Haven't been in either so don't know what they're like.

King Charles I, The Lexington, and The Lucas Arms are also nearby and list jukebox but don't mention pool tables.

A bit of a further stagger will get you to The Constitution, which lists having both on that website and also states having them on their own website.

for info, The Rocket is a student pub (Scream pub chain), so might not be your thing. its ok though.

Bree Louise might be your best bet.

King Charles I on Northdown St is a wicked little pub. too small for a pool table though.

You expect the punt to be so bad you need to get drunk after?

Maybe a visit to the Flying Scotsman (pound in the glass strippers) beforehand would get you more in the mood ?

No I expect the punt to be great but I would rather go home pissed up on account of my Alibi. Supposed to be going out with the lads for the afternoon (nudge nudge wink wink)

No I expect the punt to be great but I would rather go home pissed up on account of my Alibi. Supposed to be going out with the lads for the afternoon (nudge nudge wink wink)

Ok then pour half a pint over your kit and do some acting when u get home, that save you a few quid, London prices!

Ok then pour half a pint over your kit and do some acting when u get home, that save you a few quid, London prices!

Women have a 6th sense though don't they. I need to be authentically pissed.

Hey if anybody fancies meeting up for a few pints on the day let me know.