Hank Chinaski

Can One Not Retrospectively Edit Ones Post ?

8 posts in this topic

Can one not retrospectively edit ones post ?

Maybe on reflection of a post my sentences might not be grammatically correct  there dosent seem to be a way for me to rectify my error.

I'm not a Grammar Nazi by any means but what gives ?

I think the edit function is time limited. Once you've made a post you should see the edit button on the bottom right of your post when it's available.

This is pretty normal for most Internet Forums that I am aware of, otherwise people could play silly buggers changing what they had previously written and rendering whole threads meaningless (even more than usual).

I think the edit function is time limited. Once you've made a post you should see the edit button on the bottom right of your post when it's available.

From memory it is only about 2 minutes!

From memory it is only about 2 minutes!

I reckon it's 5 - must learn to type faster PP :P

1 person likes this

Posting after drinking, eh Hank?   :(

I do sympathise, there's nothing worse than seeing something I've written the following day, peppered with typos, poor punctuation and appalling grammar.  

Fortunately they're not too judgmental on this site.  On one prepping forum I was explaining how I a piece of muslin cloth could be used for multiple tasks: a bandage, a bandana, straining water etc., and I accidentally typed muslim.  You would think I'd wilfully insulted the prophet, I even got death threats.  

1 person likes this

Yes I think it's 5 minutes too and have had a few shaky moments when I have seen that I ought to change something or left a post to look something up and it took longer than expected.

WNP - sounds a horrendous experience. Nothing significant to those upset in your nick is there? I don't know my Roman history well enough ...

Posting after drinking, eh Hank?   :(

I do sympathise, there's nothing worse than seeing something I've written the following day, peppered with typos, poor punctuation and appalling grammar.  

Fortunately they're not too judgmental on this site.  On one prepping forum I was explaining how I a piece of muslin cloth could be used for multiple tasks: a bandage, a bandana, straining water etc., and I accidentally typed muslim.  You would think I'd wilfully insulted the prophet, I even got death threats.  

:D Love that one.

Just as well you did not include "wiping one's backside in the event of no Andrex handy"

Your head would be on a stick by now.