Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiwi69

Hotmail "sent" address pop-up.

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone please advise how to delete/disable the pop-up prompter that appears when you start to type a "send to" address with Hotmail? Or how to edit/delete entries that appear.

As soon as you enter the first letter of the address, the pop up appears listing any addresses starting with that letter that you have sent mail to, not just addresses in your contact list.

Thank you

Look in Options, Settings, AutoComplete.

Look in Options, Settings, AutoComplete.

Thanks for that; I have just tried: click on "Options" (top right corner) a window with "Language, Themes, Reading pane settings and More Options" appears. ( Left click )

Click on "More Options" ; then I get a full page with "Manage Accounts, Junk E-Mail, Customize your Mail, Customize your Contacts" .No "Settings or AutoComplete"

options appear.

A thought, it's Windows Live Hotmail, could that be the difference ? For me the old style was so much better.

Sorry, I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer re this stuff!!:)

I was looking at Outlook (and Express); yeah, I don't think there is an option in Live Messenger (web-based). Anyone else?

I was looking at Outlook (and Express); yeah, I don't think there is an option in Live Messenger (web-based). Anyone else?

Thanks anyway.I'll try Googling, could be interesting!

Thanks anyway.I'll try Googling, could be interesting!

Not a prob; let us know how you get on. I've taken a look at settings in my Live Messenger (web based) and cannot find an option in there either.

Can anyone please advise how to delete/disable the pop-up prompter that appears when you start to type a "send to" address with Hotmail? Or how to edit/delete entries that appear.

As soon as you enter the first letter of the address, the pop up appears listing any addresses starting with that letter that you have sent mail to, not just addresses in your contact list.

Thank you

There has been a small torrent of abuse addressed at this un-removable feature of Windows Live Hotmail.

See here for some of it. https://windowslivehelp.com/community/t/120964.aspx

The general gist of replies from the horse's mouth is as follows:-

"Your feedback was already forwarded to our Product Team as a suggestion and is currently being reviewed. For now, the option to remove the said addresses is currently unavailable."

There has been a small torrent of abuse addressed at this un-removable feature of Windows Live Hotmail.

"Your feedback was already forwarded to our Product Team as a suggestion and is currently being reviewed. For now, the option to remove the said addresses is currently unavailable."

Many thanks for that info Barry Cade. At least I'm not alone!

I hate fucking Microsoft !!:):mad:

Maybe the best approach for now is to only use it on public computers.. not where the email addresses could be attributed to oneself.

Maybe the best approach for now is to only use it on public computers.. not where the email addresses could be attributed to oneself.

Good idea. I would think there will be many dormant Live Hotmail addresses until this gets resolved (if ever).;)

One particularly interesting 'feature' of Hotmail is the information it includes in the message header of emails you send. The ip address of the computer that has logged into the Hotmail account is sent in emails. This shatters any illusions I had of web based email being anonymous, having said that googlemail doesn't send this information.