Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatbloke

"customers" Arrested At Parlour.

11 posts in this topic

Probably guys were arrested for using drugs. I thought the parlour was already shutdown and its not particularly discreet anyway.

Probably guys were arrested for using drugs. I thought the parlour was already shutdown and its not particularly discreet anyway.

And the ladies arrested for being prostitutes - I didn't think that in itself was illegal - only living off immoral earning which would be the owners or the "other" staff.

And the ladies arrested for being prostitutes - I didn't think that in itself was illegal - only living off immoral earning which would be the owners or the "other" staff.

Come on its the Yorkshire Post which is owned by the Guardian Media group so reporting will be anti. Also it stated in the article drugs so that's enough for them to shut it down.

As you said,the important part in this case seems to be this part Large amounts of cash and a quantity of drugs were seized which would explain the mass arrests.Same as if a pubs raided and they find a fair amount,everybody gets pulled in until they find out what belongs to who.In this case it gave the police a reason to arrest the punters as as far as they know they could have been distribution guys,customers(not just of the brothel part) etc.

As for the ladies arrested for prostitution.I see they were released with a home office prostitution warning.Oddly enough the main mentions of those ive found have been to do with street prostitution,although in some cases the police do like to be seen doing something and saying everyone was released with nothing doesn't sound quite as good.Makes it look like the authorities are actually doing something.Will be more interesting to see if anyone is actually prosecuted

~

"Majority of the 29 arrested were prostitutes" - was this a brothel or some kind of mini Sin City??

As you said,the important part in this case seems to be this part Large amounts of cash and a quantity of drugs were seized which would explain the mass arrests.Same as if a pubs raided and they find a fair amount,everybody gets pulled in until they find out what belongs to who.In this case it gave the police a reason to arrest the punters as as far as they know they could have been distribution guys,customers(not just of the brothel part) etc.

As for the ladies arrested for prostitution.I see they were released with a home office prostitution warning.Oddly enough the main mentions of those ive found have been to do with street prostitution,although in some cases the police do like to be seen doing something and saying everyone was released with nothing doesn't sound quite as good.Makes it look like the authorities are actually doing something.Will be more interesting to see if anyone is actually prosecuted

~

Indeed, being arrested is of course one thing, being charged entirely another. No idea what a Home Office prostitution warning is, if these were just WGs working as WGs in this brothel and not actively helping run it they have done nothing to get a warning for that i know of. A street WG is of course breaking the law in comparison.

The fact there were illegal drugs on the premises in whatever quantity certainly does these punters no favours. Whoever brought them into the premises is not smart in my view. A brothel is already wholly illegal so could get raided at any moment. Hopefully the innocent of being involved with drugs punters are dealt with fairly. I would have immediately asked for my Solicitor, only being prepared to give my name in the event of this happening to me.

"Majority of the 29 arrested were prostitutes" - was this a brothel or some kind of mini Sin City??

Yes thats a lot to hear about nowadays. Even at parties there arent ever more than 16 WGs on the premises at one time at the most, usually far less.

Home Office prostitution warning...... Now that I have no clue on... doing a Google search produces only the link from the OP. Any one care to enlighten at least me?

probably arrested to find out exactly whats going on

I fell about when I read this in the report :

Inspector Chris Bowen, who heads the Holbeck neighbourhood policing team, said: “The evidence we have uncovered so far suggests these premises are being run as an organised criminal enterprise despite attempts to portray it as a legitimate massage parlour or health club."

These premises have been a brothel for years and were part of a huge case in 2004 when the owners were arrested. The case fell apart when the police admitted knowingly allowing Winstons and Omega in Sheffield to continue operating when they knew they were brothels. Eventually the owners were prosecuted for tax evasion. This has been discussed here in the past but for those unfamiliar with the story I attach a link:-

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/sauna-boss-pays-1-4m-1-3261271

1 person likes this