JKay

Removing A Security Suite

10 posts in this topic

Just finished 3 months beta testing for a Firewall/AV package, I now have an option to buy cheap or delete but when I try to remove using its uninstall it asks for password but it returns as being incorrect, have tried Windows programme delete and that's the same, I even tried to delete the folder but no joy.....

Any other options?

Try Toolwiz care, that has an uninstaller or CCleaner, one of them may work. You can also use either to clean up your machine, you will be amazed at how much crap is on your hard disc.

revo uninstaller is a free, easy to use, tool that will rip by the guts from your PC....

CCleaner no use....tried REVO uninstaller, wish I had not as it removed the ESET uninstall feature only and removed the ESET listings in programes and on desk top, now I'm stuck with an out of date security suite with no way of entering username or password and ESET has stopped the product download because it was a 3 month beta trial. Its all bloody security protected so its not just a case of deleting folders...I'm stuffed. bollox.

My only hope is ESET can come up this a removel tool or I do a reformat of HDrive and hope that's not been protected.

Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Sorry, had to be said :ph34r:

CCleaner no use....tried REVO uninstaller, wish I had not as it removed the ESET uninstall feature only and removed the ESET listings in programes and on desk top, now I'm stuck with an out of date security suite with no way of entering username or password and ESET has stopped the product download because it was a 3 month beta trial. Its all bloody security protected so its not just a case of deleting folders...I'm stuffed. bollox.

My only hope is ESET can come up this a removel tool or I do a reformat of HDrive and hope that's not been protected.

Have you tried this?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

If this is norton/symantec you need to make a registry edit to disable the password

Yes I have or at least tried to, completed download in safe mode but it gave a warning that important Windows files would or could be deleted as well so I did not continue as at this time I can not find my W7 installation disk to do the repair, but to be honest when I find the disk it will be faster to do a reformat and install.

If this is norton/symantec you need to make a registry edit to disable the password

If I had any Norton product on my lappy I would have shot it with my gun by now.