Bert

French Parliament Approves Bill Penalising Anyone Paying For Sex

9 posts in this topic

From the (very) little I've read so far about this the proposal seems a complete buggers muddle.

For what it's worth, though, I suspect that, even if the upper chamber passes this into law, the equivalent of our PC Plod over there will have better things to do with their time.

Uncle Pokey

It is unenforceable and impractical as they would be fining just about every man in France who has sex, since most French women are money sucking whores anyway, and all demand payment in some shape or form. 

And is this what French sex workers want?

1 person likes this

I suppose what worries me most is that France is only 21 miles or so from these shores

Laura Agustin:
The thing is neither slapdash nor hysterical but part of a sober attempt to change the European panorama, to shift the gaze from small-population Nordic countries never seen as important European players to the continent, to France – to the heart of real Europe. I see this shift as game-changing.

http://www.lauraagustin.com/

Prostitutes’ organisations and the police agree for once. Punishing the clients would force prostitution further underground, they say.

It would make action against the international networks, now a €2bn-a-year industry in Europe, even tougher.

Using these arguments, the Interior Minister, Manuel Valls, is campaigning quietly to have the proposed law parked permanently in the Sénat.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/frances-compromising-position-why-a-new-law-to-criminalise-punters-rather-than-prostitutes-is-inflaming-french-passions-8967593.html

The quote from Ms Agustin should be read in the context of her more full article the link to which starman thoughtfully has given above.

The quick thought that ran through my head upon reading the quote was along the lines that, in sex, size was not necessarily important.

Thinking also that the French Lower House were completely off their heads to vote such a proposal through I recalled the phrase about 'mad as a box of frogs' and then chuckled a bit!

OK, I'll get my hat.

Uncle Pokey

wait and see...

The french are good at circumventing laws when then need to.

but on the whole, the punting scene in france is a bit hit n miss anyway. 

never did venture far there.

I suppose france is more a place to find a regular/mistress.