Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max Gentle

Radio 4 Womans Hour On Prostitution

3 posts in this topic

Good link Max, cheers.

There's a debate between Labour MEP Mary Honeyball, and academic Dr Belinda Brooks-Gordon

To deter coercion and trafficking one favours the Swedish model where punters are criminals but not the working girls, the other likes the look of the New Zealand model where women who choose to be WGs can share premises for the purposes of safety, security and companionship, although she adds that the NZ model could be further improved.

No prizes for guessing which is which.

I punt because I want to and because I can.  I know I am in a minority and I know there is a lot of unhappiness for others which is why I am not in any position to shout about it, but I can help others in a less favourable position than myself without raising my head above the parapet and having it shot off and that is enough for me.

One day I will walk away from all of this and won't want to know about any of it any more, but while I am here and 'in it' as it were.. I'll do my bit.  I will not talk to the press or meet with them and after having listened to those two ladies it is clear that some people do not listen to things they simply do not wish to hear.

2 people like this