cumandgo

Help Please --- Internet Connection

4 posts in this topic

Am in a hotel which has Wi-Fi . It works on my mobile phone but not on my laptop. When I start Internet Explorer , the hotel page is supposed to come up and I then accept it but the hotel page does not come up, so I cant progress to a connection. It does pop up on my phone.  Is there something simple that I can do on the Laptop to get the pop-up so that I can make the connection ?  Thanks.

Most likely a Firewall setting problem. Sometimes when you connect to a new server your security software goes on the defensive,

You would need to go to your firewall setting & select program rules ( usually found in your security software, I use norton & it's easy to use & change settings)

- find IE & make sure the setting is on "allow"

- if it's on "auto" change it to allow

- make sure you select ok/apply at the bottom of the page.

or when you say pop up, do you mean a pop up window or it's suppose to load on the page?... if it's a new pop maybe your pop blocker is turned on.

probably none of the above but worth a go.

Thank you. I went to the security area as you suggested and 'trouble shooted'  and it worked out.!   

You could as back up for the future download to dvd a copy of LINUX Mint 16 and boot from that, it picks up WiFi or Dongles a dream with no faffing about. No need to keep Linux on hard drive just runs sweet from the live disk. WONDERFULL stuff!