Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pooter

Edinburgh Sauna Blackmail

11 posts in this topic

The evening news reports that customers exiting Edinburgh saunas are having there pic taken by man who attempts to blackmail them. He says he will put the pic online unless paid off. This actually happened to me, but I told him he could put my pic online if he wanted, I imagine quite a few will have panicked and paid up.

Maybe the threats are empty and he's exploiting the stigma to make some easy cash. Perhaps having a "go ahead, I don't care" attitude is best, the more people who pay him the more he will do it.

And isn't there a law against blackmail in Scotland?

This is the story as it appeared in the Evening News in Ed.

It won't be long before someone puts a picture of the perp online. Or walks out of a sauna with bent knees so he looks 5 inches shorter than he really is, and then wanders over and causes him to stain his pants.  Whoever is doing it is an extremely naughty man.

Yes, perhaps someone should put a photo of him online so we can all see who the lowlife worm is.

1 person likes this

Lowlife indeed.  Blackmail is a serious criminal offence in England and Wales,  Scottish law is different but in respect of blackmail may well be similar.  It just needs a guy to come out of a sauna while an accomplice is waiting nearby and they jump this piece of scum.  What a despicable way to behave. 

Never pay blackmailers. It sends the wrong message and opens the door to further attempts.

I have been the victim of two blackmail attempts and I confronted them both and they were extremely surprised and scared.  One was a young girl who asked me for a lift back from the beach into a nearby town one afternoon, she asked me for money and said she'd go to the police and say I'd 'touched' her if I didn't pay up.  I told her I wasn't even prepared to discuss it and she put her hand on my leg (I was wearing shorts) and said she would use my DNA as 'proof'!  The end result was that she asked to be dropped off and I carried on driving, she was shitting herself,  specially when I drove into the police station.

The other was a Polish girl I'd had a brief dalliance with and after a time, or a few times,  I told her I didn't want to see her any more. She sent me an email asking for money and threatening to report me to the police for having an 'illegal' bank account (which of course it wasn't). I told her I'd sent her email to the police (I hadn't) who would be charging her with blackmail in a case in which I would be the witness.  She too shat herself.

2 people like this

Lowlife indeed.  Blackmail is a serious criminal offence in England and Wales,  Scottish law is different but in respect of blackmail may well be similar.  It just needs a guy to come out of a sauna while an accomplice is waiting nearby and they jump this piece of scum.  What a despicable way to behave. 

Never pay blackmailers. It sends the wrong message and opens the door to further attempts.

I have been the victim of two blackmail attempts and I confronted them both and they were extremely surprised and scared.  One was a young girl who asked me for a lift back from the beach into a nearby town one afternoon, she asked me for money and said she'd go to the police and say I'd 'touched' her if I didn't pay up.  I told her I wasn't even prepared to discuss it and she put her hand on my leg (I was wearing shorts) and said she would use my DNA as 'proof'!  The end result was that she asked to be dropped off and I carried on driving, she was shitting herself,  specially when I drove into the police station.

The other was a Polish girl I'd had a brief dalliance with and after a time, or a few times,  I told her I didn't want to see her any more. She sent me an email asking for money and threatening to report me to the police for having an 'illegal' bank account (which of course it wasn't). I told her I'd sent her email to the police (I hadn't) who would be charging her with blackmail in a case in which I would be the witness.  She too shat herself.

Bloody Well Done !    :)

I love handshandy's story.  

As a newb to the punting scene, and currently quite enjoying it, blackmail has always been a worrisome aspect.  Now I'm feeling even more anxious.  

I love handshandy's story.  

As a newb to the punting scene, and currently quite enjoying it, blackmail has always been a worrisome aspect.  Now I'm feeling even more anxious.  

Don't let things like this get to you. Just take everyones experiences on board and be wary of your personal details. I have been working for years and have managed not to blackmail anyone so far  and so have the other ladies on here so whilst this has happened to a lot of guys and girls its still a minority of cases compared to the number of punts that occur, the majority don't have this sort of malarky attached x

So any update on this individual? Is he still at it or has he stopped? If he is still doing it why hasn't someone hired a heavy to make him crap his pants or something?

That is the Theft Act 1968 (IMHO one of the last well drafted statutes) but it is English law, not applicable in Scotland see s.36(3)!

I assume, however, that conduct which in England (and Wales, too) would be charged as Blackmail, is also criminal here, but I'm certain it'll have a different, historic, ethnic, name! "Extortion", perhaps!