lancelot

Cancelled punt appointment. Why?

Most common reason for cancelling punt.   1 member has voted

1. 1. Most common reason for cancelling punt.

• Other half unwittingly interferes with plans.
    • Sudden unexpected work committment.
    • Lost the desire/mood.
    • Chickened out.
    • Illness.
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 posts in this topic

I have just had to cancel out with my regular - due to my other half suddenly making a decision to have me along on a trip she was going to make alone. Ouch.

So if you have to cancel at short notice, what is the reason?

I have just had to cancel out with my regular - due to my other half suddenly making a decision to have me along on a trip she was going to make alone. Ouch.

You forgot because we like wasting peoples time and making sure a girl is messed around all day. Perhaps the 16 no shows we had yesterday could fill in the poll !!

I often wonder at how much time people have on their hands to be bothered to do this to girls just trying to earn a living. Cancel is a luxury word, if only !

Ive only ever cancelled twice. Once because I got a cold.

And once because a mate turned up with tickets to see Bill Bailey half-troll show at the Apollo. Yes, I decided to see a Klingon rather than a WG! And its was worth it! ;)

Perhaps the 16 no shows we had yesterday could fill in the poll !!

Sorry I didn't show up for my whore-crawl yesterday. My alarm didn't go off, I overslept, I couldn't find my lucky boxer shorts, all my socks were dirty,

my zip broke on my punting trousers, my kitchen was flooded, I lost my house keys, I'd run out of my favourite cereal, my car wouldn't start,

I got a flat tyre, I had an accident on the way, the battery died on my phone, I ran out of petrol, my tan faded, I got a spot on my chin, I had a panic attack and fell into a coma.

You forgot because we like wasting peoples time and making sure a girl is messed around all day. Perhaps the 16 no shows we had yesterday could fill in the poll !!

I often wonder at how much time people have on their hands to be bothered to do this to girls just trying to earn a living. Cancel is a luxury word, if only !

Thats a lot. If punters wanting to see Rebecca or Lottie today have any sense they will actually turn up, hats off to you thats some offer.

Thats a lot. If punters wanting to see Rebecca or Lottie today have any sense they will actually turn up, hats off to you thats some offer.

Shhhh! While everyones clambering to get to see Lottie and Rebecca, it'll be a good chance to sneak in and see someone who would usually be booked up..... ;)

Did I say that outloud? Doh....

Shhhh! While everyones clambering to get to see Lottie and Rebecca, it'll be a good chance to sneak in and see someone who would usually be booked up..... ;)

Did I say that outloud? Doh....

Pity they are too far away for me, i would be in there like a shot. Enjoy.:D

One option I forgot which could explain all the time wasters who don't cancel properly:

had a wank at home instead.

One of the reasons that I've favoured walk-in parlours in the past is that I foresee all sorts of obstacles that may crop up causing me to cancel, which I'd hate to do.

I believe I've only actually cancelled twice, once when my other half got wind of some "unallocated" time I had and her antennae started twictching, another time when a real shitstorm kicked off at work the day before which I had to deal with.

i dont really understand what the op is asking here

say for example i had to cancel a punt because i was told late in the day i had to meet a deadline early then thats what i would tell the working girl

why would anyone make up a reason when you already have a genuine one?

i guess my answer to the op is, i would tell the working girl the truth as to why i couldnt make it

I think I only ever cancelled twice, both times because of being stuck in traffic some distance away.

i dont really understand what the op is asking here

He's asking 'what is the thing most likely to cause you to cancel?' not 'what excuse can you be bothered to give?'

cancel because found someone else better looking.....

cancel because found someone else better looking.....

Probably better not to be too honest about that one. ;)

For what it's worth

I have been let down last min on several occassions by WG's, only cancelled short notice once myself, due to emergency at work..felt guilty non the less.

Genuinely never done it. Been minutes late twice due to, 1) traffic hold up, 2) poor instructions/communication problem.

I'm lucky in that I can forecast my availablity with virtual certainty and the figure of 16 no shows in a day at HoD is staggering.

On the reverse of the coin I've suffered some cancellations/no shows etc, by wg's.

Maybe Off topic, but intrested to hear from the ladies whether they feel "a no show" by a client is worse than staying in all day for A BT Engineer to come check the Phone line or the like and then doesn't which I have had happen to me, and probably the closest as a man I can come to experincing anything you have to put up with in your jobs... You have my sympathies

We all have to live with people breaking promises. Lawyers, dentists, doctors or bank managers deal with it on a daily basis. It's life. One can get pissed-off if one wishes, but in-the-end, you only hurt yourself if you take it to heart. Today, someone left my store with a promise to return with the cash to buy some goods that she asked me to save for her. She didn't return, shit happens. Of course, I don't require some grovelling excuse, nor would I ever get one and nor would it make any difference. If she came back in to buy something from me another day, I wouldn't dream of reminding her, I would just take the money.