JKay

Quote Button

33 posts in this topic

I seem to have lost the ability to post a quote, I hit the button and reply but the quote does not appear, anyone else having problems?

I seem to have lost the ability to post a quote, I hit the button and reply but the quote does not appear, anyone else having problems?

Test quote. Obviously working ok for me.

Test quote. Obviously working ok for me.

Me too

Stating the obvious but have you tried deleting history & cookies, logging out and back in again?

I came on here earlier and it wouldn't let me into the forum at all. A message came up saying there was a software update going on. No idea if that was meant to happen but it did x

I had the same problem this morning but seems to be working fine for me now.

not working for me most of the time.. worked for a bit when I restarted my computer

Another test quote have logged out and deleted cookies and history.

Oh bollox.

Looks like PN does not like IE11, which is a shame as its faster....Grrrr.

Stating the obvious but have you tried deleting history & cookies, logging out and back in again?

Now running Opera............

Now on Opera

OK.. it works when I use Chrome

I too have this problem of not being able to pick up a quote I specifically want to reply to.

Was never a problem till about 3 weeks ago.

Is there a simple solution? I am not very techy and want to stick to coming in through a Google search to try and maintain some secrecy of where I am going.

Any early reply would be appreciated as I would like to contribute to the BBW thread which is already onto 2 pages.

Regards,

davidgood

I too have this problem of not being able to pick up a quote I specifically want to reply to.

Was never a problem till about 3 weeks ago.

Is there a simple solution? I am not very techy and want to stick to coming in through a Google search to try and maintain some secrecy of where I am going.

Any early reply would be appreciated as I would like to contribute to the BBW thread which is already onto 2 pages.

Regards,

davidgood

davidgood, it seems to be a problem with the latest version of internet explorer, so if you have that maybe try using a different browser and see if that cures the problem... Edited by Burty

davidgood, it seems to be a problem with the latest version of internet explorer, so if you have that maybe try using a different browser and see if that cures the problem...

Many thanks Burty for your quick reply.

I have come in 'incognito' thro Chrome and things seem to be OK now.

Regards,

davidgood

Many thanks Burty for your quick reply.

I have come in 'incognito' thro Chrome and things seem to be OK now.

Regards,

davidgood

If anybody wants incognito every time you open chrome, a tip:

right click chrome icon>properties>target> at the end of the line add -incognito (spacing before adding)

I am still using Windows 7 but for the last couple of days it won't accept the quote. It does seem that the problem is wider than the latest version of Windows.

I am still using Windows 7 but for the last couple of days it won't accept the quote. It does seem that the problem is wider than the latest version of Windows.

I had the problem for about a week, which stopped me sending a couple of posts.

Seems OK now though - I'm on IE9 and have not included PN in compatability settings.

Most of the time I'm on here using an ipad with safari or mercury as the browser and have never had a problem with the quote button. I just tried on my windows pc using IE 11 and lo and behold no quote button. I think it's more to do with Internet explorer more than windows itself.

Most of the time I'm on here using an ipad with safari or mercury as the browser and have never had a problem with the quote button. I just tried on my windows pc using IE 11 and lo and behold no quote button. I think it's more to do with Internet explorer more than windows itself.

Same here. Although I'm OK with IE9, it doesn't work with IE11

Same here. Although I'm OK with IE9, it doesn't work with IE11

Using Opera now for PN, but I like IE11 so use it for everything else.

Opera makes text smaller, ho hum.

not working for me either - any chance this could be sorted out?