Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irgendeiner

Pension Fund!

4 posts in this topic

I generally agree. And do so with vigour providing both footballers and working girls pay their taxes according to the law of the jurisdiction concerned.

One can have an interesting debate about the retirement/entitlement age, though. Again generally, I'd expect the 'normal' retirement age of professional footballers to be below that of working girls by at least ten years.

Mind you, the way things are going in the UK, were similar protocols in force here for working girls, we could be faced with WGs unable to draw the state pension until their teeth fell out. 

I generally agree. And do so with vigour providing both footballers and working girls pay their taxes according to the law of the jurisdiction concerned.

One can have an interesting debate about the retirement/entitlement age, though. Again generally, I'd expect the 'normal' retirement age of professional footballers to be below that of working girls by at least ten years.

Mind you, the way things are going in the UK, were similar protocols in force here for working girls, we could be faced with WGs unable to draw the state pension until their teeth fell out. 

Receiving oral would be an interesting experience. :D

Edited by met012

It seems to me that this law seems to say that some groups of people have more rights than others. It is saying that because they earn a lot when young they should get a tax break on those high earnings (can put more money tax free into a pension each month than is otherwise allowed). But there is nothing stopping any person earning a lot when young getting a "normal" job with regular rates of pay when older so what is the reasoning?

Is it that these high earners should not have to stoop to doing a lower paid job later on in life and therefore won't be earning anything and so have to have done their pension contributions earlier?

I think the tax-free pension savings limit should just be higher for anyone who wants to make their own extra provision when younger or older...