Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unclefoxpeter

Reviews - Do We Need To Improve These?

23 posts in this topic

Reviews, or "field-reports" in old-speak, on here are not helping me much anymore.

I am as guilty as anyone and wonder if I should alter my attitude.

The problem is I am "too kind" to tell it as it was. So if things go wrong I remain silent.

Only if things went exceptionally well, do I leave a review.

On a recent punt with an expensive local girl, with a great profile, I found:

1. she kept up a relentless chatter

2. wasted time making drinks and "chatting"

3. told me accidentally that "the clock started" when you came through the door

4. tasted like a smoker

5. had hard fake tits

Did I put this in a review? No I didn't. Should I? Be a backlash somewhere I expect, if I do.

Also girls don't have "names" or "locations" anymore.

So I would give up trying to review "Bedford-Cum-Dump" who was on tour in Cambridge.

So maybe we need to re-view the Reviews system.

I've been incredibly lucky over the last dozen years and can genuinely say that I've only had one punt where, not only should I have walked early on, but did feel that I should write appropriately. The only reason I didn't submit a negative report  was that in the drafting of same I realised that the woman concerned had taken down her website. And recalling what she had said to me I felt that she was making good her decision to retire. A good choice in my view but one that persuaded me not to expend more energy on her FR.

The FR system here has helped direct me to some truly great ladies. I welcome the view that anything over around three/four years old should be disregarded and I would encourage punters to submit honest FRs.

Gresham's Law is about 'Good Money (Currency) will drive out bad.' I reckon that applies to Punting. Quality punts will drive out bad BUT and this is the point - the market needs to know about the good and bad quality.

Uncle Pokey

1 person likes this

Reviews, or "field-reports" in old-speak, on here are not helping me much anymore.

The problem is I am "too kind" to tell it as it was. So if things go wrong I remain silent.

4. tasted like a smoker

5. had hard fake tits

Did I put this in a review? No I didn't. Should I? Be a backlash somewhere I expect, if I do.

So I would give up trying to review "Bedford-Cum-Dump" who was on tour in Cambridge.

As the information you do or don't put in the review are largely up to you - and entirely so in the free text areas - surely the only answer is that YOU should improve YOUR reviews.

I completely agree that many reports aren't as informative as they might be - and I am guilty of that at times - but the reports are the writers to write and it is entirely their choice what they choose to write.

That's life, i think; others disagree. But hard to tell everyone what to do without you starting with your own efforts? 

Edited by vivluvsme

4. tasted like a smoker

5. had hard fake tits

It's hard to know how bad a backlash there could be. I've just had this exchange via AW feedback (I don't use TheCrow7 on AW) after a wasted journey to Croydon:

My FB: Got to rail station. Phoned for address -phone rang out then voicemail, then she switched it off. No SP's to meet but nice trams to watch in CR0.

Her FB for me: U really don't have how to spend your time I see... Leaving me this feedback. I saw u on my window and u was very scary !!!!! So pls (there the FB ends, I guess she reached the word limit or clicked send to soon.)

My dispute: Window overlooks rail station hmmm? Maybe true then. But I can't help my looks! You should have just cancelled, Miss.

The thing is, I'm not unsympathetic to the SP!. But she could have just sent even a last minute text to cancel with an excuse or something. Everything's at discretion! A SP doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to, and she can change her mind anytime. It's a shame for me cos this particular SP is stunningly beautiful,but I'll live. She obviously had a wry sense of humour too (trams...well it's not just seeing them, but the sound, a sort of electric hiss as they go past...well ,your senses get heightened sometimes...)

1 person likes this

I think with more and more girls travelling around or having the odd day in a different location, we need a better system of identifying girls than name and location.  Perhaps we need a unique girl number so we know victoria of tadcaster is the same victoria as victoria of wetwang!

Am I right that all FR's older than about three years got deleted during the upgrade?

I don't think there is a one size fits all approach to reviews. By definition any review will be very subjective and some people will always be too kind while others will always be too harsh. Some will click with a particular girl and will rate her accordingly, others won't and will therefore rate her less favourably. 

At then end of the day, I would encourage everybody to write reviews and to try to tell the story as they see it (good, bad or indifferent) - after all any review is better than no review at all.

It's hard to know how bad a backlash there could be. I've just had this exchange via AW feedback (I don't use TheCrow7 on AW) after a wasted journey to Croydon:

My FB: Got to rail station. Phoned for address -phone rang out then voicemail, then she switched it off. No SP's to meet but nice trams to watch in CR0.

Her FB for me: U really don't have how to spend your time I see... Leaving me this feedback. I saw u on my window and u was very scary !!!!! So pls (there the FB ends, I guess she reached the word limit or clicked send to soon.)

My dispute: Window overlooks rail station hmmm? Maybe true then. But I can't help my looks! You should have just cancelled, Miss.

The thing is, I'm not unsympathetic to the SP!. But she could have just sent even a last minute text to cancel with an excuse or something. Everything's at discretion! A SP doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to, and she can change her mind anytime. It's a shame for me cos this particular SP is stunningly beautiful,but I'll live. She obviously had a wry sense of humour too (trams...well it's not just seeing them, but the sound, a sort of electric hiss as they go past...well ,your senses get heightened sometimes...)

Oh, now she's left me a neutral rating...I suppose that's better than a negative, and since the meeting never took place, at least an effort to bring some professional objectivity to the situation.

I've written reports on most of the wg's I've seen, not that there's been that many but unfortunately none on Punternet as none of the ladies display their number on AW.. As I understand it reports wouldn't be acceptable on here.

Am I right that all FR's older than about three years got deleted during the upgrade?

no.

older ones were deleted but if the lady is still working and not on the no reports list they can be reinstated if the reviewer or the lady request it.  They are still available for the author to see if he logs in.

No, I think you're wrong.

4. tasted like a smoker

5. had hard fake tits

These things should most definitely be included in the review.

1 person likes this

4. tasted like a smoker

5. had hard fake tits

Up to you if you wish to do a review. As to re-viewing the reviews Galahad has only recently relaunced the new lay-out of course. If it was my site i would completely overhaul the whole system.

Up to you if you wish to do a review. As to re-viewing the reviews Galahad has only recently relaunced the new lay-out of course. If it was my site i would completely overhaul the whole system.

In what way?x

In what way?x

I shall keep that to myself out of respect for Galahad, it would be taking the piss to criticize to the degree i would if being honest on his own site.

I forgot to say I booked this girl because she had good reviews.

All I can say is some reviewers are easily pleased.

Hi Chaps

Do you use reviews to formulate initial plans to see a lady or do you take a punt (excuse the pun) on a girl regardless?

I too have not posted reviews on bad experiences and I too think we need to do these to at least let the community make a more informed decision.

SC

Well guys all I can say is that a review is as good or bad, as useful or useless as you make it. You have the choice to have a completely different reviewer name to your board one which I don't think other sites have the option to do so you can post and you can review independently of each other and all the tools to write either a good or a bad one. I don't understand how that can be improved upon. Easy to navigate too. 

Now thats something helpful I didn't know.

I can use a different name to post reviews.

Something like "Mr Grumpy" perhaps?

Well, I think reviews (even if fluffy) still help a lot because (i) at least you can be more confident that the lady is not fake / bait-and-switch and (ii) you get a better idea about her personality, services provided, what her flat is like, etc.  If you connect during sex is a different matter and will depend on the individual punter so no review can help you with that anyway. 

If someone has 10+ FR's (even if fluffy), I find that you can put together a pretty good picture of what she's like.  You may still not have a good connection when you meet her but I think the risk of a bad punt is much lower.

I forgot to say I booked this girl because she had good reviews.

All I can say is some reviewers are easily pleased.

Different people have different ideas about what is good and what isn't and that's why, as Geronimo says, the more reviews the lower the risk of a bad punt.

Having said that, over the years I have seen a number of girls who have received an abundance rave reviews and ended up being very disappointed - I can think of only a handful of girls who have lived up to their hype.

You could be honest be in a neutral tactful way maybe?

ie

She was very chatty which is great if you enjoy conversation more than the intimate time of the booking

I prefer natural breasts so was a little disappointed to find hers were enhanced. 

Whilst I appreciate that her time is money, I found it a little tactless that she told me my time started when I walked through the door. 

Just to let you know, X is a smoker so if that puts you off it's worth bearing in mind!

So you've not been nasty or dishonest so she can't really complain and nor do you sound horrible. Also, if there were parts of the booking that were good say so. Someone who isn't keen on smokers might still want to see her if she (for example) gave an amazing blow job. 

Brilliant! I just dont think that way.

Its years of training in science and such.

Thanks.