Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawmatters

New Sex Work Research In Glasgow

9 posts in this topic

HAVE YOU EVER SOLD OR BOUGHT SEXUAL SERVICES IN GLASGOW?

Would you be willing to be part of a study looking at how law impacts on sex work?

Interviews lasting up to 60 minutes can be arranged by telephone or face-to-face, or can be conducted online by email. They will take place between January and October 2014 with an emphasis on privacy, confidentiality and anonymity. For further details, please p/m me here or telephone 07760525396 or email swresearch@strath.ac.uk

I dunno if the lack of replies on this speaks for how many people have responded to the request, but I'm currently taking part in this research, and I'd recommend it to others. If anyone's worried about it being another piece of research being done to provide propaganda for the like of Rhoda Grant and Trish Godman, then worry not, because that's not the motivation behind it. It's an opportunity to ensure the reality of sex work and punting is reflected, rather than "street prostitution = all sex work".

1 person likes this

I dunno if the lack of replies on this speaks for how many people have responded to the request, but I'm currently taking part in this research, and I'd recommend it to others. If anyone's worried about it being another piece of research being done to provide propaganda for the like of Rhoda Grant and Trish Godman, then worry not, because that's not the motivation behind it. It's an opportunity to ensure the reality of sex work and punting is reflected, rather than "street prostitution = all sex work".

Moi aussi. Snap!

I have now made my contribution to this research.

I met the lady in person and did a face-to-face interview.

I found the whole experience entirely risk-free, interesting and enjoyable and would recommend others to take part also for all the reasons outlined by Kieslowski above. Remember you CAN make your contribution by email or over the phone if you prefer, but I'd say have no worries about doing it the way I did!

Many thanks to those of you who have already taken part in this important research - and for posting here . BUT we need more punters to have their say. What are your views and expereinces of sex work law and regulation in Glasgow? How does it affect you and sex workers you know? Interviews online/by telephone or face-to-face are confidential and at your convenience. 

Hi lawmatters,  drop me a pm and we can arrange a time for a face to face

For what it's worth I myself took part in this research and met up with lawmatters and found it to be a very rewarding experience

I've recently completed my responses to this study by email and found it interesting and enjoyable to give my views on the subjects. I hope others are encouraged to do the same. Even if you don't have much free time, you're given the opportunity to take as long as you need when replying to each question when doing it via email. 

I am happy to help here, although I am not always around in Glasgow, I only visit for a few weeks at a time.