Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ragout

Horns Of A Dilemma

11 posts in this topic

Happy New Year one and all!

I have a interesting problem and seek cultured advice from the collective wit and wisdom of the denizens of this little internet space.

Background,, Xmas and run up spent either with flu' f nursing victims of said disease, Xmas punt money doesn't get used, into the New Year, next month's punt money available, we are not talking huge amounts here, £160 max, (hard times boo ho.

The problem

Ladies identified for both punts are both currently working, I have seen one and she was great, the other has good feedback and looks promising

I will not identify the ladies as I don't think that is relevant,

the question is :-

1. Do I have 2 punts with different ladies?

2. Have 1 long punt with 1 lady?

3. Go 'upmarket' and spend more on one, more expensive, punt with a completely different lady (prospect identified)?

Answers on a postcard please,

Thanks,

Ragout

The fact that you regard yourself as in a bit of a dilemma indicates to me that you're the kind of punter that enjoys both return visits to the tried and tested 'regular(s)' just as much as the excitement of trying pastures new. I'm very much the same.

I resolve this by considering my appetite for risk - the risk, that is, that an encounter with a new SP might not prove satisfactory together with the practical causes of anxiety in (for example) finding the new, perhaps unknown, location, finding parking, etc. I usually find my lust factor - which generally would propel me in the direction of the unknown - is overtaken by the 'safety factor' so that, when undecided, I tend to favour the more comfortable environment of a girl I've seen before and found good.

I also detect that your unspent mazooma from the period when you were unable to get out and about might be burning a hole in your pocket, so to speak. To this I would say "resist the spend imperative". This particularly because, as so many here will testify, the amount spent is certainly not proportional to the satisfaction gained.

In a nutshell I'd say go with the known and go for the length of time you feel comfortable with from you previous experiences.

Starting the New Year with a bang is all well and good, but if it turned out to be a 'phut' ...........

Have a great 2014

UP

1 person likes this

Two punts with diffeent ladies. One you know is good, the other is your new year adventure

2 people like this

I would agree with Lessingham. 

As you have missed a punt then if you blow it all on one or two unknown ladies and they don't measure up then you will possibly be left feeling twice as disappointed as you normally would. Go with a bit of adventure into the unknown but also have a punt with your regular lady that way if the unknown is shite your regular lady can save the day for you x

2 people like this

Agree with Lessingham and Chloe, to me the best solution would definitely be the two punt option, if just for the variety alone 

you could see if you can organise seeing them both together :)

if not i'd go for the 2 punt solution

and forget the 'classy expensive' option.  price is no indication of a good punt.

Happy New Year one and all!

... we are not talking huge amounts here, £160 max, (hard times boo ho ...

Answers on a postcard please,

Thanks,

Ragout

160 to spend - try 7 ladies in two hours (2 guy : 1 Lady ratio) at LMP - do a search on LMP here for more info

You are on a hiding to nothing on here mate. Half will advise you that spending longer than 30 minutes with the same girl is madnees. The other half will say that a minimum of 2 hours is the only way to go, so save for another month.

Only you will know what is right for you. Gird those loins. Book. Then enjoy.

Plan for two punts, with the one you've not seen before going first. Then if she's a disappointment, you'll be able to put it out of your mind with the girl you've seen before; and if she's brilliant, you could see her again. Or extend the punt, even.

Id go 2 punts. Just because someone charges more doesnt mean she'll 'fit' you any better than a cheaper alternative

The horses...the courses....

Update

Friday, thought I'd try the first punt, set off, arrived a bit late, AW woman, didn't give phone number, couldn't let her know I was running late. Arrived at the same time as another caller, embarrassing, asked if punt was still on after other caller left, told no, saved money, and, I think, had a lucky escape from a bad experience. One of those where the alarm bells ring but the little man overrules common sense.

Meanwhile, girl visited before has gone on a break, so got to look again, will I break my 2014 punting duck????