Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WittyWoo

Being A Punting Mentor

11 posts in this topic

Recently I brought a newbie into this wonderful world of punting. He is a good friend of mine. Though from outside he seems to be living a wonderful life; nice house, great cars, very decent income, grown up kids, etc. However, he's been married for almost 30 years and not getting anything physical from his wife. He was quite sexually frustrated.

He confided in me and I felt it was my duty to send this guy off well. Like most punters, I embarked on this journey alone and had many frustrations in the beginning. So I did my best in equipping him with punting knowledge and getting him set up. Last week, we went to his first punt together. He seemed happy enough. He's done better than most newbie punters. This was in USA by the way, where things are a little more complicated.

Overall, he seems much happier now. Though I still have doubts if I'm doing him a world of good or setting him up for a world of pain. Thoughts anyone?

1 person likes this

'You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink' is the expression that comes to my mind.

I reckon you've done your friend a real favour and he has made his own, grown-up choice.

I wish I'd had a good friend like you some 33 years ago.

UP

1 person likes this

I think you are a doing a noble job.

Overall, he seems much happier now. Though I still have doubts if I'm doing him a world of good or setting him up for a world of pain. Thoughts anyone?

Hopefully it will be the former, but that's something out of your control. All you can do is point him in the right direction, the rest will depend on him!

Only your friend can tell whether or not its the right path for him, but at least you helped him past the first few rocky, thorn strewn steps.

There should be a Boozer for punters only. Somewhere to go and talk shop whilst indulging a couple of beers.

Recently I brought a newbie into this wonderful world of punting. He is a good friend of mine. Though from outside he seems to be living a wonderful life; nice house, great cars, very decent income, grown up kids, etc. However, he's been married for almost 30 years and not getting anything physical from his wife. He was quite sexually frustrated.

He confided in me and I felt it was my duty to send this guy off well. Like most punters, I embarked on this journey alone and had many frustrations in the beginning. So I did my best in equipping him with punting knowledge and getting him set up. Last week, we went to his first punt together. He seemed happy enough. He's done better than most newbie punters. This was in USA by the way, where things are a little more complicated.

I hope he will be mature enough not to blame you if things go barmy; e.g., he gets caught, or he decides to break up with his wife, etc. 

Short term fix for a long term problem (for some).

Not that im saying you blokes have a problem but this industry is a wonderland of weirdness that not everyone can revel in.

Personally i wouldnt want my friends involved in it but only because it can take over if youre not prepared.

Long may the fun continue

Only he can judge that. Ask him in five years time.

A wonderland of weirdness! That is a lovely image

There should be a Boozer for punters only. Somewhere to go and talk shop whilst indulging a couple of beers.

You have clearly never been upstairs at Lady Marmalade's :D.