Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

Prostitution in Aberdeen spreads into city centre after a tolerance zone was abandone

8 posts in this topic

Prostitution in Aberdeen has spread into the city centre since a tolerance zone was abandoned because of a change in the law, it has been claimed.

The introduction of kerb crawling laws last year meant police were unable to continue the managed area, carried out on streets around the harbour.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7734480.stm

How many posters on this site have been tempted by streetwalkers?

Far too risky imo. Disease, drug abuse, trafficked women, someone waiting to mug you, prosecution for kerb crawling.......

They must be getting punters, or they wouldn't be there. Am I missing something?

I don't believe that the street scene in Aberdeen was always confined to the Harbour area. But that was a tolerance zone.

A few years ago, when I was often in the city for a few days at a time, I was often approached in streets just off Union St. Just for experiment I did once say yes, but dipped out on the way to her corner - just not a sexy situation.

The lass did say that clients often "paid her into their hotel"; I suppose she ment tip the doorman.

In that area their were several big old hotels, a bit down at heel, and mostly targeting company deals for offshore guys passing through. It was not rare for a woman to be working the corridors knocking on doors asking "if anyone was looking for business"

Police to form prostitution think-tank

Date: 13 December 2008

POLICE chiefs are set to create a "think-tank" on prostitution in the Capital in a bid to learn more about policing the city's sex industry.

The force has already held a similar meeting on prisons which was described as "most productive".

Experts on the sex industry from outside the force are expected to be invited to the think-tank meeting after the matter was raised at the police Executive Policy Group for senior officers.

Raids on flats in Edinburgh saw police rescue seven women who had been trafficked into the country to work as sex slaves in recent years.

Police warned the discoveries may be the "tip of the iceberg" in Edinburgh and have asked for help in finding more victims.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Police-to-form-prostitution-thinktank.4790977.jp

Why the difference between Edinburgh and Glasgow?? How is it that two cities only 45 miles apart can differ so greatly??

Why the difference between Edinburgh and Glasgow?? How is it that two cities only 45 miles apart can differ so greatly??

Look at London, you can change worlds in much less than 4.5 miles.