nten

Rupert Everett In The Guardian: In Defence Of Soho

9 posts in this topic

Interesting article on the Guardian website. Presents a very different side to the story, wonder if this could start a wider, more understanding discussion of the industry.

www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/19/rupert-everett-in-defence-of-prostitutes

Yes, I thought it was a very good article along with the wider and analagous points it implies. Top work, Rupert :)

Unfortunately...the face of soho will change over the coming years...funny enough i like the area just as much as other quirky places on a non punting level...

I say unfortunately because i guess it will bring unheavel to many.

You mean it has a face left…sounds to me like it has remnants and even thats only for now. They have made a massive first attack on the place..its only a forerunner. I doubt if 20 years from now Soho as anyone knows it or knew it will even exist any longer x

There's a thread on the London forum too. The article was great, the coverage given in the main paper was less so but it did highlight the fact that not a single case of trafficking was identified. Three girls were charged with handling stolen goods: mobiles, and undercover officers were used to fence them! So, all that prurient tabloid coverage for a couple of phones. Meh.

Very well written. When Rupert's looks finally go, he can enjoy a second career as a writer.

Soho ..?? not so sure .. never had great times there ..

but the principles of consenting Adults .. choosing how to spend their lucre and time .. dare I say the freedom to do so as in some Western European countries,that is worth speaking out about ..

trouble is for most of us punters..

we would be  a  Stephen Ward, if we manned the barricades