SlickWilly

Advice, Please, On Hdmi To Scart Downscalers

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I was wondering could anybody give me advice on HDMI to Scart downscalers, I have seen some on Amazon. I want to record on to a DVD recorder from my PC.

I have seen Scart to HDMI Uploaders on open sale but that's the reverse of what I think I need.

Alternatively, can anybody suggest another approach to this.

Get some software, like Cyberlink Power Director or similar. Import your video files, edit, create a disc.

Burn a disc in your PC DVD drive, assuming you have a DVD burner.

Hope this helps.

Be aware that not all DVD recorders can record from a scart input.  If they just have a digital tuner then they may well not have the circuitry to convert an analogue signal to digital.

So I take it you want to make DVD-R discs from your PC then play on your DVD recorder? Depending on your recorder you might be able to play discs that you burnt on your PC, depends what format they're in.

Im not sure if this is correct, or my friend is pulling my leg, but I think you can get a HDMI convertor you plug your cable in this which converts to a USB port you can then plug in a flash saver, excuse me if this is wrong I'm just relaying what a friend quoted me to use.

Why do you need to connect PC to DVD recorder? As Kerby said, its just easier to transfer your footage to through DVD writer on your PC.

Yes, there is a away to do it,  but its not as simple as to connect both with USB to RCA cable. You might have a S-video output on your PC. I am not sure it will record though, because graphic card on your PC might not to be compatible with a frame rate of your TV which is subsequently connected to DVD recorder. Its just to much hassle. (I did tried it, as I was to tight to ask proper expert who could do it, lol).

I don't know why you want to do it that way, but as long as you don't want to record the way you play games from your pc to DVDs,  and its just a video files, then why don't get a NAS Drive, connect it to your router, transfer your files there, and watch your files on any device, including TV.(providing its got DLNA, and all smart TVs do). Even the most basic NAS drives for about £80 with 2TB have the media server capabilities. From my personal experience it plays any format you throw at it.

Similarly (if you don't want to buy NAS drive), Plex Media Server would do the same. (your files need to be on your PC though).

1 person likes this

Xenia's suggestion is the method I would use.

As long as you have a wifi smart TV, set up a DLNA server on your computer or get a NAS drive.    

Edited by WhilstNeroplays

I want to be able to record live streams onto my DVD recorder and also this DVD recorder will not read any DVD I have recorded on my PC, probably some DIVx issue which I cannot figure out!

Thanks for all your advice.

Note, that is my separate DVD recorder not the PC's own DVD writer/rewriter.

I want to be able to record live streams onto my DVD recorder and also this DVD recorder will not read any DVD I have recorded on my PC, probably some DIVx issue which I cannot figure out!

Thanks for all your advice.

Note, that is my separate DVD recorder not the PC's own DVD writer/rewriter.

According to your original post you are streaming from your PC?  I assume you are using some kind of media server to do so, otherwise its impossible to do it. (unless you connect it with cables directly, but then it would not call "streaming")

You want to record streaming video to your external DVD recorder which is connected to TV? Your TV WIFI connection on the same network as your PC? (ok this is an obvious one).

Does your DVD recorder has a hard drive built in? Most of them do (at least 80GB).

If you can answer those question, then we can go from there. :-)