Lessingham

Do Working Girls Make Good Neighbours?

87 posts in this topic

Been pondering this a bit as I have a new neighbour and for the first week or so had some inklings she was a working girl. I read here of a girl where her neighbours called the police after complaints about endless men visiting.

My take is a wg should be a good neighbour. She needs to present a safe environment for her clients and does not want police attention so she is law abiding. She would be quiet as not many ( I've met) go in for screaming orgasms all the time. I'm not sure about the endless men thing either. Even a greedy busy girl ain't going to get through what, ten a day? Hardly a bloody queue down the stairs. I know it's an act but most wgs I have met have been really nice so not really neighbours from hell

The downside may be the seediness. A friend of mine moved house because she lived near a parlour and was always getting offers from guys hanging around. She akso hated the condoms everywhere. I doubt this as I have never met a wg who flings used condoms out the bedroom window.

So, would you mind a wg neighbour? Assuming you would not be a customer?

I think the situation you describe is a most unusual one. Most working girls are better neighbours then most. We are careful not to play our music to loud and don't tend to hang around outside or make a mess and certainly don't throw condoms from the window! 

People coming and going is a bit of an issue. We can get quite a few visitors in a day (not as many as 10)  but its simply a case of in, out, in, out and that should not bother most reasonable people as they would just get on with their lives and not take too much notice. I can only imagine that it would be 'busy-body' types with not much to do who would notice that or be bothered by it. 

As long as a WG is careful to vet her clients so as much as possible so she doesn't get any drunk or rowdy guys in and only lets one guy come at a time, she would make a very good neighbour indeed. 

Curious about what grounds there could be for calling plod?

Provided she is the only one working there, is quiet (and makes sure clients are the same), takes care to dispose of condoms and wipes carefully, respects neighbours rights (such as parking, etc), etc, etc, then I would have thought she would be of no interest. If rental though, her chosen profession could be viewed as breaking certain terms in the tenancy agreement, still not a reason for plod to be interested though.

Think I'd rather have a WG next to me than a Mummiesnet activist <_<

Been pondering this a bit as I have a new neighbour and for the first week or so had some inklings she was a working girl. I read here of a girl where her neighbours called the police after complaints about endless men visiting.

My take is a wg should be a good neighbour. She needs to present a safe environment for her clients and does not want police attention so she is law abiding. She would be quiet as not many ( I've met) go in for screaming orgasms all the time. I'm not sure about the endless men thing either. Even a greedy busy girl ain't going to get through what, ten a day? Hardly a bloody queue down the stairs. I know it's an act but most wgs I have met have been really nice so not really neighbours from hell

The downside may be the seediness. A friend of mine moved house because she lived near a parlour and was always getting offers from guys hanging around. She akso hated the condoms everywhere. I doubt this as I have never met a wg who flings used condoms out the bedroom window.

So, would you mind a wg neighbour? Assuming you would not be a customer?

Live and let live :) I live in a basement, so I have to go out onto the pavement to get mobile reception to make bookings sometimes. So I'm sure some of my neighbours can overhear me sometimes. As long as the WG didn't feel my voice was sleazy or in some way unsavory and I was thus an undesirable to live in the area I can't see any problems.

Talking from experience and as a young teenager at the time we had an absolutely GORGEOUS neighbour who was part of the family, one of the nicest people you would ever meet and sexy as hell...she didnt work from the premises so no idea on that part...as i got older we would spend more and more time together but it was our "secret" as she didnt want her son to find out and if anyone ever asked "we were just good friends" fond memories as we pretty much lived in each others pockets for so long!!!

I think the neighbours called the police and said the magic word "trafficked"

I agree about punters not hanging about, we knock and are whipped inside in milliseconds.

Not sure what the point was in calling the police as she wasnt doing anything illegal or breaking any laws. If a punter came to see her who did then its the punter the police need to be called on not her. 

The neighbours can say as many magic words as they like. If the property is rented in her name and there are no signs of force all they can do is go along, have a little chat and see if she is okay. Nowt they can do but the fact that the police were called just demonstrates the level of  ignorance out there still. I told a phone harrasser that if he continued to text me abusive texts I would inform the police and his response was "haha thats a good one, police sticking up for a WG. Your job is illegal you thick slag". I sent him some google links after which he sent this "stop harassing me stop texting me, go away" lol…shitting himself 

Yes people are still a bit thick about all of this. I hope the coppers gave them a good telling off for bothering someone in their own home. 

1 person likes this

Curious about what grounds there could be for calling plod?

Provided she is the only one working there, is quiet (and makes sure clients are the same), takes care to dispose of condoms and wipes carefully, respects neighbours rights (such as parking, etc), etc, etc, then I would have thought she would be of no interest. If rental though, her chosen profession could be viewed as breaking certain terms in the tenancy agreement, still not a reason for plod to be interested though.

Think I'd rather have a WG next to me than a Mummiesnet activist <_<

Unfortunatley you cannot help the respectable neighbours crappy cats ripping open everyones bin bags though. In which case the neighbour with the crappy cat should be held responsible. Even if she did cause a mess in her own garden thats not a police matter. Sounds like a few holier than thous to me

1 person likes this

Unfortunatley you cannot help the respectable neighbours crappy cats ripping open everyones bin bags though. In which case the neighbour with the crappy cat should be held responsible. Even if she did cause a mess in her own garden thats not a police matter. Sounds like a few holier than thous to me

Hmmm, you don't like cats then Chloe (waits for pussy jokes)? ^_^

Good point though, we also get foxes doing it too and I remember talking to an innkeeper in Romania once who complained about bears ripping his rubbish bags open (waits for usual nonsense about Romanian WGs not using condoms!) :ph34r:  

1 person likes this

Good point though, we also get foxes doing it too and I remember talking to an innkeeper in Romania once who complained about bears ripping his rubbish bags open (waits for usual nonsense about Romanian WGs not using condoms!) :ph34r:  

buy a dustbin and keep the bags in there...  I never leave bags lying around.

never had a problem with mine but then again I own my place and am discrete and keep myself to myself not like I can be evicted non of there buisness really dont care what they want as long as im not bothering them what can they say

1 person likes this

never had a problem with mine but then again I own my place and am discrete and keep myself to myself not like I can be evicted non of there buisness really dont care what they want as long as im not bothering them what can they say

trouble is some people are right nobeds about stuff in their street.  Like people parking outside their house,as if they owned the street.  or people taking a short cut walking across their drive.

trouble is some people are right nobeds about stuff in their street.  Like people parking outside their house,as if they owned the street.  or people taking a short cut walking across their drive.

oops meant can't be evicted keep myself to myself so stuff them 

1 person likes this

About time somebody invented an app to locate the nearest WG - they can do it for restaurants etc, what about something useful? ^_^

no I dont they are disgusting creatures who's owners take the piss by allowing them out knowing they are going to rip someones bin bags open. Regarding the dustbins thats true, but when you have a large family thats a lot of dustbins. Why would we have to go to the expense just because someone else cannot be bothered to control their pet. Cats found outside should be impounded like dogs are.

no I dont they are disgusting creatures who's owners take the piss by allowing them out knowing they are going to rip someones bin bags open. Regarding the dustbins thats true, but when you have a large family thats a lot of dustbins. Why would we have to go to the expense just because someone else cannot be bothered to control their pet. Cats found outside should be impounded like dogs are.

what about rats, foxes, gulls and badgers?  they raid bins too.

And tramps!

The neighbours cannot really do much legally if you are an independent but they can make life very difficult for you as I know from experience..

I had some neighbours a long time ago who were not happy. They did not contact the police but instead found out who the landlady was and sent a letter saying do you know that your tenant is a WG (which the landlady did know as she was one too :) )  and he stood outside and shook each of my clients hands as they arrived.. Big deterrent!! So I moved very swiftly.

Besides that, hopefully I would think that we are better tenants than most. Always keep the flat clean, are discreet as to not get noticed, pay the rent on time etc. Problem is always the amount of visitors and the noise really. Clients may think it is wonderful to meet a screaming woman but the neighbours will soon get fed up.

this is true but they are not sought out and bought then brought into your neighbourhood deliberately which is exactly what cat owners do. These are wild animals who only intrude on human areas because us humans have reduced their natural habitats  x

this is true but they are not sought out and bought then brought into your neighbourhood deliberately which is exactly what cat owners do. These are wild animals who only intrude on human areas because us humans have reduced their natural habitats  x

no. we have stopped leaving our scent around that says to wild animals -fuck off. Peeing in the garden is a good way of deterring animals from coming near.  Or an old stocking filled with human hair (ask the haordresser) - both well known methods in the hen keeping fraternity.

leaving waste food lying around is a sure fire way of attracting them.

no. we have stopped leaving our scent around that says to wild animals -fuck off. Peeing in the garden is a good way of deterring animals from coming near.  Or an old stocking filled with human hair (ask the haordresser) - both well known methods in the hen keeping fraternity.

leaving waste food lying around is a sure fire way of attracting them.

Excellent. Having seen no badgers nor foxes or gulls in my street how would you recommend dealing with people crappy cats then. Personally I feel trapping then them handing over to the RSPCA would be the best method. Would stop that mog sitting on my window sill every night and mawing for hours too.

Excellent. Having seen no badgers nor foxes or gulls in my street how would you recommend dealing with people crappy cats then. Personally I feel trapping then them handing over to the RSPCA would be the best method. Would stop that mog sitting on my window sill every night and mawing for hours too.

ground white pepper or citronella.

or a hose.

I have finally met someone who hates cats more than me! Chloe, will you marry me?

1 person likes this

ground white pepper or citronella.

or a hose.

I've heard that orange peel deters the little furry f*ckers

I've heard that orange peel deters the little furry f*ckers

just googled it.

human urine is supposed to deter cats.

so get pissing in your garden chloe!