pooter

If I owned a parlour?

54 posts in this topic

i would introduce loyalty cards, and make entry on quiet periods, and days cheaper. Any one any other ideas?

done and done :) I beat you to it he he

I would give myself a 100% staff discount.

All those things are good ideas but bear in mind you cannot be there 24/7. Could you rely on your maids to do all those things properly when you are not there? Been there and done it but the only time it ran how I wanted it to was when I was actually there.

Fair enough, but considering what a global business it is, up here in scotland we tend to offer a pretty basic, take it or leave it service. We could learn from other parts of the world I imagine.

I ran a parlor for a while as manager and there is no set pattern on what days are quite or busy so difficult to plan ahead too much, a small discount voucher proved more popular as it did increase foot fall and caters for one time visitors and repeat visitors alike as well as being a useful marketing tool.

and as for giving ones self 100 per cent discount sorry mate that is abuse of your staff and not good for morale - I have seen it happen and it ain't pretty nor fair putting the staff in that position.

Beth

If you owned a parlour you would be thinking more like a parlour owner and not a tight-fisted scottish punter :)

I ran a parlor for a while as manager and there is no set pattern on what days are quite or busy so difficult to plan ahead too much, a small discount voucher proved more popular as it did increase foot fall and caters for one time visitors and repeat visitors alike as well as being a useful marketing tool.

and as for giving ones self 100 per cent discount sorry mate that is abuse of your staff and not good for morale - I have seen it happen and it ain't pretty nor fair putting the staff in that position.

Beth

Calm yourself. It was joke posted on a completely hypothetical thread. I have more chance of winning slimmer of the year than I ever have of running a parlour.

I would at least make sure there was mouthwash for the punters in the shower area, I would offer tea, not just coffee. And I would not allow drunks in, there is nothing more annoying for a customer to be sharing the waiting room with a pair of garrulous drunks.

I would at least make sure there was mouthwash for the punters in the shower area, I would offer tea, not just coffee. And I would not allow drunks in, there is nothing more annoying for a customer to be sharing the waiting room with a pair of garrulous drunks.

I made one of my clients tea today and let another put some of my mouthwash in a cup to use. Most guys want juice or water but I don't mind making a brew if requested. Yesterday I made another a sandwich and let him have a glass of wine. No way would I let drunks in. Urrrgh. When I had my own working flat a few years ago, I had punters nick my nice shower products and one shoe. Why he just didn't take both I will never know. One fucking Chanel shoe is of no use to me whatsoever.

, I had punters nick my nice shower products and one shoe. Why he just didn't take both I will never know. One fucking Chanel shoe is of no use to me whatsoever.

O dear! expensive shoes to!!!

I have punters forever stealing the deodorant hair gel etc I leave out for them thinking of stopping it.

I assume that a perk of owning a parlour, as a male - is that you get to shag all the applicants and girls who work there whenever you want. Sounds like a good business to me.

I assume that a perk of owning a parlour, as a male - is that you get to shag all the applicants and girls who work there whenever you want. Sounds like a good business to me.

You wouldn't get any respect from the girls if you were to sleep with all of them unfortunatly opinions like that are the reason many male parlour owners have such a bad reputation even when they have done nothing wrong!

O dear! expensive shoes to!!!

I have punters forever stealing the deodorant hair gel etc I leave out for them thinking of stopping it.

Robbing little gits, maybe you should check their pockets before they leave, and If you find a can of deodorant use It on them as a suppository. :D

i would introduce loyalty cards, and make entry on quiet periods, and days cheaper. Any one any other ideas?

Is nice to know if theres a quiet period and a cheaper rate available. Not sure about the loyalty card thou.

Surely the reason its quiet is because the regular loyal customers arent able to come. Otherwise it wouldnt be quiet?

The aim of loyalty cards for the parlour is that entices the punter to spend his money with your place instead of anywhere else. The appeal to the punters is that they could build up enough "punt points" to get something they would want in return. But the parlour should make sure they'll get enough money from what a punter would spend on building points in order to cover the cost of the reward.

The parlour still has to make money, if say you offered 10 hour punts = 1 free hour punt, What would happen if all you loyal punters turn up to collect on the same day and no one else came? Some ones still going to have to pay the girls, the maintance of the parlour, etc.

If owned a parlour, it'll be more like after ten punts get 11th half price or something.

Is nice to know if theres a quiet period and a cheaper rate available. Not sure about the loyalty card thou.

Surely the reason its quiet is because the regular loyal customers arent able to come. Otherwise it wouldnt be quiet?

The aim of loyalty cards for the parlour is that entices the punter to spend his money with your place instead of anywhere else. The appeal to the punters is that they could build up enough "punt points" to get something they would want in return. But the parlour should make sure they'll get enough money from what a punter would spend on building points in order to cover the cost of the reward.

The parlour still has to make money, if say you offered 10 hour punts = 1 free hour punt, What would happen if all you loyal punters turn up to collect on the same day and no one else came? Some ones still going to have to pay the girls, the maintance of the parlour, etc.

If owned a parlour, it'll be more like after ten punts get 11th half price or something.

So how is that any different to the former points.

So how is that any different to the former points.

Becuase you still have money coming in to cover your overheads.

I made one of my clients tea today and let another put some of my mouthwash in a cup to use. Most guys want juice or water but I don't mind making a brew if requested. Yesterday I made another a sandwich and let him have a glass of wine. No way would I let drunks in. Urrrgh. When I had my own working flat a few years ago, I had punters nick my nice shower products and one shoe. Why he just didn't take both I will never know. One fucking Chanel shoe is of no use to me whatsoever.

Sounds to me that he wanted a memento to remind him of you olivia, so one shoe was enough.

Sounds to me that he wanted a memento to remind him of you olivia, so one shoe was enough.

Yers and he's one shoe short of a pair. Grrr. Knobber. :D

Mid 90's, I was a student, and I used to entertain once a week in a flat that had 'a different lady per day', and I was Saturday Girl.

Me, a maid, a fone, a cctv, and a panic button. (never needed)

I was there every Saturday, come rain, come shine, come blizzard, come volcano. I was never 'off'. Sometimes I got to do Sunday too, occassionally.

Even on Diana's funeral, I was upstairs with legs akimbo, many times!

(I thought no one would visit that day, still went though, and many did!)

The lady of the house, (think Joan Collins in Dynasty, but very kind) was there for an hr most days, she was thrilled with me, for 4yrs.

I always turned up on time, I had no drama, no stupid bf, no drugs, no problems. Just going on what I was have learned since.

She said 'If only I could find 7 of you, one for everyday! I'd be so happy!'

I would never ever run a parlour or agency, wild horses couldn't drag me, even though I think I'd be very good at it.

Fighting dodgy and fake bookings from competition, local gangsters wading in, wanting a cut, girls coming and going, and all the probs they might bring on the back of them, nah...I couldn't be doing with that.

Good luck to girls who do! Hard job...eek!

I'm sure good parlours and agencies find good eggs, but it must be pretty damn difficult to maintain the balance.

You wouldn't get any respect from the girls if you were to sleep with all of them

Now I would really lose sleep over that.

Becuase you still have money coming in to cover your overheads.

It doesn't matter if you give a reduced or a free booking, you would have to give more money to the lady and a business is not about how much money you get per day, its over a period of time.

Maybe a punter would be more tempted to visit your place if he got a free punt rather then a half price punt - so there could become a point where you lose full price bookings because of your offer.

Why cant punters be happy with a place that gives constantly good service which ever girl is working?

I bet you were hopping mad:D:D

I have had a few "free" punts at Madam Becky's with the loyalty card! Nice to have when you are short on cash and too long till pay day!

By the way, Crystal is welcome to frisk me on the way out whenever she wants!

I have had a few "free" punts at Madam Becky's with the loyalty card! Nice to have when you are short on cash and too long till pay day!

By the way, Crystal is welcome to frisk me on the way out whenever she wants!

Yes MB has had a loyalty card system and early riser discount for many years so Crystal has taken on the brand and kept the features she thought good for her and the punter, then added other features to put her own attractive stamp on the place.

As for stealing, I can honestly say I once opened a drawer looking for a towel and found it full of underwear...didn't dare touch a thing let alone filch anything (not only for fear of there being a camera somewhere...).

That is pretty poor to be pinching smellies though; some use fixed dispensers and now I see why.