ladyofthemansion

Parlours must surely be coming to an end.

44 posts in this topic

Parlours that opened a year or two ago and prior to that will be ok for a while but surely with more and more ladies sussing out how to be an indi, it would be a difficult time now to start an establishment.

I miss those days I had running places. We had a lot of laughs. I had a good place going which I think I would still have had if the landlady hadn't seen how well it was doing and took it off me to run herself only for it to be closed down shortly after because she didn't have a clue what she was doing.

I dont think there is a market out there for new parlours. In my opinion most will be gone within the next 2 or 3 years.

I see where you're coming from, and clearly the Internet has revolutionised 'the game'. But I think there will always be guys who prefer the relative anonymity and impersonal nature of a parlour (although that tends to be what puts me off), the casual walk-in aspect and the 'club' style of changing area, massage rooms, often sauna and whirlpool bath, sometimes a bar etc. I also think there are always likely to be ladies who prefer to work in parlours. I would think it offers an extra degree of safety over working solo, it can give inexperienced girls the chance to build up their skills, establish themselves in a new country, compare notes with others and generally learn the ropes. Also, it's probably a lot less hassle working in an established business run by someone else than all the potential problems of self-employment.

You obviously have a lot more experience of this side of things than me, Lady, but I think your pessimism on behalf of parlours is maybe a little premature. :)

I see where you're coming from, and clearly the Internet has revolutionised 'the game'. But I think there will always be guys who prefer the relative anonymity and impersonal nature of a parlour (although that tends to be what puts me off), the casual walk-in aspect and the 'club' style of changing area, massage rooms, often sauna and whirlpool bath, sometimes a bar etc. I also think there are always likely to be ladies who prefer to work in parlours. I would think it offers an extra degree of safety over working solo, it can give inexperienced girls the chance to build up their skills, establish themselves in a new country, compare notes with others and generally learn the ropes. Also, it's probably a lot less hassle working in an established business run by someone else than all the potential problems of self-employment.

You obviously have a lot more experience of this side of things than me, Lady, but I think your pessimism on behalf of parlours is maybe a little premature. :)

When I refer to parlours I am talking about flats or houses ran by somebody who pays the rent and sorts the ads. x x x x x

When i started punting in edinburgh i went to flats, cos no one looks at you when you leave the building, but I had a fair no of crap experiences, culminating in a girl interrupting what she was doing to answer the door to the fedex man. So now I go to the parlours, I dont give a toss if anyone sees me leaving or entering, and if you go to a serious parlour, the owner has winnowed out the chaff. Up here girls tend to stay in the parlour, they make more than they do in the flats as a general rule. But for a parlour to be successful it seems you need a good no of girls on shift, speculative customers are reluctant to visit anywhere where the choice of girls is limited.

Parlours that opened a year or two ago and prior to that will be ok for a while but surely with more and more ladies sussing out how to be an indi, it would be a difficult time now to start an establishment.

I miss those days I had running places. We had a lot of laughs. I had a good place going which I think I would still have had if the landlady hadn't seen how well it was doing and took it off me to run herself only for it to be closed down shortly after because she didn't have a clue what she was doing.

I dont think there is a market out there for new parlours. In my opinion most will be gone within the next 2 or 3 years.

Surely there will still be girls who only want to work in a parlour/flat, especially the students who only want to work part time and those who live with their family. They can't become an indi as they can't afford their own place.

Although I agree its probabaly hard to start up new a parlours because you'll need guys to feel safe enough to visit and girls to work in them. If a new parlour started up I think most of us punters would be a little nervous about visiting until someone takes the plunge and sticks a FR up.

But I think that the parlour is still going to be around for a while and the parlour option does have its advantages. If your a punter and visit an indy for the first time you dont know if she fake or not, is it safe inside, where she is, where to park, is it a safe area, is she going to leave me on the doorstep. With a parlour you trust and visited before you already know all that and the parlour owner has already made sure shes genuine. Its usually a lot easier to book too as an indy maybe away from her phone when you call. Even if tthe girl doesnt show up there usually someone else who maybe free to see.

Although you do have the disadvantage that there are other people stomping about which can be off putting, running into another punter, being "imprisoned" in the bedroom till the bookings over, someone who knows you spotting you going in/out plus theres always the threat of a raid. But some parlours are starting to do the indy feel to their bookings where the girls are spread about in private apartments so its less busy and more relaxing.

I guess for the girls it takes a lot of the admin and maintence hassle away, just turn up on a day you can do, do the job, go home and forget about it. An indy will need somewhere to work, schedule the bookings herself, be able to be safe while working, do all the advertising. She may not want to do it for very long so may not want all that hassle.

So I dont think its the end of the parlour just yet.

with more and more ladies sussing out how to be an indi...

According to some recent plaintive posts there are some WGs so chaotic they can't be relied on to turn up and fill their place on a rota. They wouldn't survive 2 weeks as an indi.

According to some recent plaintive posts there are some WGs so chaotic they can't be relied on to turn up and fill their place on a rota. They wouldn't survive 2 weeks as an indi.

Another vacuous post, nothing but hearsay and speculation.

Stones and greenhouses springs to mind biggus

For a certain type of punter -- and I am one of that type -- a parlour has several advantages over independents.

1. For some punters, the minimum booking time of 1 hour, which many indies impose, raises the price to the unaffordable. The 30-minute booking at parlours, with its correspondingly lower cost, is ideal for that type of punter.

2. The parlour offers accommodation (room + bed, etc) for the punt, while many indies offer only an outcall service. Many punters could not accommodate an outcall session with a WG, either because the wife might not like it, or because he does not often stay at a hotel.

3. The greatest advantage of the parlour is that, with three girls working (at a well-run parlour, of course), you are likely to find at least one girl you like. Furthermore, there might be a girl working there who you have seen before, and who you know is good, plus a new girl. You can go to that parlour, look at the new girl, and if you like her you can try her. If you do not like the look of her, you can instead choose the girl you have seen before, and still have a good punt. This possibility of having a Plan A and a Plan B makes it less likely that the punt will be a complete waste of money.

Parlours also have advantages for a certain type of WG. Not all WGs would want customers coming to their own house, because of fears that the neighbours might discover what is going on. Some WGs would find it scary to visit a new customer, alone, in a hotel. The parlour offers such a WG a certain amount of security. A good parlour, in which cattiness between the girls is not tolerated, can also offer a social life. The life of an indie, working alone, might (in some cases) be a rather lonely existence. At a parlour, she can talk to the other girls and to the receptionist.

With all these advantages, both to the appropriate type of punter and to the WG, I see no prospect of parlours becoming out of fashion.

When I was 'new' to London, (but not new), I had choices, and chose to go to into a 'working flat' for a good while. I knew that my fees would be much lower than if I was indi, but I really needed and wanted that safety belt for a while. The house fee was worth it, for my life?

Also, there was no Pnet when I started out. No sites at all.

God...did I find some grottybag places!

But then I found a lovely one and stayed for 4yrs. Yeah, much longer than needed!

But all she wanted off of me was £10 each visitor. Result! I paid the maid £50, a bit more (10-15 tip) if I'd been really busy. Half hr was £40-£80. £80 was FS. So I got £70 for FS, 1996 this was.

What I'm saying is...it gets very comfy and you feel safe. Everything is taken care of, no rent, no bills, no laundry, etc. Got a safety person right there if you need, etc. That all costs money.

I think that they will always be around, they have been (in several forms) for centuries already! It's a boon for some ladies who need the back up, and a boon for the boys who can't plan their fun in advance.

I have been indi since I discovered these sites! A broken leg in 2005 got me here..had no idea, had nothing better to do, sitting on me bum for months, typed in 'prostitute' cos I love reading the history of such, et, voila! I was very confident about London living by then. And so it was!

Of course my fees are higher now, I have a massive amount of admin to do too, hrs of mails, hrs of prep, photographs, advertising, my own instinct (mistakes can cost me a lot of lost £££) it takes a hell of a lot of time and effort. But I wouldn't have it any other way now.

I think indies and parlours servery different parts of the market, and both will continue as long as there is demand.

I use both BTW

When I refer to parlours I am talking about flats or houses ran by somebody who pays the rent and sorts the ads. x x x x x

Oh I agreed with you until you clarified as above!

I don't call these parlours and I think there will always be a service wanted by girls who don't want to do all the admin etc of running themselves.

The harassed life we have been hearing aout running places suggests a lot of girls wouldn't want any part of that as well as working.

But as has been said, you are the one with experience so I am not at all trying to tell you I know better.

I guess this will depend how vigorously the new laws will be enforced.

If they are pushed hard, then this will inevitably mean a massive increase in the amount of indies available.

However, this will also force the traffickers into that market (not that they aren't there already) as they will always move to where the money is.... Just because a lady appears to be indi does not mean that she is not being forced into it.

This is why I beleive that the only real way to rid this industry of the traffickers etc is to legalise, license and regulate it.

I once beleived that it would happen but with our friend HH on her mad campaign I fear that good sense will never prevail

I guess this will depend how vigorously the new laws will be enforced.

If they are pushed hard, then this will inevitably mean a massive increase in the amount of indies available.

However, this will also force the traffickers into that market (not that they aren't there already) as they will always move to where the money is.... Just because a lady appears to be indi does not mean that she is not being forced into it.

This is why I beleive that the only real way to rid this industry of the traffickers etc is to legalise, license and regulate it.

I once beleived that it would happen but with our friend HH on her mad campaign I fear that good sense will never prevail

Completely agree with you. The only 3 trafficked girls I have ever met have been brought to this country on false promises and then set up as Indies by their captors. All were on the surface beautiful independent girls, they did the job in private flats and handed every penny over at the end of the day.

All managed to escape, all have terrible stories to tell and all still work although they now do it within the safety of parlours and flats and have turned their lives around.

Parlours and flats closing no way. Most Indies start off this way, everyone has to learn the tricks of the trade before they are equipped to go in alone as in any employment. If we were closed down today, there would be 3 parlours or flats open within two days. I don't think you will see the end of flats they will just cover their tracks a little better. The law is so confusing at present and really even the people who have written it don't understand it.

Another vacuous post, nothing but hearsay and speculation.

Stones and greenhouses springs to mind biggus

I dont agree, those that are currently indie are organised and internet advertising/pr savvy. There are other girls who are scatterheads, they simply want some money in their pockets. These would stick up a profile and only answer when it suits them, clear off for the day without cancelling bookings etc etc. Punting would be an utter nightmare if all WG,s were indie.

Parlours are a good option if, like me, you often find it difficult to commit to a timed appointment. Also, for when the mood just takes you. It can be difficult to plan to be really horny at 11:30 next Tuesday.

Parlours are a good option if, like me, you often find it difficult to commit to a timed appointment. Also, for when the mood just takes you. It can be difficult to plan to be really horny at 11:30 next Tuesday.

Agreed and they give you more certainty of getting your rocks off, plus in the better ones a great choice of ladies in one place. I favour parlours in general, the only time I prefer indie is if its with a girl I really get on with and want a longer relaxed meeting with a social aspect to it. If its a straight 60 min shagtime then parlours are great.:D

I think that it is quite a sweeping statement by the OP. I have worked in Parlours and now as an Indepdent and both have good and bad aspects. Some gentlemen will use either one or the other or both dependent on how the mood takes them. It always confuses me though why some feel they have to book days in advance with and Indi. A good Indi you should be able to book within an hours notice, as long as they are available, especially in this current climate. I found it was no more money to set up as an Independent. If you are a popular girl in any parlour, you will be paying your fees from every client, which could amount to £150-200 per day, 3 days per week you would get a hell of a nice place to work from for that. However, I also understand that some girls like working in a parlour, especially if they have hectic lifestyles and would rather somebody did the running about for them.

... It always confuses me though why some feel they have to book days in advance with and Indi. A good Indi you should be able to book within an hours notice, as long as they are available, especially in this current climate.....

I think you've answered your own question. A good indie is not always available, and some of us have to plan our excursions in advance, sometimes with fixed timing. If we are specific about whom we wish to see, a few days notice is only sensible,

I think you've answered your own question. A good indie is not always available, and some of us have to plan our excursions in advance, sometimes with fixed timing. If we are specific about whom we wish to see, a few days notice is only sensible,

Couldn't agree more especially if you have to travel etc, however, some gentlemen will not ring an Indi at short notice for fear of having to book days in advance. However, she might just be free or had a cancellation.

I think that it is quite a sweeping statement by the OP. I have worked in Parlours and now as an Indepdent and both have good and bad aspects. Some gentlemen will use either one or the other or both dependent on how the mood takes them. It always confuses me though why some feel they have to book days in advance with and Indi. A good Indi you should be able to book within an hours notice, as long as they are available, especially in this current climate. I found it was no more money to set up as an Independent. If you are a popular girl in any parlour, you will be paying your fees from every client, which could amount to £150-200 per day, 3 days per week you would get a hell of a nice place to work from for that. However, I also understand that some girls like working in a parlour, especially if they have hectic lifestyles and would rather somebody did the running about for them.

Hi Sophie. I agree that sounds like an awful lot of money to be paying out, the only reason I will defend that statement is because people will only see that figure and forget what the girl would be earning to pay that out.

So a girl has paid 200 commission, for that she has had a days bookings and will have earned in excess of £600, she can do that 3 days a week. If she is doing A levels her earnings will be be much higher. That is a lot of money for turning up to work at 11am and then being out of the door at 8pm. She has not had to pay a rent, council tax, utility bill, landline, mobile, extensive and now very expensive advertising. She will not have had to answer a single call or email, all complaints about her will have been dealt with without her even having to raise her head off the pillow, any compensation for her not being able to make the booking or a below par service will be met for her. She will not have to worry about security, day to day problems of illness or having to let clients down, furnishing her property and stocking it ready for her appointments, maintenance problems or indeed loss of deposits etc when moved on, laundry and the problems when a rival wants her out of the way. (It happens to Indies to!). The agency will also be paying VAT and personal tax on all that, very little is VAT deductable.

I think it probably suits a lot of girls for lots of different reasons.

Spot on - at one point David Blunkett was going to do that. At the end of the day, the main beneficiaries for legalisation and regulation would be the girls themseves! Not to mention the tax man!

HH and co - if you genuinely care for the plight of wg's and not just on a "political" crusade, PLEASE do this! All you are doing now is making it harder to find the abused MINORITY by driving them further under ground!

Hi Sophie. I agree that sounds like an awful lot of money to be paying out, the only reason I will defend that statement is because people will only see that figure and forget what the girl would be earning to pay that out.

So a girl has paid 200 commission, for that she has had a days bookings and will have earned in excess of £600, she can do that 3 days a week. If she is doing A levels her earnings will be be much higher. That is a lot of money for turning up to work at 11am and then being out of the door at 8pm. She has not had to pay a rent, council tax, utility bill, landline, mobile, extensive and now very expensive advertising. She will not have had to answer a single call or email, all complaints about her will have been dealt with without her even having to raise her head off the pillow, any compensation for her not being able to make the booking or a below par service will be met for her. She will not have to worry about security, day to day problems of illness or having to let clients down, furnishing her property and stocking it ready for her appointments, maintenance problems or indeed loss of deposits etc when moved on, laundry and the problems when a rival wants her out of the way. (It happens to Indies to!). The agency will also be paying VAT and personal tax on all that, very little is VAT deductable.

I think it probably suits a lot of girls for lots of different reasons.

Could not agree more, as I said, for ladies that have hectic lifestyles or just do not want the responsibility of worrying about the above, this is why girls pay any parlour owner the money that they do.

As in all walks of life

Some people are cut out to be their own boss and some people prefer to leave the hassle to others and just take a "wage"