Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
porker paul

Compounding The Error

22 posts in this topic

Like many guys I have a separate punting phone, which is kept locked in my desk drawer, and I only switch it on when making, or confirming, a booking.

I got my phone out, and switched it on this morning in order to make a confirmation call to a lady I am meeting tomorrow. I was surprised to find 2 text messages from a lady I met last year. The first gave me directions to her place including the necessary parking arrangements, the apartment block to look out for and the code for the entry phone. The second message was an apology telling me the text was not meant for me.

Having sent one message in error I think it was pretty stupid of her to send a second; if I had not been so prudent it could have been a disaster for me.

Yet another reason to have a separate phone and to delete all call history, texts etc before putting it away.

Like many guys I have a separate punting phone, which is kept locked in my desk drawer, and I only switch it on when making, or confirming, a booking.

I got my phone out, and switched it on this morning in order to make a confirmation call to a lady I am meeting tomorrow. I was surprised to find 2 text messages from a lady I met last year. The first gave me directions to her place including the necessary parking arrangements, the apartment block to look out for and the code for the entry phone. The second message was an apology telling me the text was not meant for me.

Having sent one message in error I think it was pretty stupid of her to send a second; if I had not been so prudent it could have been a disaster for me.

Yet another reason to have a separate phone and to delete all call history, texts etc before putting it away.

Umm

difficult.  sending an unsolicited text isnt good.  and i can see that sending such a text in error and not sending a correction might cause issues.  But 2 texts on a phone found by a missus may not be good either.

I would have sent a second text, too. The first one may have got you into trouble - would it not be better to have a second one to show her indoors that it was a mis-fire, clearly not intended for you?

3 people like this

I would have sent a second text, too. The first one may have got you into trouble - would it not be better to have a second one to show her indoors that it was a mis-fire, clearly not intended for you?

I confess I had not thought of it that way, However, I still feel that it might have been better with just the one message. The second one did indicate that I might have been aware of what was going on!

Anyway, if this persuades one other guy to get a separate punting phone, and keep it secure, then it has been worthwhile.

I couldn't get away with having a second phone. If i get caught with a second phone, then immediately doubts are raised regardless of what content may or may not be on that phone.

What about having a seperate sim card would that be easier to hide?

1 person likes this

Luck favours the brave old chap... Live life on the edge my friend!!!

I couldn't get away with having a second phone. If i get caught with a second phone, then immediately doubts are raised regardless of what content may or may not be on that phone.

You could just keep your old handset as a back up in case the new one develops a problem. Then buy a PAYG SIM for £5 from a supermarket. Totally anonymous, and you are off and running! I delete all history every time I make a call.

What about having a seperate sim card would that be easier to hide?

Yes that's a very good idea; but they are easy to damage unless you have a clean secure place to keep one.

I don't get this.

One day some drunken woman rang my phone, in error, and moaned that she was waiting to be picked up

and gave me an ear bashing.

I gave the phone to my wife and said that stupid women often seem to mis-dial this number.

Some numbers are easier to dial wrong than others. Psychological factors!

You just need to watch messages SENT, received ones don't matter.

Why not get a partner who doesn't snoop your texts and call history?! 

Why not get a partner who doesn't snoop your texts and call history?! 

Knowing what I know about men, I would snoop big time. Of course only once I'd be ready to divorce     :D

Friend of my wife's has recently split from her husband of many years after finding a secret phone in his coat which contained records of calls/texts to another woman.

You could just keep your old handset as a back up in case the new one develops a problem. Then buy a PAYG SIM for £5 from a supermarket. Totally anonymous, and you are off and running! I delete all history every time I make a call.

Yes that's a very good idea; but they are easy to damage unless you have a clean secure place to keep one.

As you can get them for a £1 maybe its not too much of a big deal if it gets damaged. A client of mine keeps his sim tucked right in the corner of his wallet where he keeps notes and receipts.

I have a zillion old phones knocking about my place, keep it in plain view (in the old mobile phone drawer!) but make sure it's pin protected.  Use it for your punt and pop it back in the drawer, nobody takes any notice of things that have always been there, it's when they find them in an unusual place that alarms bells start going off.

1 person likes this

I have a zillion old phones knocking about my place, keep it in plain view (in the old mobile phone drawer!) but make sure it's pin protected.  Use it for your punt and pop it back in the drawer, nobody takes any notice of things that have always been there, it's when they find them in an unusual place that alarms bells start going off.

Trouble is having to keep the thing charged up. Eventually her indoors is going to marvel at a phone that's still juiced after 2 years in the drawer. I'd just tuck a SIM away in the far corner of my wallet with a bit of sellotape

I lost the count how many messages I received on my personal phone and then guys apologise for the error but then keep sending messages if I make the mistake to respond.  I decided to ignore some guys, but even so, they harrass me months or years later.  Some guys do not take no for an answer and I honestly do not know what to do about this as I do not want to take legal action.

I think in your case was a genuine mistake, or maybe she wanted to get in touch with you although I wonder why some people would keep other's number after such a long time???????  Is not like you went to school with them and they are long lost friends.

I was flicking thru tv channels the other night , and I stopped on qvc ( sad I know) they are now making a phone that takes two sims , and you can work the sims separately , ie turn one off so no calls or texts come thru on that number , until u reactivate it .

I can't remember the name of the phone but that could help , no need to hide phone or sim

You just need to watch messages SENT, received ones don't matter.

They only don't matter if you never assign names to any of your naughty contact numbers. If a suspicious message is received with a name attached, it must be from someone in your own personal contacts list.

I was flicking thru tv channels the other night , and I stopped on qvc ( sad I know) they are now making a phone that takes two sims , and you can work the sims separately , ie turn one off so no calls or texts come thru on that number , until u reactivate it .

I can't remember the name of the phone but that could help , no need to hide phone or sim

They have had them in europe for years. My ex had one when I first met him, he kept his spanish sim and his english one in there as he worked abroad but came back here a lot still

I think a 2nd sim is a perfect idea, way easier to hide a sim card than a phone. good thinking!

kate lll

I lost the count how many messages I received on my personal phone and then guys apologise for the error but then keep sending messages if I make the mistake to respond.  I decided to ignore some guys, but even so, they harrass me months or years later.  Some guys do not take no for an answer and I honestly do not know what to do about this as I do not want to take legal action.

I think in your case was a genuine mistake, or maybe she wanted to get in touch with you although I wonder why some people would keep other's number after such a long time???????  Is not like you went to school with them and they are long lost friends.

I had someone the other week ask me "is this what I think it is?", I said "What do you think it is", went around in a circle and rang off, then the guy text saying he was trying to get in touch with a colleague at work.

The 'mates playing with my phone' excuse is also a good one too.