youveryniceman

who else will ignore any new law?

9 posts in this topic

i will not be frightened off by a law that criminalises consenting indoor paid sex when their are rapists,child molesters,drug dealers and human traffickers to be caught.

i will not be frightened off by a law that criminalises consenting indoor paid sex when their are rapists,child molesters,drug dealers and human traffickers to be caught.

They have to pass it first!!! Think they have enough shit to be dealing with at the moment than tackling what could be a contriversial topic!!:(

I agree with you and will be punting as usual. The only difference is i will not be ruling out the possibility of the place i go getting raided in the future. If it did i still woudnt care. F*** them is my motto.

I suspect that there is still enough residual common sense in labour back benchers to ignore Fiona MacTaggart.

Her last attempt lasted 90 secs before more important issues were discussed.

What she has now is a horlicks of ideas and the mess that the anti trafficking squad apparently didn't do enough good work to justify its cost.

It is very difficult to ascertain who paid money to whom for what if neither party want to co-operate with the authorities.

In the old days of police intolerance to gays they would send young cops onto the roof of a public urinal to gain evidence for their queer bashing approach to enlightenment.

One assumes even the police would not wish to have to use similar tactics on allegedly paid for sex.

Close parlours = more girls on the streets.

there's a lot of people who collect videos/DVDs, not because they think the

films are any good, but because they are illegal, the government tells them they shouldn't watch/own them.

If it'd become illegal to pay for sex, maybe people who have never done it before will start doing it for the same reason :(

it appears that in finland with a similar law there have been no convictions as juries are loathe to convict as they can understand the difficulties of knowing if someone is trafficked forcibly for prostitution.

i doubt if a jury(if allowed one) would convict a punter for having consenting indoor paid sex in a parlour or with an agency wg

it appears that in finland with a similar law there have been no convictions as juries are loathe to convict as they can understand the difficulties of knowing if someone is trafficked forcibly for prostitution.

i doubt if a jury(if allowed one) would convict a punter for having consenting indoor paid sex in a parlour or with an agency wg

Fiona Mactaggart said on BBC on Wednesday that the Government specifically made the law different here than in Finland. In Finland, the punter is only culpable if he knew the WG was trafficked, coerced, etc., which is very difficult to prove. In the UK, they will not have to prove this. There will be 'strict liability' which means that the punter will have committed a crime regardless of whether he knew or not.

Only two tests will be conducted:

1. Did he pay for sex?

2. Was she controlled for another's gain, or trafficked, or coerced, etc.

Mactaggart said that she fully expected there to be convictions here...

I suspect that there is still enough residual common sense in labour back benchers to ignore Fiona MacTaggart.

Her last attempt lasted 90 secs before more important issues were discussed.

This time it will be different.

Last time around it was (IIRC) a private member's amendment, and the Government had other pressing matters in connection with the Bill before Parliament (i.e. the prison officer's strike or threat of, or whatever it was).

This time it will be Government legislation, and no doubt will be whipped so don't delude yourself that it won't get through both Commons and Lords.

Expect high profile raids once it's been passed. Remember the Government is trying to send a message... this has nothing to do with the real world and everything to do with ideology and demagoguery...

B

mctaggart would say that would'nt she!

i have faith in people being sensible enough to see through the govts propaganda,

also as has been pointed out in a guardian article,the police would have to arrest pimps and traffickers first.

the general population are more clued up than we think!